An Incisive, In-depth Analysis on the Asia Pacific Automotive Telematics Market
This study offers a comprehensive, 360 degree analysis on the Asia Pacific Automotive Telematics market, bringing to fore insights that can help stakeholders identify the opportunities as well as challenges. It tracks the global Asia Pacific Automotive Telematics market across key regions, and offers in-depth commentary and accurate quantitative insights. The study also includes incisive competitive landscape analysis, and provides key recommendations to market players on winning imperatives and successful strategies.
APAC Automotive Telematics Market - Key Research Findings
- Asia Pacific (APAC) automotive telematics market revenue is expected to reach ~US$ 13.6 Bn in 2019.
- The market for automotive telematics in APAC is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~9% during the forecast period (2019-2029).
- Application of automotive telematics in commercial vehicles is growing at a rapid pace, offering substantial impetus to the market growth.
- Rapid incorporation in passenger vehicles continues to account for relatively high sales of automotive telematics.
- Increasing installation of automotive telematics in commercial vehicles is likely to result in increased market share.
- Contribution from OEMs in the APAC automotive telematics market is likely to increase further by the end of 2029.
- At present, OEMs reign supreme in the overall market in APAC, but in countries such as South Korea where the OEM telematics service is not available, aftermarket of automotive telematics continues to garner significant traction.
- Embedded system or technology based telematics solutions account for higher demand as compared to tethered technology, in the view of low cost, faster-to-load, and easy-to-manage aspects.
- Installation of automotive telematics for safety and security services and infotainment in vehicles is expected to witness a noteworthy increment in APAC, as customers are increasingly demanding for better vehicle performance and in-car ambience.
- China is expected to be a prominent market, holding half of the volume and value share in APAC automotive telematics
Important Factors Shaping APAC Automotive Telematics Market
- Favorable Government Initiatives and Rising Technology Penetration
Owing to favourable government initiatives, telecom infrastructure has registered significant growth in APAC. For instance, the installation of telematics systems and satellite positioning in commercial vehicles has been made mandatory by the Chinese government. Moreover, increasing smartphone penetration is likely to create a strong base for telematics. The smartphone adoption rate in Australia was nearly 70-80% in 2017. By 2020, the usage of smartphone in South Korea, China, and Japan is estimated to be more than half. In addition, the rollout of new generation network is expected to further drive the growth of the APAC automotive telematics market.
- Major Focus on Compatible Telematics with Advanced Features
In the current scenario, the automotive telematics industry is moving towards big data connectivity for robust and reliable information storage. For instance, Japan is planning a single national automotive big data platform from 2020. According to this plan, all vehicle-related information will be integrated into a single platform, and random access will be restricted. Government of Japan plans to charge fees to the public for accessing the data platform. Furthermore, telematics manufacturers are focusing on making telematics compatible with multiple operating systems and software platforms. For example, mirror telematics unit – a rear-view mirror telematics unit equipped with LTE communication module – is the first application in the Japanese car electronics market to utilise cloud services. Such factors are most likely to positively affect the growth of the APAC automotive telematics market during the forecast period.
- Transforming Road and Telecom Infrastructure
Internet penetration has increased globally, along with the increased adoption of advanced wireless technology. Enhanced wireless technologies such as 3G, 4G, 5G and LTE are expected to be used widely in future. In most parts of the world, there is constant improvement in the road and carrier infrastructure in telecom. Major countries in APAC region such as India, Singapore, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and China are taking the initiative to transform their road and telecom infrastructure. The result is likely to result in the upsurge in demand for automotive telematics in the region.
APAC Automotive Telematics Market Structure Analysis
- The APAC automotive telematics market is a fragmented landscape when it comes to assessing the competition pattern.
- Despite the presence of a large number of manufacturers, there are various small and medium sized manufacturers in automotive telematics landscape. The latter hold a sizeable revenue share in automotive telematics market in the region.
- Some of the key market participants in the APAC automotive telematics market include Trimble Inc., Aplicom Oy, Visteon Corporation, Scorpion Automotive Ltd., Airbiquity Inc, Shenzhen Concox Information & Technology Co., Ltd., iTriangle Infotech Pvt Ltd., idem telematics GmbH, Minda Corporation Limited, ACTIA Group, Road Track, Microlise Limited, Lavinta Buana Sakti, Redtail Telematics Corporation, and BOX Telematics.
Automotive Telematics Market Analysis 2019-2029
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the automotive telematics market includes industry analysis for 2014-2018 & opportunity assessment for 2019-2029 for APAC region and delivers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historical and current growth parameters of the automotive telematics market, the growth prospects of the market are obtained with maximum precision.
Automotive Telematics Market: Segmentation
The APAC automotive telematics market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to the reader.
Chapter 01 – Executive Summary
The report initiates with the executive summary of the automotive telematics market, which includes a summary of key findings and statistics of the market. It also includes the demand- & supply-side trends of the automotive telematics market.
Chapter 02 – Market Introduction
Readers can find the definition and a detailed segmentation of the automotive telematics market in this chapter, which will help them understand basic information about the automotive telematics market. Along with this, comprehensive information pertaining to automotive telematics is provided in this section.
Chapter 03 – Global Automotive Telematics Market Analysis Scenario
This section highlights inclusions and exclusions, which help readers understand the scope of the automotive telematics market report. This chapter also explains the key macroeconomic factors that are expected to influence the growth of the global automotive telematics market over the forecast period. Along with the macroeconomic factors, this section also highlights the value chain, supply chain, forecast factors, and Porter’s five forces analysis for the automotive telematics market.
In-depth information about the market dynamics and their impact related to the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and trend analysis on the market have been provided in this section.
Chapter 04 – Global Automotive Telematics Market Analysis 2014–2018 and Forecast 2019–2029, by Region
Based on the region, the automotive telematics market is segmented into North America, Europe, APAC, and rest of the world. In this chapter, readers can find information about the key trends and developments in the automotive telematics market and market attractiveness analysis region wise.
Chapter 05 – APAC Automotive Telematics Market Analysis 2014–2018 and Forecast 2019–2029
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the APAC automotive telematics market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes China, Japan, South Korea, India, ASEAN and Oceania. Readers can also find the pricing analysis, regional trends, and market growth based on the application and countries in APAC.
Chapter 06 – ASEAN Automotive Telematics Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2019–2029
This chapter provides the growth scenario of the automotive telematics market in ASEAN countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and rest of ASEAN. Along with this, an assessment of the market across target segments has been provided.
Chapter 07 – Indonesia Automotive Telematics Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2019–2029
This chapter highlights the growth of the automotive telematics market in Indonesia. This section also help readers understand the key factors that are responsible for the growth of the automotive telematics market in Indonesia.
Chapter 08 – Malaysia Automotive Telematics Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2019–2029
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the automotive telematics market in Malaysia. Readers can also find the pricing analysis, regional trends, and market growth based on the application and countries in Malaysia.
Chapter 09 – Thailand Automotive Telematics Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2019–2029
This chapter highlights the growth of the automotive telematics market in Thailand. This section also help readers understand the key factors that are responsible for the growth of the automotive telematics market in Thailand.
Chapter 10 – Rest of ASEAN Automotive Telematics Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2019–2029
This chapter provides a detailed analysis of the growth of the automotive telematics market in rest of ASEAN. Readers can also find the pricing analysis, regional trends, and market growth based on the application and countries in rest of ASEAN.
Chapter 11 – Competition Landscape
In this chapter, readers can find detailed information about the tier analysis and market concentration of key players in the automotive telematics market, along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio. In this chapter, readers can find a comprehensive list of all the prominent stakeholders in the automotive telematics market, along with a detailed information about each company, which includes the company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are Visteon Corporation, Aplicom Oy, Trimble Inc., Airbiquity Inc., Scorpion Automotive Ltd., iTriangle Infotech Pvt Ltd., Shenzhen Concox Information & Technology Co., Ltd., Minda Corporation Limited, idem telematics GmbH, Road Track, ACTIA Group, Lavinta Buana Sakti, Microlise Limited, BOX Telematics, Redtail Telematics Corporation, and others.
Chapter 12 – Assumptions and Acronyms
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provides a base to the information and statistics included in the automotive telematics market report.
Chapter 13 – Research Methodology
This chapter help readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions as well as important qualitative and quantitative information about the automotive telematics market.
Sources and Primary Research Splits (%):-
- C - Level Executives
- Marketing Directors
- Product Managers
- Business Development Officers
- Production Managers
- Procurement Heads
- Sales Executives
- Raw Material Suppliers
- Industry Experts
- End Users
- Current Market Dynamics and Challenges
- Yesteryear Trends
- Market Characteristics
- Market performance and growth quadrants
- Competition structure and Market Structure
- Strategic Growth Initiatives
- Near-term and long-term market growth prospects
- Market Segment Splits and Authenticity
- Opinions on Market Projections and Validity of Assumptions
- Company Press Releases
- Annual Reports and Investor Presentations
- Research Papers
- Government Websites and Publications
- Trade Websites