This Sage Extract market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sage Extract market.
Sage is a low-growing evergreen shrub that has been known for centuries for its traditional uses in culinary and herbal medicines. It belongs to the mint family alongside herbs such as rosemary, thyme, basil and oregano. The leaves of sage can be used for various purposes in different forms. For instance, they can be chewed whole. They can also be dried and ground into powder or prepared as a fluid extract, tincture or essential oil. The extract obtained from sage is a colorless to yellow clear liquid. The usage of sage extract in liquid form is trending nowadays. It is used as a dietary supplement and food ingredient in the U.S.
Sage extract offers a wide range of applications for food and medicinal purposes
Sage extract is used in the preparation of medicines that are used for the treatment of digestion-related issues, which include diarrhea, gastritis, loss of appetite and heartburn. Sage extract is also used to reduce the overproduction of saliva and perspiration. Other medicinal uses of sage extract include the usage of sage extract for depression and memory loss. Sage extract also has applications in the food industry as a popular spice. However, the excessive usage of sage extract as a spice is not advisable as it is likely to have adverse effects. Moreover, pregnant women or nursing mothers are advised to avoid the intake of sage extract.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
A recent study on the ability of sage extract to protect against Alzheimer’s disease has resulted in a significant increase in the popularity of sage extract. Thus, the growth of the sage extract market can be attributed to a wide range of functional benefits offered by sage extract. Furthermore, increase in awareness regarding the benefits of sage extract is also expected to boost the market.
Sage Extract Market:
Examples of some of the market participants in the global sage extract market are Sibelius, Mountain Rose Herbs, Avoca Inc., Aphios Corporation, Wuhan Dahua, App Chem-Bio, Greenlife, Shanxi Jinjin, Haotian, Capot and Sami Labs Limited.
Global Sage Extract Market: Key Developments
Several clinical studies have been conducted to prove the medicinal benefits of sage extract on human beings. For instance, a clinical study conducted by Moss et al in 2010 investigated the effect of sage extract on mood and cognition in 135 healthy adults. Another study conducted by Kennedy et al in 2006 showed the positive effects of sage extract on the stress, response time, mathematical processing, memory and mood of 30 healthy participants.
With the rising popularity of sage extract, the number of product launches in the sage extract market is also increasing. For instance, in 2016, the company Sibelius introduced its new sage extract product for cognition. The sage extract market is developing not only by new product launches, but also due to the incorporation of new technologies. Sibelius also developed its own patented technology of Chronoscreen, with the help of which the company was successful in demonstrating the significant difference between the biological activities of the Sibelius sage extract over other sage extracts.
Opportunities for Sage Extract Market Participants
Currently, sage extract is available in the market as a single-ingredient product. However, sage extract is estimated to witness significant growth in the future if it is combined with other ingredients and extracts to produce new and innovative products. These products will offer additional benefits along with those of sage extract. This is likely to boost the global consumption of sage extract, which will, in turn, boost the market. Various opportunities are also available in research and development. The manufacturers of sage extract can collaborate with other manufacturers with better extraction techniques and technologies to grow their businesses in the sage extract market.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, application, product type, and end use of the market.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report:
- An overview of the global sage extract market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the sage extract market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the sage extract
- The cost structure of and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial sage extract segments, regions, and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand the sage extract, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants of sage extract
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the sage extract
Regional analysis of the sage extract market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the sage extract market. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors of the sage extract market, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies of sage extract.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sage Extract Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Sage Extract Market: Segmentation:
On the basis of end-use industries:
- Food and Beverage
On the basis of the nature of production:
On the basis of packaging:
- Amber glass bottle
- Bottle with dropper
- Plastic bottle
On the basis of the distribution channel:
- Specialty Store
- Grocery store
- Online retailers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Sage Extract Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Sage Extract Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Sage Extract Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Sage Extract Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)