The market report covers comprehensive information about market trends, volume (Mn Tones & Mn Sq. ft.) and value (US$ Mn) projections, market dynamics, competition and recent developments in the Global Soil Stabilization Materials Market for the study period 2018 to 2028.
The global soil stabilization materials market is expected to reach close to US$ 15 Bn by the end of the forecast period, registering a CAGR of 6.6% for the period between 2018 and 2028. The global soil stabilization materials market is estimated to represent incremental opportunity worth approximately US$ 14 Bn between 2018 and 2028. Advancements in building & construction industry, real estate growth, increasing governmental focus on infrastructural development and increasing demand for enhancing agricultural productivity are some of the factors expected to the boost the global soil stabilization materials market during the forecast period.
Soil stabilization materials are additives added to the natural soil to enhance certain properties of natural soil. Soil stabilization materials help increase the load bearing capacity, tensile strength & overall performance of soil. Soil stabilization materials alter the physical and chemical properties of soil and aggregates by enhancing its engineering properties, either temporarily or permanently.
Soil stabilization materials are mainly classified under three categories: polymers, minerals & stabilizing agents and others. Materials, such as lime, fly ash, Portland cement, bitumen, etc., fall under the category of minerals & stabilizing agents based soil stabilization materials. Other soil stabilization material includes salts, agricultural waste & slug. Soil stabilization materials are widely used in the construction industry.
The global soil stabilization materials market is expected to show high growth over the forecast period
The global soil stabilization materials market will witness notable growth during the forecast period and will mainly be driven by the rapidly growing construction industry. Also increasing demand for sustainable infrastructure and efficient road transportation for effective global & international trade will boost the demand for soil stabilization materials across the globe. Increasing focus of governments on infrastructural development and rising investments in real estate has surged the demand from the construction sector which further creates demand space for soil stabilization material.
Likewise, increasing infrastructural investments by the government will lead to an increase in the number of roads, railways, bridges, pathways, etc. which in turn, will escalate the growth of the soil stabilization materials market. Also, increasing demand for high agricultural productivity and rising demand for high agricultural yield will boost the demand for soil stabilization materials from the agricultural sector.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
China, North America and Western Europe to hold lion’s share in the global soil stabilization materials market
Increasing infrastructural investments in China, Asia Pacific, Europe and North America will boost the demand for soil stabilization materials. Governments in these regions are highly focused on strengthening their transportation network for securing domestic and international trade routes owing to which there will be rise in the governmental projects, such as roadways, railways, airports, bridges etc., which will act as a driving force for the global soil stabilization materials market. North America and Asia Pacific will show high growth and China will be the dominant market in the soil stabilization materials market.
Soil stabilization materials market competitive landscape
The global market of soil stabilization materials is fragmented in nature, with no market players holding significant double digit market share. Globally, the top 10 market players will collectively account for 12 % to 17 % of the market share.
In the recent years, the soil stabilization materials market has witnessed significant developments from the competition viewpoint. Expansion, acquisition and collaboration are the key strategies being adopted by key players to expand and sustain in the global soil stabilization materials market. Some of the key developments are:
- In Apr 2016, Low and Bonar, an engineered polymers manufacturer, opened a new production facility in Changzhou National Hi-Tech District – China’s economic development area. The company invested over US$ 35 Mn on the factory, which covers an area of 29,600 sq. meters.
- In 2017, Carmuse a lime producer, signed an agreement with Handyman’s lime & Astro quarries for the management of its lime plant located in Zambia. In 2016, the company along with the help of GP group acquired Golden Lime, a lime producing company in Thailand
Some of the key players identified across the value chain of the global soil stabilization materials market and included in this study are Graymont Limited, Carmuse, Low & Bonar PLC, Tensar Corporation, Boral Limited, Adelaide Brighton Limited, Sibelco Australia Ltd. & Thrace Group among others.
Key questions answered in the report
- How has the soil stabilization materials market evolved in the past four years?
- What shape will the soil stabilization materials market take in terms of volume and value during the study period?
- What are some of the prevailing market dynamics in the soil stabilization materials market?
- What are some of the key developments and trends in soil stabilization materials market?
- What are some of the underlying macro-economic and industry factors impacting the growth of the soil stabilization materials market?
- What are some of the important key challenges, opportunities and improvement factors for market players present in the soil stabilization material market?
- What are some of the important market positioning and key strategies of key manufacturers as per the market taxonomy?
- How the competition is structured at present and how has it evolved in the soil stabilization materials market over the past few years?
Soil Stabilization Materials Market: Segmentation
- Minerals & Stabilizing agents
- Portland Cements
- Agriculture Waste
- Sludge & Slag
- Roads, Runways
- Non Agriculture
- North America
- Western Europe
- SEA & Other APAC
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe