This Wafer Testing Services market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Wafer Testing Services market.
A wafer is a thin slice (substrate) of semiconductor, such as a crystalline silicon, used for the fabrication of integrated circuits. These wafers are basically used in photovoltaics and manufacturing of solar cells. Wafer testing is a process performed during semiconductor device fabrication.
The testing is performed with the help of test equipment called as wafer prober. A wafer prober is an automatic test equipment used for electrical testing of wafers in the semiconductor development and manufacturing process. The increasing demand of Silicon on Insulator (SOI) and glass wafers in consumer electronics is the major factor behind the growth of wafer testing services market.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak on Semiconductor Wafers Market
The outbreak of COVID-19 virus in December 2019 has spread to almost 200+ countries worldwide. The impact of COVID-19 has already started to negatively affect semiconductor market. The spread of coronavirus has directly affected the production and demand of semiconductor electronics. According to SEMI experts the sales of silicon wafer is expected to drop in the second half of 2020 with possible ripple effects on price negotiations in 2021.
The shipment of silicon wafer has leveled off from the start of year 2020 and the Y-o-Y growth rate had started declining. The global shipment of silicon wafer has been dropped by nearly 6%-8% in the first two quarters of 2020. The supply chain of silicon wafer got drastically affected as the domestic spread of the coronavirus hits the China’s silicon wafer manufacturing companies, who are among world leaders in this industry.
However, as per research estimates the Chinese silicon wafer manufacturers had recovered by the end of March 2020, also the global silicon wafer market would possibly recover soon and is estimated return to growth by Q2, 2021.
Wafer Testing Services Market: - Market Dynamics
The increasing demand of silicon wafers in IoT related devices spurring the growth of wafer testing services Market
In the last few years, a great deal of momentum for the global semiconductor wafer inspection equipment has come from rising number of IoT devices. The growth is attributed to the rising use of multifunctional integrated circuits (IC) in these devices. According to estimates the IoT semiconductor spending is estimated to be $34 billion in 2020.
The extensive use of semiconductor wafers, including light-emitting diode, CMOS image sensors, and microelectromechanical systems, among chipmaker that has also increased the need of wafer testing services during these device fabrication activities, which would propel the growth of wafer testing services market.
The Increasing Demand of Semiconductor Wafers in Autonomous Vehicles Would Drive the Growth of Wafer Testing Services Market
The growing demand for semiconductors by the automotive industry is resulting in huge supply for some semiconductors. The wafer plays a vital role in driverless and smart cars. The wafers are used for various applications within an autonomous cars including navigation control, infotainment systems, and collision detections. Many electronics buyers reported increased demand of MOSFETs, thyristors, varistors and diodes chips from the automotive industries. Moreover, the next-generation autonomous vehicles will need more CMOS image sensors which are used to design from silicon wafers. The increased use of silicon wafers in automotive industry would drive the wafer testing service market in the coming years.
Wafer Testing Services Market: - Key Players
Key players in the wafer testing services market are focusing on product innovation and strategic partnerships with other industry players to expand their regional presence and to sustained business growth. The major players offering wafer testing services include
- EG Systems
- Criteria Labs
- Integra Technologies
- Amkor Technology
- Bluetest Testservice GmbH
- JCET Group
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
- Unisem Group
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global wafer testing services market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with wafer testing services market attractiveness as per segments. The report on wafer testing services market also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on wafer testing services market segments and geographies.
Wafer Testing Services Market- Report Highlights:
- A detailed overview of parent market of wafer testing services market
- Changing wafer testing services market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the wafer testing services market
- Historical, current, and projected wafer testing services market size by value
- Recent industry trends and developments in wafer testing services market
- Competitive landscape of the wafer testing services market
- Strategies for key players in wafer testing services and solutions and services offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on wafer testing services market performance
- Must-have information for wafer testing services market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Wafer Testing Services Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Wafer Testing Services Market: - Segmentation
By Component, wafer testing services market is segmented into-
- Wafer Testing Prober
- Integration & Deployment
- Support & Maintenance
By Type, wafer testing services market is segmented into-
- Parametric Test
- Product Sort Test
By Vertical, wafer testing services market is segmented into-
- Military & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Wafer Testing Services Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Wafer Testing Services Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Wafer Testing Services Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Wafer Testing Services Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.