This Breast Biopsy Device market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Breast Biopsy Device market.
Biopsy is a medical procedure of the removal of a sample from a tissue for diagnosis and examination of diseases. Needle and surgical biopsy are the main types of biopsies. Breast biopsy is the surgical or minimally invasive procedure of removal of cells from an abnormal part in the breast for examination and diagnosis. Breast biopsies are done to check whether a lump in the breast detected in a physical examination, mammography or other imaging studies is cancerous and if yes, whether it is benign or malignant. The patient is positioned lying face up on the examination table or turned slightly to the side and is given a local anesthetic into the breast to numb it. Pressing the transducer to the breast, the sonographer or radiologist locates the lesion. A very small nick is made in the skin at the site where the biopsy needle is to be inserted. The radiologist, monitoring the lesion site with the ultrasound probe, inserts the needle and advances it directly into the mass.
Breast Biopsy Device Market: Drivers & Restraints
Global breast biopsy device market is witnessing high growth due to increasing prevalence of breast cancer. Breast biopsy is minimally invasive, leaves little or no scarring and can be performed in less than an hour. It is an efficient method to diagnose the presence of calcium deposits or masses that are not visible in imaging methods.Owing to lesser recovery time, people are opting for breast biopsy even in slightest probability of a suspicious mass, microcalcifications, distortion in the structure of the breast tissue, an area of abnormal tissue change or in the presence of a new mass or area of calcium deposits. As a result, the global breast biopsy device market is expected to register healthy CAGR during the forecast period. Risks such as bleeding during the procedure, discomfort and infection could hamper market growth through 2026.
Breast Biopsy Device Market: Overview
Biopsy is majorly done for the diagnosis of various types of cancer. Growing prevalence of various forms of cancer and infectious diseases are expected to drive the global biopsy device market which is anticipated to have a positive effect on global breast biopsy device market. Needle biopsy, particularly core needle biopsy is the most commonly conducted procedure type in breast biopsy and is expected to remain the dominant sub-segment among others. Breast biopsies are usually done on an outpatient basis. The ambulatory surgical centres segment is projected to register fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Breast Biopsy Device Market: Region wise Overview
Geographically, global breast biopsy device market is classified into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, Middle East and Africa (MEA).North America is anticipated to lead the global breast biopsy device market due to relatively greater prevalence of breast cancer in the region. Global breast biopsy device market is largely concentrated in North America and Europe, which is estimated to account for more than 50% of the market share. Owing to a large patient population pool in China and India, breast biopsy device market is projected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period.
Breast Biopsy Device Market: Key Players
Key players in global breast biopsy device market are Leica Biosystems, C.R. Bard Inc., NuVue Therapeutics, Argon Medical Devices, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company to name a few.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, accessories and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa and Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Breast Biopsy Device Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Breast Biopsy Device Market: Segmentation
The global breast biopsy device market is classified on the basis of procedure type, end use and region.
Based on procedure type, the global breast biopsy device market is segmented into the following:
- Needle Biopsy
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy
- Core needle biopsy
- Vacuum-assisted breast biopsy
- Surgical Biopsy
- Incisional biopsy
- Excisional biopsy
Based on end use, the global breast biopsy device market is segmented into the following:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Breast Biopsy Device Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Breast Biopsy Device Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Breast Biopsy Device Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Breast Biopsy Device Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)