This Seed Biostimulants market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Seed Biostimulants market.
Seed biostimulants are the substances or micro-organisms that are applied to seeds to reduce the requirement for fertilizers and enhance plant growth and resistance to abiotic stresses and water. Biostimulants enhance nutrient efficiency and nutrient uptake of seed. The small amount of seed biostimulants is efficient in favouring the better performance of the plant’s vital processes and allows high yields with good quality.
The various raw materials used in the composition of seed biostimulants include humic acids, algae extracts, hormones, and plant growth-promoting bacteria. Researches are being carried out to evaluate the bio stimulants ameliorate plant development subjected to the saline environment, stresses, and development of seedlings.
In modern times, abiotic stress is a concern for the productivity and growth of plants. Abiotic stresses including drought, extreme temperatures, and salinity are responsible for huge crop losses across the world. Therefore, seed biostimulants are being incorporated into production systems to modifying physiological processes in plants and enhance productivity.
The application of biostimulants to early plant development or seeds stimulates root production and growth particularly in soils having low fertility and water availability. There are many biostimulants available in the market. For instance, seed biostimulants offered under the trade names Generate, Fulcrum, Crop Set, and Redicrop 2000 works positively for three tree species such as Betula pendula, Quercus rubra, and Fagus sylvatica
A Positive Outlook for Biological Products
In the early 2000s there were very few companies offering seed biostimulants. After two decades there are hundreds of companies offering seed biostimulant products and many are in the stage of research and development. Several factors are driving the seed biostimulants market.
First, there is an increasing number of people showing interest and accepting seed treatment products. The European Union (EU) population is becoming environmentally conscience and seed biostimulants find a place in the market with that perception.
Second, the new technologies and research and development activities are driving the market. CSMCR based in India has developed seaweed-based seed biostimulants that enhanced crop productivity in India by 37%. New products are also being launched in the market which is driving the market demand for seed biostimulant.
- In 2019, Bayer Corporation based in the United States developed ProStablish WT and JumpStart WT that helps in increasing cereal yields by improving nutrient and water uptake.
- In 2015, Koppert Biological Systems launched seed biostimulant for arable crops such as wheat and maize. The product contains microorganisms that stimulate plant growth and it is safe for humans and the environment.
Seed Biostimulants Market: Regional Analysis
The developed economies such as North America and Europe are expected to dominate the market for seed biostimulants over the forecast period. The demand for seed biostimulants in these regions is driven primarily by increasing research and development activities and increasing population preferring vegan food. Besides, the seed biostimulants is also anticipated to have a growing demand in the Asia Pacific region attributing to the increasing health and wellness awareness among the consumers in the region, increasing per capita disposable income, and growing government initiatives for the primary sector which includes Agriculture. Latin America is expected to grow fastest in the seed biostimulants market; this is due to the climate of the region which is exposed to more abiotic stresses.
Seed Biostimulants Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the Seed Biostimulants market are:
- PRP Technologies
- BAYER CROP SCIENCE
- Koppert Biological Systems
- Legend Seeds
- Biolchim S.p.A.
- Isagro S.p.A.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the seed biostimulants market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as ingredient type, form, and application.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Seed Biostimulants Market Segment
- Seed Biostimulants Market Dynamics
- Seed Biostimulants Market Size
- Seed Biostimulants Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Seed Biostimulants Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Seed Biostimulants Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Seed Biostimulants
- Value Chain Analysis of the Seed Biostimulants Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Seed Biostimulants Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Seed Biostimulants Market Segmentation
The Seed Biostimulants market can be segmented on the basis of ingredient type, form, and application.
On the basis of ingredient type, the seed biostimulants market can be segmented as:
- Plant Extracts
- Algae Extracts.
- Seaweed Extracts
- Amino Acid
On the basis of form, the seed biostimulants market can be segmented as:
On the basis of application, the seed biostimulants market can be segmented as:
- Oilseed & Pulses
- Cereals & Grains
- Flowers & Ornamentals
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the Seed Biostimulants market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the Seed Biostimulants market
- Competitive landscape of the Seed Biostimulants market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Seed Biostimulants market performance
- Must-have information for Seed Biostimulants market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Seed Biostimulants Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Seed Biostimulants Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Seed Biostimulants Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Seed Biostimulants Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)