UHT or Ultra-high Temperature processing, or Ultra-Pasteurization is a technique that sterilizes the milk and other liquid food. This sterilization is done by heating the milk above 135?C, which helps to kill the bacteria and spores in the milk.
This technique is now extensively used to increase the shelf-life of the milk and keeping the nutrient value intact during the process making it beneficial for health.
Asia-Pacific is expected to remain frontrunner in the UHT milk market. The growing population in India and China will bolster the market demand for UHT Milk in the near future. Second to Asia-Pacific region, Europe is expected to have a large share in UHT milk market.
Europe registered around 65.38 kg per capita consumption of milk in the year 2019. This large per capita consumption with increasing health awareness will surge the demand for UHT Milk across the globe.
Increasing Milk Consumption Backed by Growing Awareness Concerning Health is Bolstering the Growth for UHT Milk
Dairy has always been the backbone of the food & beverage industry as it is used as an ingredient extensively. Due to this producers and manufacturers of this industry are very attracted to UHT Milk as it has longer shelf life than regular milk, which in return will benefit the final product.
Manufacturers are using UHT Milk to produce various products such as ice-cream, cheese, paneer, condensed milk, buttermilk, etc.
With progressing sedentary lifestyles, the trend of on-the-go shakes is growing. Owing to this, many manufacturers are using UHT Milk for producing ready-to-drink shakes. These ready-to-drink shakes have a longer shelf life with nutrient value intact due to the pasteurization technique and thus is gaining increased market traction.
UHT Milk is gaining its popularity as it does not require any refrigeration.In recent times, there is also a gain in demand for lactose-free milk as the lactose intolerant population is increasing. In India, around 62.5% were lactose intolerant in 2012.
This figure shows how the largest producer and consumer of dairy are also in demand for lactose-free dairy products. Responding to these demand large manufacturers are producing lactose-free UHT Milk.
Key Players of UHT Milk Market
- Parmalat S.p.A
- Dairy Partners Americas Brasil Ltda
- DMK Deutsches Milchkontor GmbH
- Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller GmbH & Co. KG
- S.A.B. de C.V.
- Lactalis International
- Nestlé S.A.
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- Danone S.A.
- Arla Foods amba
- Parmalat S.p.A.
- Savencia Fromage & Dairy
- Sodiaal Group
- Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co. Ltd.
- Grupo Lala
are some of the prime players of UHT Milk Market.
Opportunities: UHT Milk
UHT Milk has robust supply chain. Unlike regular milk, it does not require a cold supply chain for transportation as it is processed in high temperature and therefore can easily be stored at room temperature without refrigeration. Owing to this reason many manufacturers are opting for UHT Milk for producing ready-to-drink shakes.
As the demand of consumers is changing with time, manufacturers are innovating in the products accordingly. With increasing consciousness of health and weight in the population, the consumers are observing very keenly of what is to be consumed in terms of fat, calorie, and sugar. Responding to this, many manufacturers started producing fat-free, skimmed UHT Milk.
Manufacturers are also innovating in different innovative flavours to which consumers are responding very positively. Manufacturers have got a very enthusiastic response to the flavours that organic and natural. To gain traction of more consumers, manufacturers are also keenly innovating in different packaging for the product. Attractive packaging and designs attract around 70% of consumers based on impression put up on the product.
The Report Covers Exhaustive Analysis on:
- UHT Milk market segment
- UHT Milk market dynamics
- UHT Milk market size
- UHT Milk supply and demand
- Current trends/issues/challenges pertaining to UHT Milk market
- Competition landscape and emerging market participants in UHT Milk market
- Technology related to production/processing of UHT Milk
- Value chain analysis of the UHT Milk market
Regional Analysis Includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, BENELUX, Poland, Russia, Nordic, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The UHT Milk market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases).
The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analysing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the UHT Milk market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the UHT Milk Market Report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the UHT Milk market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the UHT Milk market
UHT Milk: Market Segmentation
- Whole Milk
- Semi-skimmed Milk
- Skimmed Milk
Distribution Channel :
- Online Stores
- Retail Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- PET Bottles
- Tetra Packs
- Plastic Pouches
- Direct Heating Systems
- Indirect Heating Systems
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.