This Biofoam Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Biofoam Packaging market.
Biofoam Packaging Market: An Overview
Biofoam, the world’s first bio based foam is both environmentally friendly and carbon neutral. Biofoam is physically similar and has more or less the same characteristics as airpop, but comes from 100% renewable resources such as vegetable oils & fats and maize starch. Which in turn does not contribute CO2 to the atmosphere when composted or biodegraded. The biofoam packaging also got the health certificate stating that it is free of CMR substances (Carcinogenic, Mutagenic, or Toxic for reproduction). While biodegradable and industrially recyclable at high temperatures, biofoam packaging is appropriate for long-term use in almost all technical and packaging uses. Foam is used to pack various fragile products including glass, china clay products and many others that needed to safely reach from retailer to customer. Foams like polyethylene, polystyrene, and polypropylene are non-biodegradable and derived from fossil fuels have an adverse effect on the environment both in their production and in their disposal approaches. Biofoam packaging could be the better alternative to replace these petroleum based foam packaging and help save environment. Recently BASF SE has developed new innovative foams with high bio based content and are certified industrially compostable.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Biofoam Packaging Market: Dynamics
Corn starch is the highly used material to produce biofoam and is expected to dominate the global biofoam packaging market in terms of material. Foams derived from gasoline are mostly bulky and frothy, causing complications in waste collection, and transport for reprocessing. Biofoam packaging is the clearest substitute to polystyrene, petroleum based product used widely for packing different fragile items, from fridges to light bulbs and breakables such as tableware. At this stage, biofoam packaging is costlier than conventional foams at some extent. The CSEF scientists, based at Brunel University are developing a new constant process for economical biofoam production. Rapidly growing e-commerce industry globally will propel the biofoam packaging market. Packing of white goods products and furniture are anticipated be the largest application segments in the biofoam packaging market. Besides this, healthcare industry is one the major user of foams for packing various delicate products like syringes, ampules, vials, medical instruments and many others. Manufacturers of biofoam packaging can have lucrative opportunity to grab this largely untapped market. Overall the market for biofoam packaging is projected to grow in a positive manner over the forecast period.
Biofoam Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of regions, the global biofoam packaging market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Oceania. Established markets of Europe and North America become the early adaptor for biofoam packaging and are expected to dominate market. Asia Pacific region is projected to be the largest and the fastest growing region in the biofoam packaging market due to rapidly growing e-commerce and packaging industry. Besides this increasing demand of more sustainable and recyclable packaging options in Latin America and Oceania regions anticipated to rise biofoam packaging market it the region. Besides this, the future growth of the biofoam packaging market seems to be good in MEA region also.
- Synbra Technology bv
- Eco-Global Manufacturing
- Hwa Ching Industry
- Recticel SA
- Woodbridge Foam
- BASF SE
- Sealed Air Corporation
- KTM Industries, Inc.
Besides this many new and unrecognized players are likely to contribute to the biofoam packaging market in the upcoming years.
Regional Analysis Includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Biofoam Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Biofoam Packaging Market: Segmentation
On the basis of material, the global biofoam packaging market can be segmented into:
- Vegetable Oil & Fat
- Corn Starch
- Others (Wood, etc.)
On the basis of product, the global biofoam packaging market can be segmented into:
On the basis of application, the global biofoam packaging market can be segmented into:On the basis of application, the global biofoam packaging market can be segmented into:
- White Goods Products
- Food & Beverage boxes
- Healthcare Instruments
- Automotive Parts
- Other delicate items
- A detailed overview of the parent market.
- Changing biofoam packaging market dynamics in the industry.
- In-depth biofoam packaging market segmentation.
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value.
- Recent industry trends and developments in the biofoam packaging market.
- Competitive landscape and strategies for key players and products offered.
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth.
- A neutral perspective on market performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Biofoam Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Biofoam Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Biofoam Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Biofoam Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)