This Surgical Mask market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Surgical Mask market.
Surgical masks, popularly known as procedure or medical masks, are intended to be worn by medical staff and health professionals while performing surgeries. The purpose behind it is to prevent spreading any kind of infection from pathogen to patients and fellow surgeons. Besides them, the general public also finds increased utilization of facial masks to prevent the spread of bacteria or virus in the event of a respiratory infection.
Over the years, the global surgical mask market has registered an uptick, with important market players such as Henry Schein, Inc., DYNAREX, 3M, Cardinal Health, Smith & Nephew, Molnlycke Healthcare, Medline Industries, Inc., Berkley Surgical Company and Halyard Health, Inc., consolidating their positions through mergers, acquisitions and new product launches.
Global Surgical Mask Market: Key Growth Dynamics:
The global surgical masks market is set to broaden its scope in the forecast period, stimulated by rising surgical procedures worldwide. In addition, rapid increase in air pollution levels have augmented the sales of surgical and facial masks among the general population to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases. People have become increasingly conscious about the need to inhale clean air.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Surgical and respiratory masks are conveniently available at over-the-counter compounding pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, retail outlets and online distribution channels. Increasing market inroads by the e-commerce sector is poised to strengthen supply chain of surgical and respiratory masks across the world.
The recent novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) is anticipated to further bolster prospects of the global surgical masks market. Recently, in March 2020, Automobili Lamborghini has announced the conversion of key production departments in Sant’ Agata Bolognese in order to manufacture surgical masks and personal protective equipment for the Sant’Orsola-Malpighi Hospital in Bologna, Italy. It is anticipated that the demand for N95 respiratory masks in hospitals shall surge 17 times due to the rising COVID-19 cases.
Regional Outlook of Global Surgical Masks Market:
Based on geography, the global surgical masks market has been divided into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. The market for surgical masks in North America is anticipated to burgeon owing to rapid advancements in surgical procedures in the United States and Canada.
In the Asia-Pacific, the India surgical mask market is set to burgeon owing to various factors. A rising elderly population, increase in adoption of surgical masks among the general population and an uptick in prevalence of contagious diseases such as tuberculosis and asthma, are projected to leverage the surgical masks market.
Competitive Landscape Analysis: Global Surgical Masks Market:
3M Science is a leading player in the global surgical masks market. The company concentrates on developing new products with innovations to increase market presence. Its surgical mask product includes the 3MTM AuraTM Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1870+, N95, 120 EA/Case. The mask has comfortable inner materials which provides protection against certain airborne particles. Its individually packaged flat fold design provides convenient storage prior to use. As a disposable respirator mask particulate, it protects surgeons against particles generated during electrocautery, laser surgery, and other powered medical instruments. The company is deeply committed towards supporting public health organizations in combating the COVID-19 pandemic. To fulfil this objective, the company is ramping up its production of respirators and protective masks in manufacturing facilities across the world. The company is increasingly focusing its efforts in producing N95 and FFP2 or other equivalent respiratory masks to be used during aerosol-generating procedures. This is in tandem with WHOs admission that aerosols are a major source of COVID-19 transmission.
Another leading player, Cardinal Health specializes in a simplified surgical and procedure mask line and N95 respirators. Its surgical masks segment includes the ASTM Level 1 and Level 3 Masks. The former are suitable for standard procedural surgical tasks and cost-effective for general use. The latter includes four layers of construction which offer clinicians comfort, protection and breathability. Similar to 3M’s efforts, Cardinal Health is also keeping its commitment to combat the menace of the COVID-19 pandemic. The company is collaborating with industrial partners and the U.S. Federal government to gain insights, optimize response and identify additional sources of critical product. A major focus of the company is expediting the flow of urgently needed personal protective equipment, including respiratory masks, to their own staff as well as to the general public worldwide.
Medline Industries, Inc., specializes in basic isolation masks with ear loops. It contains yellow propylene outer facing which offers a soft, fluid protection barrier while the inner facing assures comfort and breathability. Other masks include the CURAD BioMask Antiviral Isolation Mask, the Cleanroom and Controlled Environmental Face Masks and Bulk Packaged Face Masks.
Report Highlights: Global Surgical Masks Market
The global surgical masks market provides a holistic approach to the overall surgical masks market through industry valuations, market estimates, profit margin, SWOT analysis of key market players, and regional landscapes of the market. The report also explicates on the key challenges and growth prospects of the future while simultaneously examining the current status of key players for the forecast period.
The report provides in-depth qualitative insights, historical data and verifiable projections about market size. The report has been compiled using a wide array of primary and secondary research using proven methodologies and assumptions. This provides authenticity to the overall study on the global surgical masks market. A qualitative and quantitative assessment of data collated from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the value chain has also been incorporated.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Surgical Mask Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Taxonomical Analysis of Global Surgical Masks Market:
A broad classification of the global surgical masks market is based on product, distribution channel and key regions.
By Product Type
- Basic Surgical Mask
- Anti-fog Surgical Mask
- Fluid/Splash Surgical Mask
- N95 Mask
By Distribution Channel
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- An assessment of the parent market and backdrop analysis.
- Key market growth dynamics (drivers, restraints, opportunities and threats)
- Market segmentation up to the second level.
- Current, historical and future projections of the surgical masks market in value and volume terms.
- Market share and analysis of key regions.
- Competition Landscape involving a host of key surgical masks market players.
- Recommendations to key players in consolidating their market footprints.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Surgical Mask Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Surgical Mask Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Surgical Mask Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Surgical Mask Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)