This Surface Mount Technology market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Surface Mount Technology market.
Surface mount technology is a method through which electronic circuit is produced. In this technology, components of electronic circuits are placed directly onto the surface of printed circuit boards (PCBs). An electronic device made with surface mount technology is called as surface mount device. In present time, all mass produced electronics hardware are manufactured by using surface mount technology.
Surface Mount Technology Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Surface Mount Technology Market: Segmentation
Global surface mount technology market is segmented on the basis of application, equipment, component and region. By application the global surface mount technology market can be segmented into telecommunication, consumer appliances, automotive, medical, defence & aerospace and Industrial sectors. Out of all these applications, global surface mount technology continuous to encourage the demand of telecommunication, consumer appliances and computing sector. However the market is expected to witness significant opportunity during forecast period for specific applications such as automotive, medical and defence.
By equipment, the global surface mount technology market can be segmented into screen print equipment, soldering equipment, placement equipment, inspection equipment, cleaning equipment, and repair and rework equipment. Out of all these equipment’s, screen print equipment market is expected to grow rapidly during the period of forecast. Surface mount technology equipment manufacturers are focusing on diversification of product offerings. Increasing demand of high quality SMT equipment from contract manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers expected to benefit the growth of surface mount technology market.
By component, global surface mount technology market can be segmented into passive surface mount devices, transistor & diodes and integrated circuits. Passive surface mount devices are available in range of package sizes. Though, majority of passive surface mount devices are either resistor or capacitors for which package sizes are relatively standardised. Transistors & diodes are often enclosed in a small plastic package. For integrated circuits variety of packages are used. The package used for integrated circuit is dependable on level of interconnectivity required.
By region, the global surface mount technology market can be segmented into seven regions such as North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan as separate region and Middle East & Africa. Out of all this region, Asia Pacific region is expected to grow rapidly during the period of forecast because of booming electronic contract manufacturing into this region. Additionally, rapid growth of industrialization, GDP growth and growing infrastructural development into this region offers great growth prospects for the growth of surface mount technology market. Latin America region is expected to be second fastest growing market, followed by Asia Pacific region. Western Europe market is affected severely due to volatile economic conditions. However European government started focusing on development of hardware & manufacturing industry by supporting innovative start-ups and electronic manufacturing clusters in the region.
Surface Mount Technology Market: Key Players
Key market players in global surface mount technology are ASM Assembly Systems GmbH & Co. KG, CyberOptics®, FUJI MACHINE MFG. CO., LTD., Juki Corporation, Hitachi High Technologies Corporation, Nikon Metrology NV Tioga Limited, Allen Organ Company LLC., Omron Corporation and Panasonic Corporation. Key players are primarily focusing on research & development activity in order to develop innovative technology.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Surface Mount Technology Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Surface Mount Technology Market Segments
- Surface Mount Technology Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Surface Mount Technology Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Surface Mount Technology Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Surface Mount Technology Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Surface Mount Technology Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Surface Mount Technology Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Surface Mount Technology Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Surface Mount Technology Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Surface Mount Technology Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.