This Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing market.
Clinical trials are generally conducted to collect data regarding safety and efficacy of new drugs and devices development. There are multiple stages of drug approval in clinical trial process before drug or device can be sold in the market. In general, drugs or devices must undergo several phases of clinical trial that include preclinical, clinical trials to get market approval. Clinical trials are done on human subjects in different phases such as phase 0, phase 1, phase 2, phase 3, and phase 4 or post marketing surveillance to testify the products safety and efficacy. Early phase clinical trials include Phase 0, Phase 1, and Phase 2 stages of clinical trials which are essential to ascertain the safety and efficacy of the drug or devices in target population. Clinical trials outsourcing in pharmaceutical and medical devices industry has been a market trend owing to increased expertise of Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) coupled cost saving strategies adopted the numerous drug development companies in the market.
Early phase clinical trial outsourcing market is driven by increasing cost associated with in house clinical trials along with drug discovery companies’ effort to improve cost efficiency of its operations. Several studies indicate that more than 50% of the early phase clinical trials are outsourced to global and speciality CROs. In addition, increased spending on small molecules research & development, increasing investment in small biopharmaceutical companies, rising product pipelines of large pharmaceutical companies expected to boost the revenue growth of early phase clinical trial outsourcing market over the forecast period. However, increased per-patient cost, difficulties in recruiting/retaining the subjects (patients), and sudden dropout or withdrawal of patient from the clinical trial or study may impact the market revenue growth negatively over the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Early phase clinical trial outsourcing market is undergoing market changes due to the higher competition among key service providers who are scaling up service offering and global capabilities for gaining market share. Majority pharma companies are continuously outsourcing the clinical trials to broad range of service providers (CROs). Non-traditional service providers will also continue to enter into the market place by means of partnership or acquisition. By trial phase type, sub segment such as phase 2 in the global early phase clinical trial outsourcing market is expected to grow in positive traction owing to comparatively larger patient pool and increased number of drug candidates in the above mentioned phase.
Geographically, early phase clinical trial outsourcing market is segmented into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America and Europe region is projected to maintain its lions share over the forecast period. Advanced healthcare infrastructure, availability of diverse patient pool is expected to propel the demand for early phase clinical trial outsourcing market during the forecast period in the above mentioned region. Asia Pacific region is expected to be the moderately growing regional market. Growing healthcare facilities, increased healthcare awareness, and conducive regulatory environment for conducting clinical trials in countries like Australia and China are mainly generating the demand for early phase clinical trials in the region.
The players in early phase clinical trial outsourcingmarket include PRA Health Sciences,INC Research, ICON plc., QuintilesIMS, PAREXEL International Corporation., Chiltern International Ltd., Sofpromed, Covance Inc., Quanticate to name a few.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on the trial phase, the early phase clinical trial outsourcing market is segmented into the following:
- Phase 0
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
Based on the services, the early phase clinical trial outsourcing market is segmented into the following:
- Regulatory Services
- Clinical Data Management (CDM)
- Medical Writing
- Site Management
- Pharmacovigilance (PV)
- Risk-Based Monitoring
- Bio statistical Services
- Protocol Development
Based on end user, the early phase clinical trial outsourcing market is segmented into the following:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Drug Discovery Companies
- Medical Devices Companies
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market Segments
- Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market Dynamics
- Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market Size, 2016 - 2024
- Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Early Phase Clinical Trial Outsourcing Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)