Desktop as a Service Market - Key Research Findings
- The global desktop as a service (DaaS) market was valued at ~US$ 3 Bn in 2018.
- The desktop as a service market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~18% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Increasing number of smart devices, along with the growing trend of IT centralization are key factors that are boosting the growth of the desktop as a service market. Moreover, increasing adoption of cloud-based solutions and services in various emerging countries such as China, India, and Indonesia is propelling the growth of the desktop as a service market.
- North America is a prominent region in terms of value in the desktop as a service market. It is expected to account for a market share of ~37% in 2019. However, APEJ (Asia-Pacific excluding Japan) is expected to witness high growth rate and expand at a CAGR of ~23% during 2019-2029.
- Countries in Asia Pacific Excluding Japan such as India, China, and ASEAN are expected to create potential growth opportunities for the desktop as a service market, owing to the strong economic growth of these countries, increasing investments for IT infrastructure, and rising digitalization.
- Adoption of desktop as a service is mostly done by small- and medium-sized organizations through evolution of their service partners who deliver hosting and managed desktop services. According to FMI Analysis, most of the desktop as a service providers are focusing on partnerships with hyper-scale vendors to leverage platform agility and offer customers with wide range of choices.
- In May 2019, Citrix Systems entered into the partnership with Blue Jeans Network, Inc., in order to provide the Citrix ready validated solution, BlueJeans Meetings for users of Citrix’s desktop as a service solution - Workspace.
Key Factors Shaping Desktop as a service Market
Rising Digitalization and Continuous Growth in IT Infrastructure
Businesses and organizations find themselves in an increasingly complex network. As the tides of data continue to rise, businesses are focusing on adopting DaaS solutions in order to transform their businesses through virtualization and automation. DaaS solutions also help businesses in optimizing the cost and scale of experiences that they want to create.
Moreover, enterprises are moving beyond being desktop-centric to a multi-device anywhere, anytime workplace which is creating potential growth opportunities for desktop as a service market. Apart from this, increasing investments by government of various regions in transforming and digitalizing IT infrastructure are also supporting the growth of the desktop as a service market
Adoption of Advanced Solutions to Increase Productivity
As the time is progressing and technology is advancing, all types of businesses and companies are taking further steps to achieve newer technologies. Desktop as a service is being seen as a perfect solution for improving productivity, mobility, and flexibility of a business.
In addition, increasing penetrations of internet technologies, smartphones, laptops, and tablets in businesses have significantly accelerated the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trends, which in turn, are driving the growth of the desktop as a service market. Apart from this, rising adoption of cloud platform is also expected to create potential growth opportunities for the desktop as a service market.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Data Privacy and Security Still a Major Concern
Concerns over the integrity of applications and data stored in virtual desktops, which are hosted in cloud infrastructure are major factors responsible for hampering the growth of the desktop as a service market. Moreover, security and loss of control continue to be the major stumbling blocks in the adoption of desktop as a service as most enterprises believe that in-house solution is more secure than the one hosted by third-party. Thus, security and data sovereignty remains as a critical concern while adopting DaaS solutions.
Desktop as a service Market Structure Analysis
- The global desktop as a service market has a moderately concentrated competition landscape, and most of key players in the desktop as a service market are focusing on offering new and upgraded solutions to meet the growing demand for advanced solutions from customers. Moreover, various desktop as a service solution providers are also focusing on partnership with other players in the market to strengthen their market position and target a stronger global footprint.
- Tier-1 desktop as a service vendors account for ~55% of the overall market share. Players in this tier such as Amazon Web Services, VMware, IBM, Microsoft, and Citrix Systems are the largest and most experienced in the industry and have a significant regional coverage across the global.
- Desktop-as-a-Service Solution
- Technical Support
- Managed Services
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
- Hybrid Cloud
- Media & Entertainment
- IT & Telecom
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa