This Scoliosis Management market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Scoliosis Management market.
Scoliosis is a medical disorder causing deformities in spine especially sideway curvature forming S or C shape in the spinal region. Scoliosis generally occurs during the pre-puberty phase. The major cause of scoliosis is primarily due to disorders such as muscular dystrophy and cerebral palsy, and are most common causative conditions, and other cause of scoliosis is still unknown. In early cases, scoliosis is minor, however if untreated or unresolved may lead to severe deformities. Scoliosis results in reducing space within chest cavity, thus, causes difficulties in the proper functioning of lungs. The other factors such as environmental factors and genetic factors can also cause scoliosis. In addition, scoliosis management consists of complex procedures for correcting the shape of the spine and management steps are selected based on the level of severity of the disorder and bone maturity coupled with the degree of progression of scoliosis which may differ in males and females. For scoliosis management, braces, physical therapies such as exercise, self-care, and leisure, alternative medicines, and surgeries are often used.
Scoliosis Management Market: Drivers and Restraints
The growth of scoliosis management market is mainly driven by the increasing prevalence of scoliosis in the global population. For instance, according to the estimates of National Scoliosis Foundation (NSF), approximately 2–3% of the population is suffering from scoliosis in U.S. alone with estimates of six to nine million people. In addition, nearly 600,000 patient visits to private facilities, more than 30,000 adolescents using braces, and approximately 38,000 patients have undergone spinal fusion surgeries. All these factors are responsible for driving the overall growth of the scoliosis management market. However, the factors such as high cost of treatment or procedures can impede the market growth. Moreover, other factors such as lack of skilled professionals, unfavorable reimbursement policies, and limited understanding of the disorder and available treatment options are also hampering the overall growth of scoliosis management market.
Scoliosis Management Market: Overview
Scoliosis management market is expected to show a tremendous growth during the forecast period. Scoliosis is mainly diagnosed by using X-ray technology and aids in the calculation of a degree of curvature. Scoliosis management is based on the degree or pattern of curvature of the spine, age, type of scoliosis, and level of progression. In early cases of scoliosis, observation is done for a time period of 4 -5 months. Scoliosis is a common medical condition of spine in adolescents and creates an ample opportunity for market participants to invest in scoliosis management owing to the fact that scoliosis has high prevalence and incidence rate in the overall population, resulting in demand for better treatment and management options.
Scoliosis Management Market: Region Wise Outlook
Geographically, global scoliosis management market can be segmented as North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to hold the largest market share followed by Western Europe owing to the factors such as the presence of more sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, increasing awareness among the population and higher prevalence. In addition, other factors such as high R&D expenditure by governmental bodies, and availability of favorable reimbursement policies in these regions boosts the overall growth of scoliosis management market. The market in Asia-Pacific excluding Japan region is estimated to grow at fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to increasing healthcare expenditure, and easy availability of management options. Moreover, consistent technological advancement and product launches in this region also boosts the growth of scoliosis management market. However, the regions such as Latin America and Middle East and Africa show a stagnant growth during the forecast year owing to the dearth of skilled personnel and low per capita healthcare expenditure in these regions, apart from lack of awareness about the disease.
Scoliosis Management Market: Key Players
Some of the market participants in the global scoliosis management market are Boston Orthotics & Prosthetics, Chaneco, Original Bending Brace, Orthotech, Trulife, L.A. Brace, Össur, DJO, LLC, Wilmington Orthotics & Prosthetics, Inc., Lawall Prosthetics and Orthotics, Horton's Orthotics & Prosthetics, Aspen Medical Products, UNYQ, C H Martin Company, Optec USA, Inc., Spinal Technology, Inc., Ortholutions GmbH & Co. KG, Wellinks, Inc., and Pro-Tech Orthopedics.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Scoliosis Management Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Scoliosis Management Market: Segmentation
The global scoliosis management market can be segmented on the basis of disease type, age, product type, distribution channel, and region.
On the basis of disease type, global scoliosis management market can be segmented as:
- Infantile Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Juvenile Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
On the basis of age, global scoliosis management market can be segmented as:
On the basis of product type, global scoliosis management market can be segmented as:
- Cervical Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis (CTLSO)
- Thoracolumbosacral Orthosis (TLSO)
- Lumbosacral Orthosis (LSO)
On the basis of distribution channels, global scoliosis management market can be segmented as:
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Scoliosis Management Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Scoliosis Management Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Scoliosis Management Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Scoliosis Management Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)