This Automatic Transmission market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automatic Transmission market.
Transmission system provides required torque delivery from the engine to the driven vehicle. Transmission system uses set of pulleys or gears to ensure the required speed and alternating torque from engine to the wheel of the vehicle. Automatic transmission has several advantages such as transferring power from engine to wheel, easy to handle, etc. Automatic transmission shifts the gear ratios automatically and hence make the task easy for the driver. Process of automatic transmission involves the transmission of engine torque so that upshift and downshift are managed automatically without any assistance of driver. Automatic transmission system are gaining demand in the developing economies as it is easy to handle and maintain as compared to manual automatic system. Automatic transmission make it easy to drive in heavy traffic by adjusting the gear automatically. Consumers’ main preference is to focus on the fuel efficient system without compromising with the efficiency of the vehicle. Automatic transmission is preferred over the manual one because of its prominent features of higher fuel efficiency, better comfort and increased power. Automatic transmission enhances driving experience due to improved acceleration and auto gear shifting. Rising fuel prices has shifted the focus of the consumer towards more efficient fuel systems. Technological advancement has led to the launch of 9-speed automatic transmission, continuous variable transmission and dual shaft gearboxes. Convenience and comfort offered by automatic transmission system is one of the most prominent driver to accelerate the growth of automatic transmission global market. The main reasons for opting for this technology are fuel efficiency, augmented power requirements, growing demand for vehicle performance and growing comfort levels. However, higher preliminary cost and low implementation rates in high volume markets have restrained the development of new technologies.
Market Dynamics: Automatic Transmission Global Market
The Automatic Transmission market is estimated to gain traction in the market over the forecast period owing to its significant drivers such as significant innovation processing technologies and introduction of fuel efficient. However, there are others factors which also expected to drive the demand of automatic transmission such as, growing automotive industrial sector in emerging and developed regions, increasing awareness about the benefits of automatic transmission system, growing consumer consciousness concerning environment-friendly and comfort. Manufacturers have strong opportunity to introduce innovative transmission system which are being manufactured to provide transitioning consumer demands of fuel effective & high-performance vehicles. Automotive and construction industries are expected to fuel the demand of automatic transmission in between the forecast period. The trend in the automatic transmission market is increase in demand of heavy-duty vehicles utilized for agriculture & building activities, rising population across the world in line with this growing spending on infrastructure is also expected to create new trend in the industry growth. On the basis of application, heavy-duty vehicles segment is expected to remain the dominant with more than half of the market value and volume share in 2016. The major manufacturers in the automatic transmission market which have extensive presence globally dominating the market with their extensive distribution network along with their innovative product portfolio is a key driving factor for the growth of automatic transmission market. Growing consumer preferences towards less carbon emission control vehicles has encouraged the manufacturers to achieve the minimum fuel efficiency and to continue this manufacturers has tie ups with OEM to develop specific product for automotive. Lack of awareness about the advantages of the automatic transmission system is acting as a restraint for the global automatic transmission system.
Regional Outlook: Automatic Transmission Global Market
Growing automotive sector in Asia Pacific is expected to grow with healthy CAGR over the forecast period, countries like India and China are the growing countries and are expected to gain traction in the forecast period. Stringent fuel efficiency and emission regulation in the North America and Europe are increasing the demand of automatic transmission vehicle. Middle East and Africa is expected to gain healthy market value share in automatic transmission market over forecasted period.
Key Market players: Automatic Transmission Global Market
Some of the key players in the polyurethanes additives market are:
- Toyota Corporation
- Volkswagen AG
- Magna Powertrain
- Jatco Ltd.
- Aisin Seiki Co.
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Getrag Corporate Group
- Continental AG
- Delphi Automotive
- Aston Martin
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automatic Transmission Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Market Segmentation: Automatic Transmission Global Market
The Automatic Transmission market is segmented on the basis of product types, classification and application
On the basis of Vehicle types, the Automatic Transmission market is segmented into:
- Passenger Car
- LCV (Light Commercial Vehicle)
- HCV (Heavy Commercial Vehicle)
On the basis of fuel type, the Automatic Transmission market is segmented into:
- Others (Electric Vehicle, PHEV, etc.)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automatic Transmission Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automatic Transmission Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automatic Transmission Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automatic Transmission Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.