Parkinson’s disease Therapeutics Market: Key Players
This Parkinsons Disease Therapeutics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Parkinsons Disease Therapeutics market.
Parkinson’s disease is a central nervous system disorder affecting motor neuron activities, characterized by tremor, rigidity, dementia, depression etc. According to GDB 2013 Mortality and Causes of Death Collaborators report, in 2013, 53 Mn people were living with Parkinson’s disease while the disease caused 103,000 deaths globally. Risk of Parkinson’s disease increases with age and the disease mainly affects person over 50 years of age. Treatment for the Parkinson’s disease in mainly symptomatic and no curative treatment options are available. The main aim of the Parkinson’s disease treatment is to provide control on signs and symptoms such as shakiness in hands, difficulty with walking, slowness of movement etc. Therapeutic approach for each person varies according to his or her symptoms. Treatment options include medication or surgical treatment. Levodopa in combination with carbidopa is considered as a gold standard for symptomatic treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Surgical treatment options include deep brain stimulation and Carbidopa/levodopa enteral suspension therapy. However, surgical therapy is effective only for patients who have previously responded to Levodopa therapy. Some of the commercially available drugs for treatment of Parkinson’s disease are Cycloset, Parlodel (Bromocriptine Mesylate), Requip (ropinirole), Rytary, Azilect, Northera, Stalevo, Comtess/Comtan and others. Over the past decade, great progress has been made in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease such as identification of new therapeutic targets through genetic research, understanding the common mutations that contribute to Parkinson’s disease etc.
Parkinson’s disease Therapeutics Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Parkinson’s disease Therapeutics Market: Segmentation
The global Parkinson’s disease therapeutics market is classified on the basis of treatment type, end user and geography.
Parkinson’s disease Therapeutics Market: Overview
Global Parkinson’s disease therapeutics market is expected to witness healthy CAGR over the forecast period as few new therapies are expected to hit the market during the forecast period such as repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation device, adipose derived stem cell therapy, non-invasive Neurostimulation device etc. Increasing burden of Parkinson’s disease management on healthcare systems of major countries such as the U.S. and U.K. would stimulate the exhaustive efforts by the government to increase the pace of R&D in Parkinson’s disease therapeutics. For instance, in the U.S. over 40 medicines are being developed for the treatment and diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease many of which have gained fast track designation from the U.S. FDA.
Parkinson’s disease Therapeutics Market: Regional Overview
Some of the key players in global Parkinson’s disease therapeutics market include GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Salix Pharmaceuticals, mpax Laboratories, Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Novartis AG, Orion Corporation, Mylan N.V. while generic players include Par Pharmaceutical, Cipla Inc., Daiichi Sankyo, Apotex Inc., Wockhardt Limited and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Parkinsons Disease Therapeutics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on treatment type, the global Parkinson’s disease therapeutics market is segmented into the following:
- Dopamine Precursors
- Peripheral Decarboxylase Inhibitors
- COMT Inhibitors
- MAO Inhibitors
- Others (anticholinergics, antihistaminics etc.)
- Medical Devices
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Devices
- Carbidopa/Levodopa Enteral Suspension (Duopa) delivery devices
Based on end user, the global Parkinson’s disease therapeutics market is segmented into the following:
- Homecare Settings
Region wise, the global Parkinson’s disease therapeutics market is classified into seven regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America has conventionally dominated the global market for Parkinson’s disease therapeutics due to good reimbursement policies and high prevalence of the disease. According to Parkinson’s disease Foundation (PDF) approximately 60,000 Americans are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease annually. Europe is expected to hold second highest share in the global market owing to increasing R&D efforts by the key players in the region.
Parkinson’s disease Therapeutics Market: Key Players
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Parkinsons Disease Therapeutics Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Parkinsons Disease Therapeutics Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Parkinsons Disease Therapeutics Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Parkinsons Disease Therapeutics Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)