This Corn Sweeteners market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Corn Sweeteners market.
Corn Sweeteners Market Outlook:
Corn sweeteners are made from corn starch and, depending on grade, contain varying quantities of maltose and higher oligosaccharides. Corn syrup which is also known as glucose syrup is the most widely used corn sweetener. Corn syrup is different from high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS), which is formed by transforming a substantial portion of glucose into fructose, resulting in a sweeter product.
Corn-based sweeteners are an indispensable ingredient in the toolkit of any formulator to enhance the appearance, texture, aroma and performance of foods and beverages. Corn sweeteners have more stability, especially in acidic beverages, and are available in liquid form, making it easier to handle, transport, and mix than powdered sucrose. Because fructose is sweeter than glucose, the whole sweetness of the corn sweetener has increased, leading to more cost-effective use in food manufacturing than sugar.
Also, corn sweeteners are easy to transport, hence, is used in soft drink formulations. Domestic sugar production quotas, international sugar import tariffs and U.S. corn subsidies are some of the factors that are responsible for rising demand for corn sweeteners. In addition, the increase in the price of sucrose compared with corn sweetener also leads to the high use of corn sweetener.
Rising Demand for Economic Sweeteners are Gaining Traction in the Food and Beverage Industry:
Increasing preference in food preparation for alternative and economic sweeteners is a major factor likely to propel growth on the global corn sweeteners market. Another key factor going to propel target market growth over the next few years is growing demand for corn sweeteners in food manufacturers as it provides advantages over sucrose such as ease of handling and good stability.
In addition, the pharmaceutical industry's market growth for corn sweetener is projected to support growth in the coming years. Government policies have made corn cheap and a cost-effective corn sweeteners has resulted. In the United States, the trend of use of corn sweetener is correlated with soft drink use.
Consumption of corn sweeteners is high in the U.S. accounts mostly for beverage consumption. In addition, US agricultural policies have raised sugar prices and lowered corn prices which led to rise in the corn sweeteners market. Changing people's lifestyles and rising health issues, however, as more people are susceptible to diabetes will impede growth in the industry. Corn sweeteners are thoroughly compatible with other carbohydrate sweeteners and with food flavours. They are widely used in blends with other sweeteners.
The sweet taste of corn sweeteners, especially fructose containing syrups and crystalline fructose, is perceived more quickly than sucrose. The glossy appearance and syrup drainage control on fruits canned with cover syrups containing a corn sweetener is particularly pleasing to the customers.
The cost-effective benefits of the corn sweeteners when used as a sugar substitute compared to traditional sugar are expected to boost market growth. It is also anticipated that easy logistics and product handling due to its durability, which makes it a convenient choice for different food manufacturers, would increase market growth.
Global Corn Sweetenerss: Key Players
Some the key players operating their business in the global corn sweeteners market
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Tate & Lyle
- Ingredion Incorporated
In 2019, Archer Daniels Midland Company acquires Neovia at €1.544 billion, which is a global leader in solution and value added products. It will help the company to be a global leader in animal nutrition and will also provide strong platform for future growth.
Opportunities for Corn Sweeteners market:
Increasing industrialization of the U.S. food system and greater understanding of ingredient functionality helped create new products and new market. Food industry recognition that liquid sweeteners (syrups) offer ease convenient handling and facilitate blending to meet functional specifications increased the vogue of corn sweeteners and steadily expanded their business.
The development of commercial process for the enzyme-catalyzed isomerization of dextrose to the sweeter sugar, fructose. Subsequently development of separation process for enriching the fructose content not only allowed production of syrups with higher fructose content than could be produced by enzymatic action alone, but ultimately allowed the manufacture of pure crystalline fructose from starch.
The isomerization technological upgrade has allowed the manufacturers to produce high quality corn sweeteners and also the corn refineries has also enabled the industry to branch into market traditionally served by chemical manufacturers and firm specializing in food additives. The manufacturers have great opportunity to add flavours to enhance their product portfolio and also to increase their production facility. The consumer-oriented technological development of new corn-based sweeteners continues to direct the industry growth as well as its potential for service to its customers.
Brief Approach to Research Corn Sweeteners Market:
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Corn Sweeteners Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Corn Sweetenerss: Market Segmentation
On the basis of form, global corn sweetener market can be segmented as:-
On the basis of product type, global corn sweeteners market can be segmented as:-
- Corn Syrups
- Dried Corn Syrups
- Dextrose Monohydrate
- Dextrose Anhydrous
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
On the basis of Application, global corn sweeteners market can be segmented as:-
- Dairy products
- Frozen Desserts
- Bakery Products
On the basis of region, the Global Corn Sweeteners market has been segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- An overview of the Corn Sweeteners market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Corn Sweeteners market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Corn Sweeteners market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major participants in Corn Sweeteners market
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the Corn Sweeteners market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Corn Sweeteners Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Corn Sweeteners Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Corn Sweeteners Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Corn Sweeteners Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)