This Automotive Turbo Compounding Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Turbo Compounding Systems market.
Global turbo compounding systems are used to increase the efficiency of the engines. These systems use a turbine to harness energy from exhaust gas in order to pump air into the engine so as to increase power output in diesel and gas engines. Turbo compounding systems thus help increase power output, improve fuel economy and reduce emissions. Power turbine can be linked with crankshaft by either mechanical or electrical methods. In electrical turbo compounding (ETC) systems, the turbine is connected to a generator where the mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy that can be stored in batteries and used to increase the engine’s output through a motor or power ancillaries. ETC systems can be further classified as serial turbo compounding, parallel turbo compounding, and electric assisted turbo compounding systems. Turbo compounding systems are used in motorsport racing engines, heavy vehicle engines, aircraft engines, and gen sets (stationary generator sets). The gen sets are relatively novel application for such systems. Use of fossil fuels for power generation, especially in developing economies, is expected to continue for decades. The global need to reduce CO2 will propel the use of ETC systems in gen sets to provide cleaner and energy efficient solutions. The F1 racing engines are currently using these systems to help power the advanced energy recovery systems. The adoption of turbo compounding system technology in this application is increasing with the technology innovation in electric turbo compounding technology. The electric turbo compounding is estimated to enter into passenger cars and commercial vehicles in future. Hybrid autos are anticipated to easily adopt the technologies as they are equipped with battery and battery traction engine to store the recovered energy from the exhaust waste.
Global Turbo compounding Systems Market Dynamics
The global turbo compounding systems market is expected to be driven by implementation of stringent regulations pertaining to emissions and fuel economy for vehicles in order to reduce CO2 emissions across the globe. Turbo compounding systems help achieve improved efficiency, reduced emissions and an optimum power output. Thus, increasing efforts on the part of automotive companies towards improving efficiency of engines without having to compromise on their power output is another factor that is expected to drive the adoption and growth of global turbo compounding systems market over the forecast period. The increasing electricity demand is also a one of the prominent factors driving global turbo compounding systems market growth.
The turbo compounding systems technology is in its nascent phase and is not extensively commercialized yet. Its use, as of now, is limited to heavy vehicles and motorsport engines. Wide-scale commercialization of turbo compounding systems involves certain technological limitations such as heat recovery and packaging constraints associated with these systems. Besides, the higher cost associated with these systems is another restraining factor for global turbo compounding systems market
Global Turbo compounding Systems Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the Global turbo compounding systems market can be divided by major regions which include North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific region, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America and Europe accounted for a major share in the global turbo compounding market due to the technological adoption rate in these regions. The turbo compounding market in Asia-Pacific is projected to grow with fastest rate in near future. The application of these systems in power generation as gen sets is anticipated to drive the market growth in this region.
Global Turbo Compounding Systems Market Players
Some of the major players operating in global turbo compounding systems market include Bowman Power Group, Voith Turbo GmbH & Co KG, Mitec Automotive AG, and others. The companies are channelizing efforts towards research & development so as to make the system more economic. Manufacturers such as John Deere and Caterpillar are currently having turbo compounding systems under development phase.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Turbo Compounding Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Turbo compounding Systems Market Segmentation
The global turbo compounding market is segmented on the basis of product type and application
On the basis of product type, the global turbo compounding system market is segmented as
- Mechanical turbo compounding systems
- Electrical turbo compounding systems
On the other hand, based on application, the global turbo compounding systems market is segmented in to following key market segments
- Motorsport/ racing engines
- Heavy vehicles engine
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Turbo Compounding Systems Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Turbo Compounding Systems Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Turbo Compounding Systems Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Turbo Compounding Systems Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.