This Arachidonic Acid market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Arachidonic Acid market.
Arachidonic acid is a polyunsaturated fatty acid present in the human cell membranes. It reacts with the molecule Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) and forms a nutritious compound which is responsible for cognitive and behavioral functions in the humans. Arachidonic acid is metabolized in the body through dietary intake, especially through a fatty acid-rich food, however, this ability is not developed in newborn babies. The arachidonic acid is highly concentrated in the skeletal muscles in the body. Newborn babies consume arachidonic acid through breast milk. To address this inadequacy in infants, especially amongst those infants who are deprived of breast milk, food manufacturers have extracted arachidonic acid from various sources and incorporated arachidonic acid in products such as infant formulae. Amongst adult arachidonic acid is consumed by athletes and body-builders. Arachidonic acid is used to relieve muscular pain that is felt after the first workout.
Demand for Specialty Infant Formulae Is Propelling the Growth for Arachidonic Acid Market
Due to the changing lifestyle and hectic time schedules, the mother-baby culture has changed drastically. New mothers are employing time for earning and hence, breastfeeding time for babies has reduced. Hence, the demand for arachidonic acid, which plays an important role in the development of the brain and visual cognitive processing in babies, has been incorporated in the infant formulae products and fed to babies. New parents are also on the lookout for specialty infant formulae products which ensures the required arachidonic acid supply in the babies. The rising demand for n-6 PUFAs in the commercial market has also led to the rise in the demand for arachidonic acid
Regulatory bodies have played an important role in the arachidonic acid market, as approval of the arachidonic acid has opened gateways for arachidonic acid manufacturers to tap into the market potential. For instance, in 2017, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) approved the use of DHA and arachidonic acid in infant food which encouraged dairy ingredient manufacturer Danone S.A. to launch infant formulae products containing arachidonic acid in India. Manufacturers are aiming to expand across the globe by importing rather than establishing manufacturing facilities. Similar approval by the European Commission opened gateways for Cargill Inc. to expand in Europe. The consumption of arachidonic acid is approved only in infant formulae but is not approved in any other types of foods. Currently, manufacturers across the globe are rigorously focusing on building on bioengineering and expanding applications of arachidonic acid in the food industry by overcoming safety issues.
The production and development of the arachidonic acid take place on a large scale by North America and also dominates the market in terms of consumption as well. However, the production facilities for the arachidonic acid are located at places like China, due to easy availability of raw material. North America also caters to the demand of the European arachidonic acid demand. Slow growth is anticipated in the Middle Eastern and African region due to low intake of infant formula and dietary supplements. Awareness for arachidonic acid is also low in these areas amongst food processing companies. With expansions taking place in countries like India, there is a booming demand for arachidonic acid in the Asia Pacific and a very high growth is projected in this region.
Arachidonic Acid Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the arachidonic acid market are:
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Cayman Chemical
- The Merck Group
- Suntory Beverage & Food Limited
- BASF SE
- Mead Johnson
- Nestlé S.A.
- Abbott Nutrition
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the arachidonic acid market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as source and form.
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Arachidonic Acid Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Arachidonic Acid Market Segmentation
The arachidonic acid market is segmented on the basis of form and source.
On the basis of product type, the arachidonic acid market is segmented into-
On the basis of source, the arachidonic acid market is segmented into-
On the basis of end use, the arachidonic acid market is segmented into-
- Infant Formulae
- Sports Supplements
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the arachidonic acid market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the arachidonic acid market
- Competitive landscape of the arachidonic acid market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on arachidonic acid market performance
- Must-have information for arachidonic acid market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Arachidonic Acid Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Arachidonic Acid Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Arachidonic Acid Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Arachidonic Acid Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)