This Smart Plant Based Food Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Smart Plant Based Food Packaging market.
Food packaging is essential for containment of products, preservation and protection, to reduce food spoilage, eliminating the risk of adulteration and present food in a hygienic and aesthetically attractive way. According to the Agriculture and Food Organization, one third of the food in the world is wasted and most of this wasted food is generated by retailers and consumers who follow dates on packages and throw away edible food due to a label. Therefore, a project was initiated in order to develop smart plant based food packaging which increases the shelf life of food and the researchers also have formulated sensors that notify the consumers and retailers whether the food inside can be consumed or not. The global smart plant based food packaging is expected to register a healthy growth rate over the forecast period.
The global smart plant based food packaging market is driven by various factors which includes eminent advantages of smart plant based food packaging and demand from food & beverage industry. Smart plant based food packaging not only extend the life of the food product but also eliminates the need for environment-harming plastic. The global smart plant based food packaging market can be segmented on the basis of product type, material type and as per the region. On the basis of product type, the global smart plant based food packaging market is segmented into blow moulded, pot designed and others. On the basis of material type, the global smart plant based food packaging market is divided into cellulose based film and blow moulded film. On the basis of region, the global smart plant based food packaging market is segmented into North America, Europe and the emerging countries of Asia Pacific.
Safety of food products has become a top priority of consumers on a global scale. Increasing awareness among the consumers regarding the environmental concerns and gradual change in buying habits, which in turn is anticipated to propel the smart plant based food packaging market. Biodegradable plant based polymers in smart plant based food packaging is manufactured by cultivating carbohydrates via bacteria, while bio plant based polymers are macromolecules derived from plant residues. This provides the smart plant based food packaging improved food preservative properties. It is mainly designed to extend shelf life of the food and also to protect the contents from its surroundings. Standard packaging permits the entry of air which places limitations on shelf life of the food.
There are lot of opportunities that exists for smart plant based food packaging in the food packaging market in the developing economies as the food packaging technology is making huge progress in these regions, which in turn is anticipated to drive the global smart plant based food packaging market globally. North America is leading the smart plant based food packaging market followed by the Asia Pacific and Europe market for smart plant based food packaging. However, the growth rate shown in these regions have subsided considerably as the smart plant based food packaging market is close to its peak. This growth is however restored by the high growth rate of smart plant based food packaging market in regions of Asia Pacific which includes China, India and Latin America.
Smart plant based food packaging is one of the areas where food packaging companies can emphasize on refining their practices. Reutilizing in-house and using eco-friendly and/or recyclable packaging is another step, but making smart plant based food packaging materials means using more biodegradable products. Heinz, Coca-Cola and SINTEF are the major companies participating in the movement towards the use of smart plant based food packaging. Coca-Cola uses Brazilian sugarcane but is also looking into other plant based materials. Currently all of the company’s bottles are made of fully recyclable plastic using bio-based products whereas SINTEF is now ready to present the first demonstration of packaging made from polyactic acid. The company has partnered with other collaborators like Logoplaste and Greek company Agro to develop smart plant based food packaging. Other food packaging companies need to find if they can alter their packaging necessities and fit smart plant based food packaging material in their budget for which the USDA has proposed a loan guarantee program which will give smart plant based food packaging manufacturers easy access to loan and also cheaper interest rates in order to build a new plant.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (EU5 Countries, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- APAC (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Japan)
- MEA (GCC Countries, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Smart Plant Based Food Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Smart Plant Based Food Packaging Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Smart Plant Based Food Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Smart Plant Based Food Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Smart Plant Based Food Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Smart Plant Based Food Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)