This Acesulfame Potassium market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Acesulfame Potassium market.
Acesulfame potassium is an odorless, crystalline powder which is derived from acetic acid. Acesulfame potassium has low calorie content, high temperature stability & water solubility and good shelf life. Acesulfame potassium is 200 times sweeter than sugar due to which it is a widely used sugar substitute or artificial sweetener and flavoring agent in food & beverage, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. Acesulfame potassium is directly added in bakery products and other foods that require increased shelf life. In beverages, acesulfame potassium is used in combination with other sweeteners including aspartame and sucralose. Acesulfame potassium is also used in pharmaceutical industry, to alter the bitter taste of chewable tablets and liquid medicines. Acesulfame potassium is rendered as non carcinogenic by World Health Organization and European Union regulations. Beverage industry is currently the largest consumer of acesulfame potassium, followed by food processing and pharmaceutical.
Global Acesulfame Potassium Market: Key Segmentation
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
On the basis of application, the global acesulfame market is segmented into: carbonated soft drinks, juices, ice cream, chewing gums, hard candy, pudding, gelatins, and yogurt
On the basis of region, the global acesulfame market is segmented into: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, and Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Global Acesulfame Potassium Market: Drivers & Restraints
Increasing consumer health awareness and changing usage patterns of food additives are driving the market demand for acesulfame potassium. Artificial sweeteners are added in different foods and beverages so as to reduce the overall calorie content in foods as well as preserve their nutritional values. However, prolonged consumption of these artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, cyclamate, sucralose and saccharin has contributed to cause increase in obesity, diabetes, tooth decay, insomnia and other heart problems. Moreover, these additives also react with the ingredients of the product, thereby affecting nutrition and shelf life. Acesulfame potassium is considered suitable as compared to other food additives, since it does not react with other ingredients. Due to high temperature stability, acesulfame potassium can be directly added during the food manufacturing process. Acesulfame potassium also counter balances the post effect of other sweeteners and flavoring agents, and hence used in conjunction. Furthermore, acesulfame potassium does not affect cholesterol levels and owing to its solubility characteristics, it gets easily absorbed and excreted after consumption.
However, global developments in producing bio-based food additives such as stevia can be considered as a restraining factor which might hinder the growth of global acesulfame potassium market demand.
Global Acesulfame Potassium Market: Region-wise Outlook
In terms of the global demand for acesulfame potassium, Asia Pacific is anticipated to become the fastest growing region by the end of the forecast period. Currently, China is the largest producer and consumer of acesulfame potassium owing to its use in preparation of diet foods and carbonated drinks. Thus, China is expected to become the leading supplier of acesulfame potassium by the end of 2020. India is likely to depict favorable end-user market for acesulfame potassium, owing to its joint ventures and expansions with other beverage giants such as The Coca Cola Company. Other countries such as Indonesia and Japan are expected to follow similar trend. North America followed by Europe are expected to illustrate a stagnant growth in demand for acesulfame potassium by 2020, due to their mature food processing and pharmaceutical markets. However, a slow growth is likely to result due to the consumption of acesulfame potassium in preparation of cosmetics such as lipsticks among others. Rest of the world, especially Africa and Latin America are estimated to show the slowest growth by the end of forecast period.
Global Acesulfame Potassium Market: Key Players
Some of the major producers dominating the acesulfame potassium market include, Changzhou Niutang Chemical Plant Co. Ltd., Suzhou Hope Technology Co. Ltd. and Anhiu Jinhe Industrial Co. Ltd. PepsiCo, Inc. and The Coca Cola Company among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Acesulfame Potassium Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Acesulfame Potassium Market Segments
- Acesulfame Potassium Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Acesulfame Potassium Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Acesulfame Potassium Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Acesulfame Potassium Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Acesulfame Potassium Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Acesulfame Potassium Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Acesulfame Potassium Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Acesulfame Potassium Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Acesulfame Potassium Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.