This SLAM Robots market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving SLAM Robots market.
SLAM Robots (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping Robots) are incorporated for a range of outdoor, indoor, underwater and aerial applications for autonomous and manually operable appliances, equipment and vehicles. For instance, SLAM robots find common applications in vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers, surveillance using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), underwater coral reef monitoring, exploration of mines under the ground, and terrain mapping applications in space.
SLAM robots also help in mapping topological and metric models of the environments in which they are deployed. The mapping features offered by SLAM robots are grid-based scans, two-dimensional mapping and three dimensional mapping. SLAM technology is considered as a fundamental challenge for robots to become truly autonomous.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak on SLAM Robots Market
An increasing usage of SLAM robots is being observed for the purpose of scientific research during the ongoing global lockdowns. As the population stays at home during the pandemic crisis, scientists are taking this opportunity to record environmental changes on a global level.
However, with production shortages in robotics sector and declining procurement of robots and industrial automation equipment, the adoption of SLAM robots is estimated to decline at a rate of 3% to 4% in industry verticals like manufacturing and automotive. Adoption of UAVs integrated with SLAM features is also estimated to decline over the coming months in 2020.
SLAM Robots: Market Dynamics
There are various factors driving the demand for SLAM robots. Fully functional SLAM robots can gain accurate information pertaining to the environment surrounding them and function appropriately, with only a little governing force. This factor is estimated to enable the global SLAM robots market to grow steadily during the forecast period. These SLAM robots are capable of educating researchers about the behavior and terrain of their surrounding environments. Manufacturers are offering remotely operable SLAM robots that can be remotely governed or controlled in their surrounding operational environments.
Such beneficial factors are likely to boost the adoption of SLAM robots in the global market. Technologically enhanced variants of SLAM robots possess environmental sensors integrated into them. These sensors enhance the operational efficiency of SLAM robots, and ensure the safety and security of such robots. Therefore, self-maintenance, autonomous navigation and sense of environment are the primary factors expected to drive the demand of SLAM robots during the forecast period.
However, SLAM robots are highly expensive. Small and medium sized research organizations cannot afford to procure SLAM robots due to their heavy initial and maintenance costs. Additionally, lack of technological awareness regarding SLAM robotics restricts the global SLAM robots market.
SLAM Robots Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the key service providers in the global SLAM robots market are
- Amazon Robotics,
- Clearpath Robotics,
- The Hi-Tech Robotic Systemz,
- Magic Leap,
- Rethink Robotics,
- Mobile Industrial Robots ApS.
Following are some key developments in the global SLAM robots market:
- Intel, in collaboration with Mobileye, deployed a Road Experience Management (REM) platform, which is a high definition mapping solution that utilizes information collected by REM-enabled vehicles in order to develop maps that can be incorporated in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and automated driving systems.
- Intel also collaborated with Waymo, an Alphabet company, to offer the computing power needed for Level 5 and 4 autonomous vehicles.
SLAM Robots Market: Regional overview
Among all the regions, the SLAM robots market in North America holds the largest market share of the global SLAM robots market, and is anticipated to maintain a steady growth rate throughout the forecast period. The growth of SLAM robots market in North America may be attributed to the constant innovations in the technology and science related to the SLAM.
Increasing procurement of SLAM robots by leading research institutes and organizations is projected to help the global SLAM robots market grow during the forecast period. The SLAM robots market in Russia is expected to record the highest growth rate during the forecast period owing to the increasing adoption of research automation equipment in the country.
The SLAM Robots market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- SLAM Robots Market Segments
- SLAM Robots Market Dynamics
- SLAM Robots Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved in the Market
- Technology Landscape
- Value Chain of the Market
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, & Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, BENELUX, & Russia)
- East Asia (China, South Korea, and Japan)
- South Asia & Pacific (India, ASEAN, and Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey & South Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent SLAM Robots market
- Changing SLAM Robots market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of SLAM RobotsMarket
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key SLAM Robots Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
SLAM Robots Market: Segmentation
The SLAM Robots market can been segmented on the basis of type, solution and use case.
With respect to type, the global SLAM robots market can be segmented into:
- Extended Kalman Filter SLAM
- Graph-based SLAM
- Fast SLAM
With respect to solution, the global SLAM robots market can be segmented into the following:
- Two-dimensional SLAM
- Three-dimensional SLAM
On the basis of use case, the global SLAM robots market can be segmented into the following:
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the SLAM Robots Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the SLAM Robots Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from SLAM Robots Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the SLAM Robots Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.