This Conductive Textile market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Conductive Textile market.
Textile materials are predominantly insulators and do not allow the flow of electricity. The electrical load generated is accumulated on the surface of the polymer. In order to prevent accumulation and enhance the possibility of electrical load transfer, textile materials are turned into electrical conductors. A conductive textile is a fabric made from metal strands woven, coated or blended during the construction of the textile. Some of the conductive metals used in these textile include gold, silver, carbon, titanium and nickel. The base fabric materials include cotton, nylon, polyester and wool. Conductive textiles can conduct electricity and hence, are used in several end use industries. The main function of a conductive textile is to control static electricity and shield electromagnetic interference.
The method of producing conductive yarn depends on the application and several other factors, such as voltage, ductility, strength and durability. The three common methods include adding carbon or metals in different forms, i.e. wires, fibres or particles using inherently conductive materials and coating with the conductive substances. In clothing, flexibility and comfort is of greater importance. Some of the product examples include metal mesh, aerospace textiles and taser vests.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Conductive textiles have several advantages, such as consistent conductive performance, consistent electromagnetic reflection properties and outstanding stretching and flexibility capabilities. These, along with the growing awareness of these textiles are major drivers for the conductive textiles market. The global conductive textile market is projected to grow at a high growth rate amidst growing demand from military & defence sectors. Growth in the smart fabrics market is another factor driving the demand for conducting textiles.
The use of environment friendly graphene-based inks could create new possibilities for flexible and wearable electronics. It would help by avoiding expensive and toxic processing steps and open a completely new set of applications in healthcare, wellbeing and internet of things. Graphene has excellent physical properties useful for electronics, sensing and energy storage. Its environmental compatibility, along with strong adhesion to cotton makes it ideal for wearable applications. This could also help to increase its use in fitness and sports. High cost of the finished product is seen as a major restraint for the conductive textile market. Consumers prefer cheap and good quality products, since high cost makes products unaffordable for middle class families. Providing a good product at reasonable prices could be a major challenge for conductive textile manufacturers. Maintenance of these textile is difficult and could be another foreseeable challenge for this market.
Conductive Textile Market: Segmentation
Conductive Textile Market: Region-Wise Outlook
As of 2016, owing to rapid industrialisation and aggressive expansion of the manufacturing sector, APEJ is expected to be a relatively fast growing region in the global conductive textile market. There is a high demand for conductive textiles from countries, such as China, Japan, India and South Korea. Europe is anticipated to dominate the conductive textile market during the forecast period. This high growth can be attributed to technological advancements in wearable technologies, coupled with huge R&D expenditure and continuous innovations in this market. North America is the other prominent market in terms of rising demand for conductive textile. Middle East, Latin America and Africa are expected expand with a relatively low CAGR over the forecast period.
Conductive Textile Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Conductive Textile Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of fabric type, the global conductive textile market can be segmented into:
On the basis of type, the global conductive textile market can be segmented into:
- Woven conductive textile
- Non-woven conductive textile
- Knitted conductive textile
On the basis of end use industries, the global conductive textile market can be segmented into:
- Military & defence
- Sports & fitness
- Consumer electronics
- Others (aerospace, architecture, automotive)
Examples of some of the market participants in the global conductive textile market identified across the value chain include:
- Emei Group
- V Technical Textiles Inc.
- Temas Engineering
- Metal textiles
- KGS Diamond
- New Cut
- Wujiang City Yuzhen Textile Co. Ltd.
- Holland Shielding Systems
- Swift Textile Metalizing
- Parker Chomerics
- Toray Industries
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Siz
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Conductive Textile Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Conductive Textile Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Conductive Textile Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Conductive Textile Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.