Smart Fabric Market Overview
Global Smart Fabric Market Outlook
The global textile and garment industry forms a critical factor for world trade flows specifically in developing countries where clothing accounts for a large proportion of large exports. In 2017, the industry was being valued at US$ 3 trillion which also includes the production, refinement as well as the sale of synthetic and natural fibers used in various industries. The global textile market is further segregated into fibers, yarn, fabrics and garment sectors. China accounts to largest global production share for textile products. However, over the past couple of years, the global fabric industry has been enduring with new trends which cater to the varying needs and requirements of its target customers. In every interval of time, the industry has been evolving in terms of its product offerings. Just like smartphones, smart watches or the smart homes gaining traction among its customers, the fabric industry has been witnessing a new trend with the introduction of smart fabrics into the global market.
Global Smart Fabric Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
Smart fabrics is a new kind of innovation that is being adopted by the fabric industry which facilitates its customers with various easy accessibilities in terms of aesthetic and performance factor. Owing to the fact that most of the consumers adopting a busy lifestyle accounting on rising in a number of working population, now the consumer desire for easy accessibility on everything they want for in their day – to – day life. The smart fabric is one such textile material which caters to consumers' requirements. Smart fabrics are entirely different from traditional fabrics which provide various functionalities. In terms of aesthetics, fabrics can change its colors according to consumers' preferences. In terms of performance, the smart fabric has witnessed a wide range of application in the fields of extreme sports, athletics and army sectors which includes controlled muscle vibration, wind resistance, and body temperature regulation. The smart fabric also has its critical applications in the health and beauty sectors.
Global Smart Fabric Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Smart Fabric market are Adidas, Footfalls & Heartbeats Ltd., AiQ Smart Clothing, OTEX Specialty Narrow Fabrics, Bally Ribbon Mills among others.
Smart Fabric Market: Key Trends
Some of the marquee players in Smart Fabric Market have been strategizing on coming up with innovative products catering to target customers' needs and requirements and at same times promoting its products and services by attending several key exhibitions
Smart Fabric Market: Key Developments
- In 2015, Nike patented smart shirt design for fitness tracking. The newly launched is capable of tacking properties like heart rate and blood pressure.
- In 2018, AiQ Smart Clothing scheduled to attend shows such as Wearable Technologies Show, Consumer Electronics Show, Wearable Device & Technology
Opportunities for Smart Fabric Market Participants
In the pharmaceutical industry, monitoring and supervision factor of patients is being taken into serious consideration. The industry desire for such devices which makes things easy and efficient when it comes to monitoring of patients health. Smart Fabric coincidently provides various types of services such as electrocardiograms, infant monitoring, pressure sensing in wheelchairs and beds. Owing to this fact, smart fabric market sights opportunity in the pharmaceutical industry. Moreover, in the sports industry, athletics always desire for devices which keeps in check of performance at every interval of time. Smart Fabric tailored activewear makes it easy for sportsperson which provides unique functionalities such as distance coverage, heartbeat ratio, and other performance monitoring factors. As a result, smart fabric market finds immense scope in the global sports industry.
Brief Approach to Research for Smart Fabric Market
FMI will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, formats, and application of the coconut water concentrate segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall Smart Fabric market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Smart Fabric market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Smart Fabric market and its potential
- Smart Fabric Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Smart Fabric market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study for Smart Fabric Market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Smart Fabric market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario for Smart Fabric
- Analysis of the Smart Fabric market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Smart Fabric market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Smart Fabric: Market Segmentation
On the basis of function, the global Smart Fabric market has been segmented as –
On the basis of application, the global Smart Fabric market has been segmented as –
- Sports Industry
- Health and Beauty
- Pharmaceutical Industry
On the basis of the distribution channel, the global Smart Fabric market has been segmented as –
- Specialty Stores
- Online Store
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.