This Cellulose Gel market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cellulose Gel market.
Cellulose Gel Market Outlook:
The food ingredient which is made of small, pure cellulose particle, with plentiful organic compounds is known as Cellulose gel, also called microcrystalline cellulose or MCC. Cellulose is present in all plants cell walls and is usually the main origin of insoluble fruit and vegetable fibre.
Cellulose gel is used in nutritious beverages, where it simultaneously stops nutrients as well as other components from sticking to one another and settling down, and avoids protein and water separation. Cellulose gel decreases the loss of moisture in cooking and preserves the integrity of the food during cooking. Baked goods are also kept moist and fresh for longer periods.
Cellulose gel delivers stability and texture advantages in pharmaceuticals and personal care products such as shampoo, masks etc. While maintaining a pleasant and creamy experience, cellulose gel can be used in wide range of food & beverage applications such as plant based recipes, to add fibre and decrease calorie count. Medical studies on the use of cellulose gel suggested positive benefits for gastrointestinal and cardiovascular safety.
Increasing Demand for Cellulose Gel is Gaining Traction in Dairy Applications:
Cellulose gel finds use in food products as an ingredient in dairy products like cheese and butter. Cellulose gel gives ice creams and frozen desserts a good mouth feel. The use of cellulose gels also stops crystal formation and functions as a stabilizing agent in ice creams. It has excellent stability to freeze-thaw and therefore finds numerous applications in variety of frozen products. It finds application in cheese & butter to obtain better spreadability.
Cellulose gel imparts good texture and creaminess to the dairy product due to its high water binding potential and emulsion stabilisation property, preventing fat separation. It tends to reduce fat content, and provides dietary fibre enrichment by reducing calories. It promotes creaminess and a great mouth feel in yogurts.
The biggest benefit of cellulose gel in dairy products is a longer shelf-life due to surface moisture reduction. Increasing use of cellulose gel in food industry is contributing to the growth of the global market for cellulose gel in the coming years.
Global Cellulose Gel: Key Players
Some the key players operating their business in the global cellulose gel market
- DFE Pharma GmbH & Co.KG
- JRS Pharma GmbH & Co.KG
- Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation
- Avantor Performance Materials Inc
- Rayonier Advanced Materials
- Accent Microcell Pvt. Ltd.
- Sigachi Industrial Pvt. Ltd.
In 2017, DowDuPont (US) acquired FMC Corporation's (US) Health & Nutrition business segment. The acquisition has helped the firm extend its pharmaceutical excipient space capabilities. The acquisition also helped the firm in terms of acquiring new cellulose gel ingredients.
Opportunities for Cellulose Gel Market:
Aiding to health benefits, cellulose gel demand is expected to rise over the forecast period at significant rate. Compared to so many other food products, the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has recognized cellulose gel to be accepted as safe. In fact, most industry experts have shown, written, and accepted that they are harmless & safe to use in foods.
Cellulose gel is used in medical solutions, sprays of nasal, creams and emulsions. Cellulose gel is very effective in cosmetic products such as pastes, lotion and creams because of the versatility in thixotropic properties and gel strengths. The cellulose gel is also used in formulations for oral treatment, such as toothpaste and dentifrice.
This has created great opportunities to the domestic as well as international players to launch new products in the market to strengthen their consumer base. Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing market as China and Japan are manufacturing hubs for cellulose gel.
Brief Approach to Research Cellulose Gel Market:
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the source and applications of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period.
The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cellulose Gel Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Cellulose Gel: Market Segmentation
On the basis of source, global cellulose gel market can be segmented as:-
- Wood Cellulose
- Cottonseeds Cellulose
On the basis of application, global cellulose gel market can be segmented as:-
- Food & Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
On the basis of region, the global cellulose gel market has been segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Key Data Points Covered in the Report -
- An overview of the cellulose gel market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the cellulose gel market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the cellulose gel market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major participants in cellulose gel market
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the cellulose gel market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Cellulose Gel Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Cellulose Gel Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Cellulose Gel Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Cellulose Gel Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)