This Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging market.
Consumption of convenient, yet healthy meals is soaring, primarily owing to evolving lifestyle pattern as well as a rise in women workforce. With the world’s population living in urban areas anticipated to increase by 60% in 2030, food wastage is one of the biggest challenges. Studies suggest that 47% of all vegetables & fruit and 12% of animal and meat products are wasted every year, globally. Moreover, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reveal that about 48 million people in the US develop illness due to consumption of contaminated food items. Antimicrobial packaging ingredients for food packaging ensure quality and safety of food products alongside prolonged shelf life by inhibiting the growth of microorganisms. The global market for antimicrobial packaging ingredients for food packaging is anticipated to record a robust CAGR during 2020-2030.
Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging Market - Key Developments
While the market has been commonplace in the food sector, manufacturers are uncovering new revenue streams in the beverage industry, especially in dairy-based beverages and drinks - non-alcoholic, and alcoholic. As the industry switches from traditional plastic packaging to the latest active packaging & coatings, the food industry will work closely with scientific safety analysis to comprehend the potential hazards.
YPACK has created organic plastic substitute to conventional plastic food packaging technique. The compostable packaging solution is prepared from eco-friendly biopolymer - poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxy valerate) (PHBV) - that is derived from micro-cellulose of almond shells and industrial by-products (cheese whey). Biodegradability tests record complete degradation within 3 months.
Moreover, several novel concepts in food packaging are introduced during previous years such as smart antimicrobial coatings. The purpose of smart antimicrobial coatings is to mitigate the growth of microbes, while sensors monitor chemical and physical conditions that reflect or influence the food product quality. These add-ons have positive health, socio-economic, and environmental effects, which will be further augmented by carrying out the smart functions with the help of robust technologies and renewable natural materials.
Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging Market - Growth Restraints
Materials used for manufacturing antimicrobial packaging ingredients for food packaging are petroleum-based and, thus, are subject to price volatilities. Given stringent environmental norms, market players are turning to recycling the products after consumption. The process is complex and cost-intensive, thus, hit the profit margins of manufacturers, especially in small- and medium-scale enterprises (SME). To address the situation, market players are testing new avenues to promote their sustainability agenda, for instance, using truly biodegradable alternatives such as biopolymers.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
While sustainability has been a top priority in the antimicrobial packaging ingredients for food packaging market, the trend, however, has taken a back seat amid the COVID-19 pandemic, owing to heightening hygiene and food safety concerns among consumers. As such, manufacturers are redefining sustainability in tandem with hygiene and consumers’ safety concerns. Choice of materials, packaging designs, or particular feature to ensure minimum probability of virus infection is expected to have a measurable impact on players in the antimicrobial packaging ingredients for food packaging market.
Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging Market - Region-wise Analysis
While Europe and North America remain the frontrunners in the antimicrobial packaging ingredients for food packaging market, Asia Pacific (APAC) is anticipated to emerge as the most lucrative region in the coming years. Fast-paced lifestyle resulting in surging consumption of convenience food is primarily the market growth in both the developed and developing regions. The US and China lead the global consumption of convenience foods. Furthermore, rising cases of diseases due to consumption of contaminated food products are offering potential growth prospects to market players.
Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging Market - Competitive Analysis
The global antimicrobial packaging ingredients for the food packaging market is fairly consolidated, yet will witness sturdy competition over the forecast period owing to evolving consumer demands and surfacing of newer companies. The existence of numerous SME’s and big global organizations will further intensity the market competition.
- Mondi has paired up Werner & Mertz to build up flexible, fully recyclable, stand-up pouches for W&M’s Frosch-brand laundry detergents. The project implemented Cradle to Cradle (C2C) principles to examine every product aspect, from design to optimum end-of-life options, to close the packaging loop.
- Sealed Air Corporation has acquired Automated Packaging Systems Inc. to complement its supply chain, protective packaging solutions, cross-selling prospects, as well as engineering, sustainability, and automation capabilities.
- Mondi Group
- LINPAC Packaging
- Amcor Ltd.
- Sealed Air.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients For Food Packaging Market
The global market can be segmented based on the following:
By Agent Type
- Chemical antimicrobial agents:
- benzoic acid
- potassium sorbate
- Natural antimicrobial agents:
By Food Type
- Baby food
- Fresh food
By Packaging Film Type
- Low density polyethylene (LDPE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Polyethylene (PE).
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Antimicrobial Packaging Ingredients for Food Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)