This Toxicology Drug Screening market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Toxicology Drug Screening market.
Toxicology drug screening is a set of diagnostic tests carried out to detect the presence of legal and illegal drugs uptake by an individual. It usually determines the type and approximate concentration of drug in the human body. Commonly, blood and urine samples are obtained from patient in order to perform toxicology drug screening. In addition with blood and urine samples, hair and oral fluids are other sample forms used to determine presence of drug in the body. Toxicology screening process can be done very quickly and provides approximate results showing the presence of specific drug in the system. Toxicological screening is done for four primary purposes that includes medical testing, employment drug testing, forensic analysis, and athletics testing. Toxicological drug screening enables control in consumption of illegal drugs such as alcohol, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, opiates, tricyclic antidepressants, and amphetamines. A doctor or physician performs a toxicology screen in case of accidents or sexual assaults on a person if suspected with the drug intoxication or overdose symptoms including unconsciousness, difficulty breathing, panic attacks, chest pain, deliriousness, and seizures. However, toxicological drug screening is also performed before undergoing an organ transplant, drug abuse, during pregnancy. Toxicology drug screening find vast applications in food and beverage industries, chemical industries, cosmetics and households and pharmaceutical companies which increases the demand in toxicology drug screening market. These screening tests are majorly intended for detection of illegal drugs in victim’s blood or urine sample. Biochemical assays, cellular assays, reagents and kits, in silico services are the major type of toxicological drug screening products available in the industry. Many of these screening tests are performed to determine systemic toxicity, carcinogenicity, dermal toxicity, genotoxicity, neurotoxicity, and organ-specific toxicity and thus contribute majorly to the revenue generation in toxicology drug screening market. These toxicology drug screening methods are performed using various high-end technologies such as high-throughput screening, genomics, transcriptomics, and molecular screening. The increasing usage of toxicological screening generates large revenues in the toxicology drug screening market owing to their increased demand in hospitals and trauma centers, rehabilitation centers and forensic laboratories. On the other hand, toxicology drug screening market is gaining profit due to rising cases of sexual assault and accidents across the globe. Increasing adoption of in-vitro methods to detect toxic drugs in human system tends to propel the growth of toxicology drug screening market across the globe and registers a significant revenue growth in the toxicology drug screening market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Toxicology Drug Screening: Market Dynamics
Growing technological advancements leading to development of novel screening products, increasing availability of high-end drug screening instruments, reagent and kits coupled with wide application areas for toxicology drug screening are some of the major factors expected to drive the growth of toxicology drug screening market. Introduction of rapid and automated toxicity detection technologies, increasing government expenditure on toxicity testing and favorable reimbursement policies in toxicity screening is further propelling the growth of toxicology drug screening market. Also, rise in demand for toxicology drug screening in the food and beverage industry, and chemical industry is also expected to drive the growth of toxicology drug screening market. However, inadequate efficacy of conventional techniques and longer time taken by laboratories for sample testing are some of the factors restraining the toxicology drug screening market growth.
Toxicology Drug Screening Market: Overview
Based on product type, in-silico screening and assays are most commonly used methods for toxicity testing in the toxicology drug screening market owing to the rapid and accurate results obtained from them. Toxicology drug screening is majorly done using high-throughput technique and genomics. The cosmetics and household segment in applications is expected to register largest revenue shares in in toxicology drug screening market owing to the increased demand of toxicological testing in early diagnosis of illegal drug consumption, thereby fueling the toxicology drug screening market over the globe. However, the product has significant end user application in hospitals and trauma centers, thus accounts for a significant market share in global toxicology drug screening market.
Toxicology Drug Screening Market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, global toxicology drug screening market is segmented into seven key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. Europe is projected to hold largest shares in the global toxicology drug screening market primarily due to growing R&D activities to detect toxicity levels in the human body at early stages. Europe is followed by North America which registers second largest shares in global toxicology drug screening market worldwide. However, Asia Pacific is expected to experience a robust growth over the forecast period and generates high revenues in global toxicology drug screening market.
Toxicology Drug Screening Market: Key Players
Some of the key players present in global toxicology drug screening market are Agilent Technologies, Inc., Covance, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., General Electric Company, BioReliance, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Eurofins Scientific SE, GE Healthcare, Quest Diagnostics, Alere, Inc., Enzo Life Sciences, Inc. and others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Toxicology Drug Screening Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Toxicology Drug Screening Market: Segmentation
The global Toxicology Drug Screening market is segmented by product type and end user:
Segmentation by Product Type
- Biochemical Assays
- Cellular Assays
- Reagents & Kits
- Enzyme Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Enzyme Multiplied Immuno Assay (EMIT)
- Radio Immuno-Sorbent Assay (RIA)
- Immunochemistry Analyzers
- PCR machine
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- In-Silico Services
Segmentation by Test Type
- Acute Systemic Toxicity
- Dermal Toxicity
- Ocular Toxicity
- Organ-Specific Toxicity
Segmentation by Technology Type
- High-Throughput Screening
- Molecular Screening
Segmentation by End User
- Hospitals and Trauma Centers
- Forensic Laboratories
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Toxicology Drug Screening Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Toxicology Drug Screening Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Toxicology Drug Screening Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Toxicology Drug Screening Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)