This Energy Drinks market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Energy Drinks market.
Energy drinks are beverages containing stimulant compounds like caffeine, which is often marketed for the provision of mental and physical stimulation. Energy drinks may and may not be carbonated. They contain amino acids, taurine, and sugar, or other taste-enhancing products like sweeteners.
Energy drinks are a subset of a larger group of energy products like bars and gels. They differ from sports drinks, which are often consumed to enhance sports performance. There are several beverages in the global market which contain caffeine, but not all can be considered an energy drink. Energy drinks differ from soft drinks or other caffeine containing products owing to the taste and health benefits provided.
Energy Drinks Market Driven by Change in Consumers’ Lifestyle
The global energy drinks market is projected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to the change in the consumer’s lifestyle, and the rise in consumer focus on fitness and health. Consumers are conscious of their health so they are often involved in fitness work to enhance their health and strength. Also, there is a growing switch from the consumption of carbonated drinks towards energy drink consumption
In addition to this, the increase in demand for energy boost products is expected to facilitate the rising demand from young adults and adolescents. The millennial are raising the demand for energy drinks globally because of the health benefits attributed to the consumption.
Growing Consumer Demand for Sugar Free Products
The rise in awareness of the adverse effect of consuming too much sugar makes consumers switch to consuming products with little or no sugar. Sugar has been proven to be one of the significant causes of diabetes globally. Soft drinks like Coca Cola are rich in sugar, which harms the health of consumers, especially adults. Consumers are ready to spend on healthy products like an energy drink, which will facilitate the growth of the energy drinks market globally.
Energy Drinks Market Restraints
The global energy drinks market is not without its challenges. The energy drinks market might receive a heavy blow soon due to the enormous competition between energy drinks and other beverages like package juice, malted health drink, and aerated beverages. While energy drinks are in high demand, it’s the high cost that other beverages leverage to take over the market as consumers may consider opportunity over quality.
Also, the rise in awareness regarding the adverse effect of caffeine might foster the decline in the growth of energy drinks over the forecast period. Consumers’ are conscious about the product they consume from the food and beverage industry.
Energy Drinks Market: Region-wise Analysis
North America remains the primary market for energy drinks due to the rise in health concern and awareness. The region will continue to hold dominance in the global market over the forecast period. However, regions like the Asia Pacific and Europe are growing markets owing to the rise in consumer disposable income, an increase in consumer adoption rate, and change in consumer demography. The market in other regions like South America, the Middle East, and Africa is small. However, in the coming years, it will register a tremendous growth since the rise in demand from the regions is increasing drastically.
Energy Drinks Market: Competitive Landscape
The global energy drinks market is saturated and highly competitive such that small companies can’t survive except they merge with major key players in the industry. Major key players in the industry are creating awareness via advertisement and celebrity endorsement. In addition, sport events like olympics, World cup, Euro, and UEFA are sponsored by energy drinks prominent key players. Some major players operating in the industry include:
- Red Bull
- Monster Beverage Corporation
- Rockstar Inc.
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Arizona Beverage Company
- National Beverage Corp.
- Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
- Living Essentials
- Cloud 9.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. Research report provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Energy Drinks Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Energy Drinks Market Segment Analysis
The global energy drinks market can be segmented on the following basis:
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
- Convenience Stores
- Specialist Stores
By End User
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Energy Drinks Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Energy Drinks Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Energy Drinks Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Energy Drinks Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)