This Surgical Gloves market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Surgical Gloves market.
The past decade has seen frequent epidemics such as Ebola, Zika, and now the crippling Covid-19 pandemic, raising the need for surgical gloves exponentially. Medical gloves play an important in the healthcare system, protecting both, the caregivers and patients. Demand for surgeries, improved healthcare systems, and indispensable nature of surgical gloves are some of the primary growth drivers for the market. The market for surgical gloves is exceptionally competitive as it is a generic medical device. Low entry barriers, fairly easy manufacturing techniques, and easy availability of raw materials is expected to lead to intense competition. Companies are expected to compete on price to register high sales volumes for profits in the coming months.
Improving Diagnostics to Up Sales for Surgical Gloves
Rise in the number of road accidents, aging complications in patients, and improving diagnostics have all contributed to the demand of surgical gloves. Demand for surgical gloves is expected to remain steady and always on the up side, as despite the changing nature of surgeries, gloves are an important part in delivering safe healthcare services. Increasing admissions for cardiovascular diseases is also noted to be a significant factor fuelling the demand for surgical gloves. Radical changes in the healthcare systems of developing countries such as India, China, Japan, and Brazil have also led to growing sales of surgical gloves. Establishment of multispecialty hospitals is also projected to bode well for the global market of surgical gloves.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Disposable gloves have always been an important driver for surgical glove sales. However, programs to recycle and reuse these gloves has won the market an added advantage as it is taken off the pressure from landfills. Advancements in the materials used for production of surgical gloves has also triggered demand for surgical gloves in recent years. Analysts suggest that the establishment of medical colleges and growing number of students studying surgery have also made a significant contribution to the market over the years.
Nitrile Gloves to Pace Ahead as they Offer Excellent Protection
The materials used for making surgical gloves are isoprene rubber latex, nitrile rubber, polyvinyl chloride, and neoprene rubber. The latex surgical gloves market had a lion’s share due to its popularity. Features such as superior flexibility, fitting, and high-level performance has kept it in the leading position for a long time. However, shifting dynamics suggest that nitrile gloves will slowly takeover the spot as they offer impeccable protection against viruses and contagions for caregivers. Furthermore, possibility of allergy to latex is also creating a demand for alternative materials. These are available in powdered and non-powdered from. The demand non-powdered nitrile gloves will be high as they do not cause any breathing problems in the long run.
Asia Pacific to Remain Key Manufacturer with Supportive Government Policies
The global surgical gloves market is experiencing tremendous growth amid Covid-19. In wake of the pandemic, the market is expected to witness an exponential growth rate. North America and Asia Pacific are projected to dominate the market as the healthcare sector gears up for coping with the pandemic. A strong healthcare system in the developed economies will increase the demand. Focus on hygiene and awareness about cross-contamination in the region will boost sales.
Meanwhile countries in Asia Pacific will remain key manufacturers. Affordable labor and supportive government policies towards manufacturing will also boost the production of surgical gloves in the region. Expanding pool of geriatric population in countries such as Japan is projected to be critical to the demand for surgical gloves. The rise of e-commerce industry is also expected give an impetus to the sales of surgical gloves.
Companies to Ensure Social Distancing Policies to Keep Production Going Amid Pandemic
Some of the key players operating in the global surgical gloves market are Kimberly-Clark, Top Glove Corporation, Cardinal Health, Ansell Healthcare, and Dynarex Corporation. Ansell, an ASX-listed company, stated that it is experiencing and unprecedented rise in demand for surgical gloves as the extent of Covid-19 implications remain uncertain. The company is working closely with government authorities across the globe to demand the demands. Despite the dangers of business operations, it is adhering to stringent measures such as ensuring daily temperature checks, screening workforce, social distancing, and sanitation of surfaces to keep the production going.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Surgical Gloves Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Surgical Gloves Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Surgical Gloves Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Surgical Gloves Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Surgical Gloves Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)