This Base Paper market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Base Paper market.
Base Paper Market: Overview
Base paper is the direct food contact packaging material used for protecting food items from adverse impact of environment. Base paper is the primary wrapping paper used as single-use packaging for chocolates, sugar, and other products. However, the application of base paper is not limited up to food industries. The base paper is also useful for lamination, coating, and decoration. The Base paper provides barrier to the stored product from moisture and heat. The opaque laminating base paper has high surface smoothness and more opaque for quality printing. The demand for base paper is increasing consistently, as it gives good tear barrier when used with other substrates such as polyethylene, aluminium foil. These type of base paper are best suitable for flexible packaging application. Tough competition among the manufacturers of base paper is witnessed, as there is a huge demand for ecofriendly packaging. The base paper is easily degradable and emits negligible carbon contents. It is expected that the base paper market will grow exponentially along with the expansion of food packaging industries during forecast period.
Base Paper Market: Dynamics
The driving factor for base paper market is the increasing demand for ecofriendly and recyclable packaging material. Because of hazardous impact of non-degradable plastic use, many countries are switching for sustainable packaging solution. Base paper is chemical free paper which acts as a fueling factor for increasing the global market of base paper across the world. It has zero effect on human health and environment. The growth of base paper market is increasing exponentially because it can be used as décor paper. Depending up on the requirement, the decor paper is used as overlay paper, barrier paper, print paper, absorbent kraft paper. Also, the base paper market is growing on the backdrop of construction industries as the shuttering paper gives more wet resistance and good tensile strength. In pharmaceutical industries, the base paper (also called as medical paper or bactite paper) is used for packaging of medical or surgical disposables. As it gives maximum protection against bacterial growth, it is expected that the base paper market will increase with the expansion of pharmaceutical industries. Lucrative opportunities are witnessed for laminating base paper across the world as it provides high barrier to the product from moisture and air.
Base Paper Market: Regional Outlook
The base paper market is growing on the backdrop of paper and pulp industries. It is witness that the top key payers of paper and pulp industries are present in North America and Europe. The consumption of base paper in the U.S. is more because of increasing ready to eat food segment and confectionery food packaging. Mexico is the emerging market hence significant growth is expected for base paper market. Europe is a mature market hence sluggish growth is witnessed. With the development of pharmaceutical industries in APAC region, the demand for base paper is increasing in China and India. However China is the top exporter of base papers. The production of laminated base paper is also increasing in MEA region where as the regional consumption is low. Hence, the key players are exporting base paper to European market.
Base Paper Market: Key Players
- Twin Rivers Paper Company
- KRPA Holding CZ, A.S.
- International Paper
- Graphic packaging
- Stora Enso Oyj
- Pudumjee Paper Products
The base paper market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Base Paper Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Base Paper Market: Segmentation
The base paper market is classified on the basis of raw material, product form, and grade as follows
On the basis of Product Form,
- Rack mount
On the basis of Grades,
- Up to 40 GSM
- 40 to 70 GSM
- Above 70 GSM
On the basis of End Use,
- Food industries
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Base Paper Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Base Paper Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Base Paper Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Base Paper Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)