This Brominated Vegetable Oil market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Brominated Vegetable Oil market.
Bromine is a naturally occurring element which is commonly found in sea water and bromide salt. Brominated vegetable oil is a composite combination of plant-derived triglycerides formed when reacted to contain atoms of the component bromine attached to the molecule. The brominated vegetable oil is primarily used for emulsifying citrus flavored soft drinks by preventing from splitting during distribution. The ingredient is mainly used in the soft drink industry.
The major players such as The Coca-Cola Company and PepsiCo use brominated vegetable oil in the aerated drinks. Brominated vegetable oil is used in most of the countries across the globe. However, these are banned in few of the countries such as European countries, India, and Japan, amongst others. Under the public pressure, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo agreed to remove the brominated vegetable oil from all the beverages manufactured by the companies.
The citrus flavors used in the drinks are orange, lemon, lime, and grapefruit which are oily. When these flavors are added in a beverage, they do not mix evenly in the drink and remain at the top of the drink. These are not dispersed properly. The brominated vegetable oil acts as an emulsifier, which helps the citrus flavor to mix well in the soft drink. The beverages which contain brominated vegetable oil are hazy in appearance.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Brominated Vegetable Oil Market: Drivers and Restraints
U.S. FDA has limited the usage of brominated vegetable oil limit at 15 pmm in finished beverages. However, most of the countries in Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia have banned the usage in beverages. In U.S the element is used in most of the beverages. The oil is found in almost 10% of the soda products available in the country and majorly in the beverages with citrus flavor. The global brominated vegetable oil market is anticipated to grow at a single-digit growth rate.
However, an excessive consumption of brominated vegetable oil is not safe to be used as food additive. The excessive usage of brominated vegetable oil has led to memory loss, tremors, fatigue, loss of muscles coordination, ptosis of right eyelid, and headaches. The chemical companies are using the patented compound as the flame retardant, and this has led to banning in usage in food in Europe and Japan.
Global Brominated Vegetable Oil Market: Segmentation Overview
The global brominated vegetable oil market is segmented majorly into two segments namely, by application and by source. By application, the segment is further sub-segmented into beverages, bakery products, flame retardant, and pesticides. The brominated vegetable oil is used as flame retardant in upholstered furniture, plastics, and clothing for children.
Global Brominated Vegetable Oil Market: Regional Outlook
The global Brominated Vegetable Oil market is segmented by regions into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (MEA), Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), and Japan. North America is the largest market for brominated vegetable oil, and the region is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. In Western Europe, Germany is expected to account for the largest share.
Global Brominated Vegetable Oil Market: Prominent vendors
Few of the prominent players in the global Brominated Vegetable Oil market are Parchem fine & specialty chemicals., Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp., Penta Manufacturing Company and among others. Few of the strategies adopted by the key players in the market are partnership and collaboration with other operators, expansion into the untapped market, and joint ventures with the organizations in emerging countries to gain the strong foothold in the market.
To ensure product differentiation and to acquire a considerable share of the market, major vendors are adopting creative strategies and are constantly developing innovative products.
Regional analysis for Brominated Vegetable Oil Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of the Western Europe
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of the Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Rest of APEJ
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Brominated Vegetable Oil Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Brominated Vegetable Oil Market: Segmentation
The global Brominated Vegetable Oil market is segmented by source:
The global Brominated Vegetable Oil market is segmented by application into:
- Sports Drinks
- Bakery Products
- Flame retardant
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Brominated Vegetable Oil Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Brominated Vegetable Oil Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Brominated Vegetable Oil Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Brominated Vegetable Oil Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)