This Antimicrobial Coated Medical Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Antimicrobial Coated Medical Devices market.
Pathogens are the leading cause of the healthcare associated infections (HAIs) which pose an ongoing and increasing challenge to the healthcare industry for clinical treatment and avoiding cross contamination of the pathogens. In 2011, a survey conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for healthcare associated infections (HAIs), stated that about 722,000 cases of infections were recorded which resulted in around 75,000 patients died during their hospital stays.
The antimicrobial coating is considered as a powerful weapon against the healthcare associated infections. The antimicrobial coating features a highly effective viable antimicrobial coating and modifications precisely dosed and delivered right from the surface of the medical device. Antimicrobial coating targets reduction of accumulation on biomedical devices through changing interfacial characteristics.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The increasing awareness about the nosocomial infections i.e. hospital-acquired bacterial and microbial infections led to the demand of the antimicrobial coated medical devices and expected to be the growth opportunity for the market.
The global antimicrobial coated medical devices market is segmented on the basis of device type and type of coating material.
The global antimicrobial coated medical devices market is expected to register a significant CAGR over a forecast period.
The increasing use of the biocompatible material in medicinal technology leads to the risk associated with their prolonged applications and bacterial colonization, biofilm formation and development of hospital-acquired infections such as nosocomial infections are the major factors boost the demand for the antimicrobial coated medical devices and drives the growth of the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market. The rising incidences of cardiovascular diseases and disorders and increasing applications of antimicrobial coated medical devices are also anticipated to propel the demand for the antimicrobial coated medical devices and drives the global market. The increasing research and development activities and innovations in the antimicrobial coating process also expected to bolster the growth of the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market. The advanced medical infrastructure and facilities also expected to propel the demand for antimicrobial coated medical devices, drives the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market over a forecast period.
However, the stringent rules and regulations, unfavorable reforms for the material and process used for antimicrobial coating for medical devices is the major factor hamper the growth of the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market. The limitations for the metallic coating such as silver coating and copper coating due to the antimicrobial resistance and the high cost related to the coating process also restrict the demand for the antimicrobial coating and restrain the growth of the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market over the forecast period.
On the basis of regional presence, the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market is segmented into five key regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
The North America is dominating and contributed the leading shares to the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market in terms of revenue and expected to register a significant growth over a forecast period due to the awareness and increasing preference of advanced antimicrobial coated medical devices over conventional procedures for the patient safety purpose. The Europe has also contributed the moderate shares and registered a healthy growth rate to the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market followed by North America. The APEJ has become the lucrative market for antimicrobial coated medical devices and anticipated to register significant shares over the forecast period due to the increasing demand of antimicrobial coated medical devise and developing medical infrastructure in the region. The Latin America and MEA are at a nascent stage to the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market and expected to show a moderate growth over a forecast period.
Antimicrobial Coated Medical Devices Market: Key Participants
Some of the market players in antimicrobial coated medical devices Market globally include AST products, Inc., Covalon Technologies Ltd., BASF SE, Bio Interaction Ltd., Royal DSM, Sciessent LLC., Specialty Coating Systems, INc., Hydromer Inc., The Dow Chemical Company, Specialty Coating Systems and Biocote, PPG Industies, Inc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Antimicrobial Coated Medical Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of device type, the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market is segmented into:
- Surgical instruments
- Implantable devices
On the basis of coating material, the global antimicrobial coated medical devices market is segmented into:
- Metallic coating
- Silver coating
- Copper coating
- Other metal coating
- Non-metallic coating
- Polymeric coating
- Organic coating
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global antimicrobial coated medical devices market segments
- Global antimicrobial coated medical devices market dynamics
- Historical actual market size, 2014 - 2016
- Global antimicrobial coated medical devices market size & forecast 2017 to 2025
- Global antimicrobial coated medical devices market current trends/issues/challenges
- Competition & companies involved
- Global antimicrobial coated medical devices market drivers and restraints
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Antimicrobial Coated Medical Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Antimicrobial Coated Medical Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Antimicrobial Coated Medical Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Antimicrobial Coated Medical Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)