This Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market.
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals are revolutionary products that are designed to support and enhance the stimulation process during oil extraction. Stimulation treatments are carried out to improve or restore the productivity of an oil well. Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals helps in the free flow of hydrocarbons from wells. Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals are commonly used in hydraulic fracturing treatment and matrix treatments especially in the processes of emulsification, wetting, and compatibilization. Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals are also used in high-stability foaming systems for formation blocking and foam fracturing. It is also used in down-hole stimulation fluids including slick water fracturing applications. Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals are finding high usage in various applications and new geographical areas which are driving the market. Different types of chemicals are used in the various process of oil extraction viz. acids, biocides, corrosion inhibitors, friction reducers, gelling agents/ viscosities, iron control agents, water control polymers and breakers. Out of these, gelling agents or viscosities is the most widely used oilfield stimulation chemical with largest market share. Most commonly used technique among oilfield stimulation is acid stimulation whose work is to clean existing fractures by dissolving filling materials (mostly drilling mud or secondary minerals) and molding them for an efficient removal. Acid treatment technique is used in bearing rock formations for many years to maintain or increase the rate of flow of oil from production wells or the rate of flow of oil-displacing fluids into injection wells. Because of its vast usage oilfield, stimulation chemicals market will witness an escalating demand in the oil industry.
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals: Market Dynamics
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market is mainly driven by the increasing applications of chemicals for penetrating deeper into earth’s crust and findings of new oil basins in Rocky or sea regions. Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals is an essential part of oil extraction and solves many purposes, before and during the process. It reduces consumption of water, saves energy consumption during fracturing, by considerably reducing the surface footprint of a well and no formation damage in most of the hydraulic fracturing, Pneumatic fracturing, Dynamic loading and other primary processes.
However, Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals comes along with some restraints. Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals might increase the cost of oil production level, greater concerns regarding personnel safety and environmental impact. Apart from this limited possibility to operate at depth is also a disadvantage of some specific types of chemicals. Low crude oil price is a major restraint for the market as it holds oil producers to take necessary precautions or process in oil extraction to increase their margins.
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market have an opportunity towards the advancements in the area of iron control agents which will give pace to the market growth of Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals for next ten years. New varieties of iron control agents are required which are cost efficient and provide better results at lesser quantity used in the process.
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals: Segment Outlook
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market can be segmented by types which include acids, biocides, corrosion inhibitors, friction reducers, gelling agents/ viscosities, iron control agents, water control polymers, breakers and others. Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market can also be segmented by applications which hydraulic fracturing, matrix treatments, acid fracking and others.
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals: Regional Outlook
Regional coverage for Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market includes North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Japan. Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market will witnesses a high demand in APEJ because of the large oil consumption & production and massive investment in oil extraction market. The market in the Middle East and African countries are still at growth stage which will fuel the market for next ten years in the region.
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals: Market Players
The market players in Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market are Akzonobel N.V., Albemarle Corp., Ashland Inc., Baker Hughes Incorporated, BASF SE, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Clariant AG, DOW Chemical Company, DuPont, Flotek Industries Inc., Halliburton, Schlumberger Limited, Solvay SA and many more.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals: Market Segmentation
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market can be segmented on the basis of type, which include:
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Friction reducers
- Gelling agents/ viscosifiers
- Iron control agents
- Water control polymers
Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals market can be segmented on the basis of applications, which include:
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Matrix Treatments
- Acid Fracking
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Oilfield Stimulation Chemicals Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.