An Incisive, In-depth Analysis on the Apac Heart Health Functional Food Market
This study offers a comprehensive, 360 degree analysis on the Apac Heart Health Functional Food market, bringing to fore insights that can help stakeholders identify the opportunities as well as challenges. It tracks the global Apac Heart Health Functional Food market across key regions, and offers in-depth commentary and accurate quantitative insights. The study also includes incisive competitive landscape analysis, and provides key recommendations to market players on winning imperatives and successful strategies.
Key Growth Influencers - Heart Health Functional Food Market
Health Benefits of Omega 3-based Products
The growing demand for food with added benefits, especially for heart health functional food, has created a high potential for manufacturers of heart health food in the Asia-Pacific market. Companies are launching new omega-3-based ingredients as well as products that target the heart health functional food market.
- DSM launched OatWell, an oat beta-glucan fiber product, especially for health-conscious customers. OatWell helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, lowers cholesterol levels, and controls levels of glucose in the blood.
- Cargill launched an omega-3 oil blend, and easy to use food ingredient, for food manufacturing companies. The addition of this oil blend boosts nutritional benefits of food products. This oil blend delivers omega-3 (EPA and DHA), which plays a significant role in heart health and brain development.
- Wilmar International launched Arwana 3A+, a cooking oil enriched with omega-3, to specifically target the Chinese heart health functional food market. It was marketed a solution for omega-3 deficiency that leads to poor heart health.
Innovation in Product Offerings
Increase in health awareness has boosted demand for heart health functional food products over the last few years. Manufacturing companies have also shown a keen interest in improving their market presence by through new product development and increasing production capacities of existing plants.
- BASF SE expanded its production of omega-3 fatty acid in Asia to enhance its offerings in nutrition and health segments, as well as to offer new heart health functional food products.
- Tate and Lyle launched PromOat Beta Glucan for consumers in Asia-Pacific. This ingredient can be consumed easily on a daily basis. Additionally, this product helps to control high cholesterol levels as a well as helps avoid risk of coronary heart disease.
High Profit Margins Identified in Emerging Countries
Heart health functional food products are sold in the market at higher prices in comparison to conventional food products, thus ensuring higher profit margins for manufacturers of heart health functional food products. This creates favorable opportunities for players in the heart health functional food market. Additionally, it improves the prospects for better economic contribution in terms of revenue for the developing nations.
- Over the past decade, the heart health functional food market has increased at an exponential rate. As a result, emerging economies are also focusing on exports to cater to the growing demand for heart health functional food products in developed economies. Heart health functional food companies are positioned to gain significant profit margins at every level in the supply chain, from raw material manufacturers to end-retailers.
- The number of older people in developing countries is projected to increase more than 250% as compared to a 71% percent increase in developed countries. Increasing instance of cardiovascular diseases, primarily in older people, across these regions is expected to drive the growth of the heart health functional food market demand during the forecast period of 2019-2026
Japan to Represent Profitable Investment Pocket
The heart health functional food markets in Japan, China, and India are expected to witness high growth rates in terms of value between 2019 and 2026. Among all the countries in APAC, Japan is estimated to account for a comparatively higher value share in heart health functional food market in 2019. The heart health functional food market in Japan is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period and expected to gain 50 BPS to account for a 29.2% revenue share by 2026. China is another primary market for manufacturers of heart health functional food products. Various governmental bodies across the region are devising and implementing new norms regarding consumption of heart health functional food products, especially food fortified with omega-3.
In India, the increasing prevalence of chronic and cardiovascular diseases is anticipated to propel market growth. The heart health functional food market in India is expected to gain 150 BPS to account for 17.7% market share in terms of value by 2026. Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia are other countries in APAC where the heart health functional food market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
Heart Health Functional Food Market Structure Analysis
- Market for heart health functional food in Asia Pacific is characterized by prominent presence of a large number of local and regional players.
- New market entrants are eyeing the opportunity in the expanding E-commerce penetration in Asian economies.
- Major players in the heart health functional food market are Nestlé S.A., The Kellogg Company, Marico Ltd., Raisio plc, Associated British Foods, Kalbe Farma Tbk, Bagrry’s India Ltd., PepsiCo, Inc., Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd., and ConAgra Foods, Inc., and many others.
Heart Health Functional Food Market Analysis 2019 - 2026
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights on the heart health functional food market offers APAC industry analysis for 2014 - 2018 & opportunity assessment for 2019 - 2026. The study offers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historical, as well as current growth parameters of the heart health functional food market, the growth prospects of the market are obtained with maximum precision.
Heart Health Functional Food Market: Segmentation
The APAC heart health functional food market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to readers.
Chapter 01 - Executive Summary
The executive summary of the heart health functional food market includes the market country analysis, proprietary wheel of fortune, demand-side and supply-side trends, opportunity assessment, and recommendations on the APAC heart health functional food market.
Chapter 02 – Market Introduction
Readers can find the detailed segmentation and definition of the heart health functional food market in this chapter, which will help them to understand basic information about the heart health functional food market. This section also highlights the inclusions and exclusions, which help readers understand the scope of the heart health functional food market report.
Chapter 03 – APAC Heart Health Functional Food: Overview
Readers can find the detailed segmentation and definition of the heart health functional food market in this chapter. The associated industry assessment of the heart health functional food market is also carried out such as market trends, market dynamics, and supply and value chain. Consumers’ perceptions on heart health functional food are explained in consumer survey analysis and social media sentiment analysis in this chapter.
Chapter 04 – APAC Heart Health Functional Food Market Analysis and Forecast 2014 - 2026
This chapter explains how the heart health functional food market is projected to grow across the globe in various segments. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into dairy products, breakfast cereals, edible oils, nutritional bars and others (eggs & wine). Growth of the market is driven by growing preferences for heart health drink mixes in the dairy products segment as well as natural ingredient-based specific functional foods. On the basis of distribution channels, the market is segmented into hypermarkets, supermarkets, departmental stores and grocer/retailers. On the basis of country, the market is segmented into India, China, Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia.
Chapter 05 – Competitive Assessment
In this chapter, readers can find detailed information about tier analysis and market concentration of key players in the heart health functional food market along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio. Readers can also find a comprehensive list of all leading stakeholders in the heart health functional food market, along with detailed information about each company, which includes the company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are Marico Ltd., Kellogg Company, Raisio plc, Nestlé S.A., Kalbe Farma Tbk, Associated British Foods, Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd., Bagrry’s India Ltd., PepsiCo, Inc. and ConAgra Foods, Inc., and many others.
Chapter 06 – Assumptions and Acronyms
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provide a base to the information and statistics included in the heart health functional food report.
Chapter 07 – Research Methodology
This chapter helps readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions, as well as important qualitative and quantitative information, about the heart health functional food market.
Sources and Primary Research Splits (%)
- C - Level Executives
- Marketing Directors
- Sales Heads
- Production Managers
- Distributors Heads
- Sales Executives
- Product Manufacturers
- Industry Experts
- End Users
- Current Market Dynamics and Challenges
- Market Characteristics
- Market Performance and Growth Quadrants
- Competition Structure and Market Structure
- Strategic Growth Initiatives
- Near-term and Long-term Market Growth Prospects
- Market Segment Splits and Authenticity
- Opinions on Market Projections and Validity Of Assumptions
- Industry Publications
- Industrial Week
- Industrial Product Review
- Industrial Magazine
- Industry Associations
- World Health Organization
- American Public Health Association
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Company Press Releases
- Annual Reports and Investor Presentations
- Research Papers
- Government Websites and Publications
- Trade Websites