Saw Palmetto Market Outlook
Saw Palmetto is the fruit of a plant Serenoa repens, which is primarily found in the southeastern part of the United States. Saw palmetto has been touted for its benefits for increasing testosterone levels and has been used in the preparation of extracts and tonics. The extract of the saw palmetto has been used by the males and females for the reproductive systems and urinary tract. The extract of the saw palmetto is a rich source of the fatty acids, flavonoids, and plant sterols and is used in the dietary supplements, traditional herbal medicine, and cosmetics and personal care products. Saw palmetto is commercially prepared in the form of dried or partially dried fruit and sold as a whole fruit or in a fine powder form. Saw palmetto is used in a bulk form to make liquid and semi-solid extracts, tinctures, capsules, and teas.
The Increasing Middle-Class Population and Increasing Income of the Middle-Class Population in the Developing Economies Is Surging the Demand for Health Supplements And Drive the Global Saw Palmetto Market
Saw palmetto is used to make a liposterolic oily extract, which has been traditionally used for its excellent results in the symptomatic treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) and moderate benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The concoction fatty acids present in the extract is believed to have an ability to block the enzyme that is responsible for the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). The conversion into dihydrotestosterone leads to the hair-loss and genetic susceptibility. Due to the prevalence of the diseases, increased health concerns and health consciousness in the developed economies demands production of more health improving products and precautionary measures, such as health supplements and dietary supplements. The use of saw palmetto in dietary supplements targeted for reproductive systems and increasing consumption of such dietary supplements is creating a positive scenario in the global saw palmetto market.
The increasing consumer awareness about the health benefits of the saw palmetto extracts and supplements, along with the increasing disposable income of the consumer is leading to the increased demand for the saw palmetto in the global market. Developing economies such as China, India, Turkey, Brazil, Indonesia, etc. are experiencing an increase in the population of the middle-class and an increase in income. This has led to an increase in consumer spending on consumer goods and luxury items, as well as an increase in the consumption of health-related products. The global market of saw palmetto is driven by the increasing consumer demand in the developing economies.
Saw Palmetto Market: Regional Analysis
North American and European market is anticipated to occupy the major share of the global saw palmetto market. Saw palmetto is native to the southeastern region of the United States and has huge demand due to the traditionally known uses and large consumer base in the region. Whereas, the Asian and the Middle East and African market of the saw palmetto is likely to show the highest growth rate. The increasing consumer awareness about the health benefits of the saw palmetto and saw palmetto extract and increasing disposable income of the middle class populace in the Asian and Middle Eastern and African countries is creating a buzz in the global market of the saw palmetto.
Saw Palmetto Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the Saw Palmetto market are:
- MTC Industries Inc.
- Valensa International
- Monterey Bay Spice Company
- Saw Palmetto Berries Co-op of Florida Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Saw Palmetto market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as form, grade, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Saw Palmetto Market Segment
- Saw Palmetto Market Dynamics
- Saw Palmetto Market Size
- Saw Palmetto Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Saw Palmetto Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Saw Palmetto Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Saw Palmetto
- Value Chain Analysis of the Saw Palmetto Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Saw Palmetto Market Segmentation
The saw palmetto market can be segmented on the basis of product type, form, nature, end use, and distribution channel.
On the basis of product type, the saw palmetto market can be segmented as:
- Partially Dry
On the basis of form, the saw palmetto market can be segmented as:
On the basis of nature, the saw palmetto market can be segmented as:
On the basis of end use, the saw palmetto market can be segmented as:
- Dietary Supplements
- Herbal Medicine
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Products
On the basis of distribution channel, the saw palmetto market can be segmented as:
- Direct Sales Channel/ B2B
- Indirect Sales Channel/B2C
- Traditional Grocery Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retail
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the Saw Palmetto market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the Saw Palmetto market
- Competitive landscape of the Saw Palmetto market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Saw Palmetto market performance
- Must-have information for Saw Palmetto market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.