This Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics market.
Tuberculosis is caused by a causative agent named Mycobacterium tuberculosis, which can lead to affecting any part of the body including eye. When ocular tuberculosis is truck by mycobacterium tuberculosis it can affect any part of the eye including superficial, intraocular or area surrounding the eye. With or without systemic involvement. Secondary ocular tuberculosis occurs due to the haematogenous spread from distant site or sometimes by direct invasion from adjacent structures, like the sinus or cranial cavity. Posterior uveitis is the most common presentation of intraocular TB while it forms an initial presentation of extra pulmonary dissemination of infection.
Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market: Drivers and Restraints
The primary driver of the ocular tuberculosis therapeutics is the increasing number of cases in the population. For instance, according to the WHO 2015 report, there were 9,557 tuberculosis cases (a rate of 3.0 cases per 100,000 persons) in the United States, a 1.6% increase in the number of TB cases compared to cases reported in 2014. Moreover, regulatory reforms to support a regime or combination of drug treatment rather than a single medicine is also expected to boom the demand for ocular tuberculosis therapeutics market. In August 2016, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) launched a public consultation on revised guidance for companies developing new drugs to treat tuberculosis. EMA feels that the current treatment and the guidelines cannot address the problem as they are slow, complex, and lengthy and develop multiple drug resistance tuberculosis.
Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market: Overview
There are different mechanisms through which ocular tuberculosis may occur, involving the lid, conjunctiva, cornea, and sclera. In past years there has been a rise in the prevalence of tuberculosis owing to which there is an increasing government involvement and awareness programs. The increase awareness for Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics and active participation of government organization is anticipate to drive the growth of Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics market over the forecast. In April 2017, Cebu City Jail made HIV and tuberculosis testing mandatory for the inmates. To date, there are 135 inmates diagnosed with HIV and 32 with tuberculosis. Seventeen inmates have died due to various illnesses. Apart from some of the inmates already having tuberculosis or HIV, there is no proper medical check-up protocol when an inmate is transferred to the facility and that jail cells are congested. This lack of medical check-up protocol is expected to hinder the growth of ocular tuberculosis therapeutics market over the forecast period. Based on treatment type, the Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics market is segmented into First line treatment & Second line treatment. Second line of treatment for Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics includes Fluoroquinolones, Aminoglycosides, Cycloserine, Polypeptides, p-Aminosalicylic Acid & Thioamides. Combination treatment for Ocular Tuberculosis is anticipate to witness significant growth in overall Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics market.
Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market: Region-wise Outlook
In terms of geography, ocular tuberculosis therapeutics market has been divided into seven regions including North- America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and Asia- Pacific excluding Japan, Japan Middle-East & Africa and Latin America. North America Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics is expected to remain the dominating region while Asia Pacific Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics is expected to emerge as a fastest growing region. In Asia Pacific region apart from the huge population base and the high prevalence rate of tuberculosis, there are research grants offered by the various organizations in Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics to bring in more product developments. Such investment is encouraging academic and corporate partnership to focus of Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics development and commercialization. In June 2017, Dr Soumyava Basu received a grant of US$ 46,638 from the Department of Health Research (DHR) and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) to conduct a clinical trial on ocular TB research.
Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market: Key Market Participants
Some of the ocular tuberculosis therapeutics market participants are AstraZeneca, Bayer HealthCare AG, Biological E, BioVersys, Cadila Pharmaceuticals, Concept Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Infectex, Johnson & Johnson, Labatec-Pharma SA, Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc., Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Maneesh Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Otsuka Novel Products, Pfizer, Pharmasyntez, Sandoz, Sanofi, Sequella, Inc., and Themis Medicare Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market: Segmentation
On the basis of treatment the ocular tuberculosis therapeutics market can be segment as:
- First line treatment
- Second line treatment
- p-Aminosalicylic Acid
- Combination Therapy
On the basis of end user the ocular tuberculosis therapeutics market can be segment as:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Ocular Tuberculosis Therapeutics Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)