This Nanocrystalline Cellulose market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Nanocrystalline Cellulose market.
Nanocrystalline cellulose Market: Introduction
Nanocrystalline cellulose is classified as a key evolving renewable nanomaterial that is likely to create huge influence on numerous end-user industries. Nanocrystalline cellulose is extracted from natural wood biomass and further treated into different forms such as liquid & solids. Out of these forms of nanocrystalline cellulose the former one is getting consumed in very large scale. The major raw material used in the synthesis of nanocrystalline cellulose includes both softwood pulp and hardwood pulp of wood biomass. Acid hydrolysis process is primarily used for the fabrication of nanocrystalline cellulose & this production process is turning over as the most adopted one in the commercial marketplace. Acid hydrolysis is generally used for the removal of amorphous parts the nanocrsytalline cellulose structure and convert it to short rod like fibrils which offers high crystallinity. The class of acid used in the acid hydrolysis process will determine the properties of the final nanocrystalline cellulose product. Sulphuric acid is generally used in the acid hydrolysis process. However, esterification & acetylation are some of the other alternative process used in the synthesis of nanocrystalline cellulose.
Nanocrystalline cellulose products are able to attain the crystallanity of almost 90 % and more. Nanocrystalline cellulose exhibits numerous exceptional properties such as high aspect ratio, high level of water uptake & uphold, complex fiber networks and biodegradability among others. Moreover, nanocrystalline cellulose possess high level of reinforcement potential and also exhibits better mechanical strength Kevlar & Aramid.
Nanocrystalline cellulose Market: Market Dynamics
Properties such as better mechanical strength, better film formation, controlled release and strong fiber networks among others turning over nanocrystalline cellulose as a choice of material in numerous application such as paint & coatings, packaging, paper processing, drilling fluids to name a few. Growing landscape of these application is opening up new horizons for nanocrystalline cellulose in the global market place. Rising demand for packaged food across the globe is expected to generate demand potential for nanocrystalline cellulose based products. Nanocrystalline cellulose use in synthesis of composites are used in the production of automobile accessories such as headliners, headlamps and cushions. With better fiber bond forces & high degree of reinforcement, nanocrystalline fiber is gaining adoption and marking its footsteps in paper processing industry. Nanocrystalline cellulose can also be used as a thickener and stabilizers in personal care and pharmaceutical industry. However, in the commercial market place the availability of substitutes such as cellulose ether & monocrystalline cellulose may dent the adoption of nanocrystalline cellulose up to some extent.
Nanocrystalline cellulose Market: Region Wise Trends
North America & Western Europe are turning over as the dominating region creating substantial demand space for nanocrystalline based products. Increasing demand for lightweight composites in the automotive industry is expected to increase the consumption of nanocrystalline cellulose in North America & Western Europe. China & South East Asia are the fastest growing regions for the consumption nanocrystalline cellulose based products. Growing personal care, pharmaceutical, food & beverage and paper processing industries in the region is the key factor creating potential opportunities for nanocrystalline cellulose consumption. In Middle East & Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America, nanocrystalline cellulose is used in the formulation of drilling mud and has been excessively adopted in oil & gas upstream operations. Nanocrystalline cellulose is used as a rheology modifier & viscosifier in drilling muds. Increase in automotive production in Japan is expected to create new growth possibilities for nanocrystalline cellulose manufacturers.
Examples of some of the market participants in the Global Nanocrystalline cellulose Market identified across the value chain include:
- Cellulose lab
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd.
- Sappi Ltd.
- Kruger Inc.
- Stora Enso
- American process Inc
- Innventia AB
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Nanocrystalline cellulose Market Segments
- Nanocrystalline cellulose Market Dynamics
- Nanocrystalline cellulose Market Size
- Nanocrystalline cellulose Market Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Nanocrystalline cellulose Market
- Competition & Companies involved in Nanocrystalline cellulose Market
- Technology related to Nanocrystalline cellulose Market
- Value Chain associated to Nanocrystalline cellulose Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- SEAP ( India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with Nanocrystalline cellulose market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on Nanocrystalline cellulose market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Nanocrystalline Cellulose Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Nanocrystalline cellulose Market: Segmentation
On the basis of Source, the Nanocrystalline cellulose Market can be segmented as:
- Softwood Pulp
- Hardwood Pulp
On the basis of Grade, the Nanocrystalline cellulose Market can be segmented as:
- Industrial Grade Nanocrystalline Cellulose
- Pharmaceutical/Food Grade Nanocrystalline Cellulose
On the basis of Form, the Nanocrystalline cellulose Market can be segmented as:
- Powder Nanocrystalline Cellulose
- Liquid Nanocrystalline Cellulose
On the basis of Application, the Nanocrystalline cellulose Market can be segmented as:
- Paper Processing
- Rheology Modifier
- Drilling Fluid
- Personal Care
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Nanocrystalline cellulose market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Nanocrystalline cellulose market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value of Nanocrystalline cellulose
- Recent industry trends and developments in Nanocrystalline cellulose market
- Competitive landscape of Nanocrystalline cellulose Market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in Nanocrystalline cellulose
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Nanocrystalline cellulose market performance
- Must-have information for Nanocrystalline cellulose market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Nanocrystalline Cellulose Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Nanocrystalline Cellulose Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Nanocrystalline Cellulose Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Nanocrystalline Cellulose Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.