This Asia Pacific Waterproofing Chemicals market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Asia Pacific Waterproofing Chemicals market.
Waterproofing chemicals are a specific set of products that protect the structural integrity of buildings from water penetration. Excess water penetration in buildings can shorten theirlife span, thus leading to electrical, metal and health hazards. Waterproofing chemicals increase the shelf life of concretes and offer durability to infrastructures when applied to the exterior of a foundation system. These functions lower the maintenance cost of buildings. Rise in construction cost and raw material are the driving factors for the waterproofing industry.
Polyurethane, elastomeric coatings, expanded polyethylene, polysulphide sealants, and acrylic polymer are some of the important waterproofing chemicals. These chemicals are available in liquid, solid, and slurry form. Waterproofing chemicals are further segmented into sheet membranes and liquid applied systems. The enduse segments are residential, commercial, and industrial infrastructure development.
With the construction chemical market contributing 9% of global GDP, waterproofing chemical market is set to accelerate itsgrowth in emerging economies including China and India.
With easy availability of raw material and major projects lined up for boosting infrastructure investment, asia pacific is the most profitable market for waterproofing industries. With 26% market share China has overtaken USA in terms of volume. China along with India and other important asia pacific region contributes to half of the global waterproofing market. Asia pacific will see a massive rise in infrastructure owing to China’s main focus on infrastructure under its 12th Five Year Plan and the ‘Make in India’ concept driven by the Indian government. With construction companies flourishing in India due to the rise in skyscrapers and malls, the waterproofing chemical market will gain substantial momentum in the near future. Malaysia is the next potential market for waterproofing chemicalsin the asia pacific region. Malaysian government has allocated US$ 23 billion to boost its infrastructure. These potential market will give steady momentum to waterproofing chemicals.
Europe is the second largest market for waterproofing chemicals. It accounts for nearly one-fourth of the total market share by volume. Europe possesses monumental heritage buildings which need quality care. Also, being an industrialised region, Western Europe will be a profitable destination for waterproofing chemical industries.
North America is the third most profitable destination for chemical industries. This market stumbled after the 21st century economic crisis. Since then it has been witnessing a slow recovery in waterproofing industries. High rise skyscrapers and technological advancement will fuel the growth momentum of waterproofing industries in coming years in this region. Chemical industries and marine industries are the other major sectors which will escalate the demand for waterproofing chemicals.Analysing the profitable trend, this market is set to witness key mergers and acquisitions of small and medium-sized enterprises(SME) companies by big business enterprises.
Latin America is the third most profitable destination for waterproofing chemicals market. Being the next Olympic destination and a key member of BRICS, many new infrastructure investmentshave been lined up in Brazil. This will fuel growth inthe waterproofing chemical market. Though, Latin America will be a major destination for chemical industries in near future, CAGR growth will be moderate in comparison to the asia pacific and European markets.
BASF, SIKA AG, Forsoc, and Pidlite are the major players in waterproofing chemicals segment.
With major companies investing 3% of their sales revenue in R&D, this market is set to flourish in emerging economies. The demand for eco-friendly chemicals is further accelerating the waterborne coatings market. Rising population in China and India are the other key drivers for this industry. With low cost and less sophisticated technologies,liquid applied membranes in the waterproofing chemical segment will witness a massive rise among developing economies. Low awareness levels, lack of skilled labour, and inconsistent export policies in some of the major emerging economies will be the major causes of concern among chemical industries.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications. The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Asia Pacific Waterproofing Chemicals Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Asia Pacific Waterproofing Chemicals Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Asia Pacific Waterproofing Chemicals Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Asia Pacific Waterproofing Chemicals Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Asia Pacific Waterproofing Chemicals Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Asia Pacific Waterproofing Chemicals Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.