This Asia Pacific Airbag market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Asia Pacific Airbag market.
Airbags are driver safety devices deployed in vehicles to provide cushioning and protection to passengers in the event of crashes/accidents. The bag is made of thin nylon fabric, and is folded into the dashboard, steering wheel, seat, roof or door. The crash sensor sends a message to inflate the bag in case of collision, while the inflation system helps in immediate inflation of air bag inside the passenger cabin.
The global market for airbags is expected to grow by a double-digit CAGR in the next six years. North America is leads the market followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Due to advancements in technology, U.S is one of the largest markets for air bags. European countries are on the verge of economic recovery and are expected to show decent market growth in coming years.
Key drivers for the global airbag industry are government regulations, increasing concern for passenger safety, development of roll over and side impact systems, increased sophistication of safety systems, and increasing adoption of safety systems across all the segments of passenger vehicles.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness high growth in the near future due to increasing domestic demand for automobiles. Growing concerns over safety and increasing incorporation of safety systems, particularly airbags, in the compact car segment are driving growth in the market.
Additionally, some of the key programs that rate vehicles based on their safety performance, such as the new car assessment program (NCAP) are also fuelling the growth of the airbag market in Asia Pacific. Affordability and technological advancement are other factors boosting the sales of airbags in Asia Pacific.
Airbags comprise of three crucial elements, i.e. bags, crash sensors and inflation systems. On the basis of location of airbags within the vehicle, the airbags market is segmented into frontal airbag, side airbag, centre airbag, knee airbag, and rear curtain airbag. The largest market share is occupied by the centre airbag followed by the side airbag.
Technology development, increasing consumer acceptance and lower prices are pushing airbag utilisation to almost 100% in Japan. China is the largest producer of airbags in mass quantities owing to high automotive production. Regional players often license technology or partner with large airbag suppliers in order to enhance their presence in the market. The major trends identified in the market include use of new fabric technology and decrease in cushion weight.
Automotive airbag companies such as Denso Corporation, Takata Corporation, and Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd. are the major players in the Asia Pacific region. Other big players in the Asia Pacific airbag market include Autoliv, Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Delphi Automotive PLC, Continental AG, Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd, and Key Safety Systems, Inc. This market is highly competitive in nature and competition between the airbag module manufacturing firms is increasing. The companies are also trying to gain an advantage in terms of cost through product development that is focused on reducing the cost by reducing material content, facilitating the ease of manufacture, and logistics management.
The interesting fact is that the use of air bag technology in two-wheelers can prove to be a challenge and yet, growth opportunity for market leaders. In a cost-sensitive market like APAC, automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEM) are expected to come up with economical airbags to capture the untapped market in APAC
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Asia Pacific Airbag Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Asia Pacific Airbag Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Asia Pacific Airbag Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Asia Pacific Airbag Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Asia Pacific Airbag Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Asia Pacific Airbag Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.