This Mobile Application Stores market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Mobile Application Stores market.
Growing interest among the smartphone generation has effectuated a sizeable growth in the global market for mobile application stores. Downloading new and exciting games, and using social media applications on a daily basis is fuelling the growth of the global mobile application stores market. The continuing propagation in the number of smartphone users has a binding effect on the progress of mobile application stores. The online platforms to buy or download smartphone applications is gaining major investments. App development programs are on an exponential rise, creating a beneficial environment for global expansion of the mobile application stores market size.
Mobile application store market is expected to witness robust growth through 2020. Gaming applications are playing a key role in the growth of the global mobile application stores market.
Developments & Market Trends
Over the years, the advancements in mobile user interface (UI) design and mobile app development platforms has led the global smartphone makers to produce better apps and create efficient distribution channels. Mobile app stores such as Apple’s iStore, Google’s PlayStore and Microsoft’s Windows Apps are being extensively developed to adapt to various consumer needs. Upgrading of versions of the dominant mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android is also creating opportunities for stakeholders in the global mobile application stores market.
App stores are designed to cater to the prevailing consumer trends of downloading new applications or updating preinstalled applications. Increasing downloads of gaming apps is the most common trend triggering the growth of the mobile application stores. Upcoming trends inciting more revenue for mobile app stores include growing downloads of healthcare applications such as Epocrates and Medcalc and the rising volumes of in-app sales and purchases.
Global Mobile Application Stores Market - Drivers & Restraints
The most prominent factors driving the smartphone and mobile app stores market include,
- Growing number of handheld devices such as tablets and smartphones
- Advanced features present in applications
- Versatile applicability of apps in the varying fields of medicine, entertainment, business and communication.
- Social media applications and cloud computing apps that bring in more interests from groups of consumers
Besides these, another factor assisting the market’s growth is the key competition between app stores companies and individual app developers. In order to increase their sales, app developers launch interesting features through their apps.
A key restraining factor in the global market for mobile application stores is the constraints of users’ handheld devices. Designed for smartphones, consumers are facing trouble when some apps cannot be used due to lack of feature development. Smartphone manufacturers are falling short of keeping up with the mobile app developers. Applications designed for special functions require equally special features in smartphones. However, this challenge gets resolved over time as consumers shift to advanced smartphones that allow operational efficiency of any mobile application.
North America is a prominent region for the growth of the mobile application stores market. A majority of smartphone giants and mobile app developers are based in the U. S. Growth of the mobile application stores market will also remain steady in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Key players in the global mobile application stores include Amazon Appstore, Windows Store, Apple iTunes, Google Play, and BlackBerry World.
Google Play, one of the leading Android app stores, has recorded phenomenal progress with more than a billion downloads of free applications such as Gmail, YouTube, WhatsApp Messenger and Facebook. Paid applications such as Asphalt 7: Heat (Gameloft), Fruit Ninja (Halfbrick Studios) and Where’s My Water? (Disney Mobile) have witnessed over one million downloads on Google Play.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product type and distribution channels.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Mobile Application Stores Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Mobile Application Stores Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Mobile Application Stores Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Mobile Application Stores Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Mobile Application Stores Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Mobile Application Stores Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.