This Virtual Companion Care market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Virtual Companion Care market.
In the age of digitization, relationship between patients and care-givers or health maintenance organizations is changing rapidly as various technologies are being employed by primary and secondary users of health care services across the globe. The popularity of virtual worlds is increasing over the time and healthcare systems are thus using it for promoting healthy behavior. Virtual companion care represents an example of virtual reality that represents a virtual agent which is incorporated with an artificial conversational entity like cathbot, and can display appropriate non-verbal behavior after communicating with existing healthcare databases. Elder population can talk to them in a normal conversational tone and the virtual agent can speak back, answer questions, read news for them, etc. Many elderly people living alone at home require companionship. There are different technologies such as mobile phones and computers that can connect these elderly patients to their families however these technologies can provide only companionship as much as busy family members can do. Virtual companion care provides alternative that can be a substitute for in-person human contact and alleviate loneliness. The concept of virtual caregiving however cannot replace the human companionship although it can be viewed as a way to decrease the time for companion sessions and thus is cost saving. The cost of virtual companion care services in the U.S. is approximately US$ 200 per month. Virtual companion care services have made caring for seniors very easy and feasible.
Virtual Companion Care Market: Drivers and Restraints
Primary factors driving growth of virtual companion care market are rapidly growing geriatric population, technological advancements, penetration of technology among general population and elderly population and need for companion care services due to elder population living alone at the home. According to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the National Ambulatory Medical Care survey, population aged over 65 in the U.S. will be doubled by 2030. Majority of elderly people may not need assistance but require companionship and thus virtual companion care is adopted by them. Even though information society is gaining importance over time elderly people are major challenge in this respect as they lack interest and knowledge of technological progress. This is expected to limit the growth of virtual companion care market.
Virtual Companion Care Market: Overview
Market for virtual companion care is in early stage of development and majority of population in developing countries is yet to know about it. Majority of the platforms are being developed by the universities and are expected to be completed and launched over the forecast period of 2017–2027. Even in developed countries such as the U.S. and European countries the concept of virtual companionship is not readily adopted by the general population. Under its Eurostatrs Program, European Union is developing Naviga platform which allows elder people and persons with disability to access the internet and the information society. The platform also provides home rehabilitation physiotherapy through virtual reality applications.
Virtual Companion Care Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, global virtual companion care market is classified into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America clearly dominates the global virtual companion care market due to high penetration of technology and internet among elderly population. Europe is expected to be the second largest market due to government initiatives for providing companion care to elderly. Japan virtual companion care market is expected to witness robust growth due to number of companies working to develop virtual platforms for elderly care.
Virtual Companion Care Market: Key Players
Some of the players identified in global virtual companion care market include Claris Healthcare Inc., General Electric Company, AIST Japan, GeriJoy Limited, Living Assistance Services Inc. etc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Virtual Companion Care Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Virtual Companion Care Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, global virtual companion care market has been segmented on the basis of end user, and geography
Based on end user, global virtual companion care market is segmented as below:
- Long-term Care Centers
- Home Care Settings
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Old Age Homes
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Virtual Companion Care Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Virtual Companion Care Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Virtual Companion Care Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Virtual Companion Care Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)