This Botanical Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Botanical Packaging market.
Botanical Packaging Market: Overview
In the past few years, organic packaging, such as botanical packaging, has gained popularity in the packaging industry. Botanical packaging helps reduce the carbon footprint and takes up to 36% less energy to make as compared to conventional plastic packages. These benefits make botanical packaging suitable for those brand owners who desire the positive environmental positioning of their products. The material used in botanical packaging is corn-starch, sugarcane or other agricultural waste. Moreover, botanical packaging finds applications in various end-use industries such as food & beverages, cosmetics, healthcare, etc.
Changes in consumer preference towards organic packaging solutions is driving the demand for botanical packaging
Changes in consumer preference towards eco-friendly packaging solutions is driving the global demand for botanical packaging. Conventional packaging generates waste and cannot be recycled easily, which is boosting the popularity of botanical packaging. Moreover, the high demand generated from various end-use industries, such as cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and food & beverages, is further increasing the demand for botanical packaging. The increasing usage of perfumes, essential oils and other personal care products is escalating the need for botanical packaging. Rising awareness about the biodegradability and sustainability of products is also expected to drive the global botanical packaging market. Key manufacturers are using botanical packaging to gain the attention of consumers by making their products more environmental friendly.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
As botanical packaging offers a higher profit margin, the preference for botanical packaging is higher among consumers as compared to conventional packaging, which is driving the market. Moreover, the favourable government regulatory inclinations towards plant-based products is increasing the demand for botanical packaging. For instance, the enactment of the Horizon 2020 strategy by the European government has resulted in a positive impact on the growth of the botanical packaging market. However, as compared to plastic packaging, the prices of products packed in botanical packaging are slightly higher.
Botanical Packaging Market: Key Players
- Farmacy, Inc.
- Bahen & Co.
- Dieline Media, LLC
- NEST Fragrances, LLC
- DBD international
- Purdey Company
- Vegware Inc.
Several unrecognised and local players are expected to contribute to the growth of the global botanical packaging market during the forecast period.
Owing to stringent regulations regarding plastic, Europe is estimated to register high sales in the botanical packaging market
Geographically, the botanical packaging market can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa (MEA). Europe has strict regulations pertaining to the usage of plastics, and the rising consumer awareness about the importance of biodegradability is expected to boost the botanical packaging market in the region. Furthermore, the UK and France are also expected to adopt this trend. The strong production capacities of botanical packaging, especially in emerging economies such as China and India, are expected to propel the botanical packaging market during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Botanical Packaging Market
- In 2017, SWM acquired Conwed Plastics and DelStar Technologies in 2013, thereby expanding its product portfolio. The company also created its in-house LeafLAB, focused on botanical materials for beverages, packaging and cosmetic applications
- Dieline Media, LLC introduced new designs in botanical packaging, which are inspired by the French influences that were historical in Mexico under President Porfirio Diaz
- SWM introduced botanical material to produce fibre in ready-to-use formats for specialty papers. It also introduced cocoa paper & tea paper packaging under the food and beverages segments.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global botanical packaging market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with botanical packaging market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on botanical packaging market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Botanical Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Botanical Packaging Market: Segmentation
By packaging type, the botanical packaging market can be segmented as follows:
- Bottles & Jars
- Pouches & Sachets
- Others (Cans, Tins, etc.)
By end use, the botanical packaging market can be segmented as follows:
- Personal care
- Food & Beverages
Botanical Packaging Market: Report Highlights
- A detailed overview of parent market of botanical packaging.
- Changing market dynamics in the industry.
- In-depth segmentation of botanical packaging market.
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Botanical Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Botanical Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Botanical Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Botanical Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)