This Ballistic Protection Materials market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ballistic Protection Materials market.
In general terms, when we talk of weapons, only offensive weapons are usually taken into account. But this is not so the case. Weapon could be any kind of equipment that can be used during combat. By this definition, weapons can be classified into two categories. One category is comprised of the defensive weapons. With the support of these, the delicate parts of the body e.g. head, chest etc. are protected against attacks. The other category includes the offensive weapons which are used for damaging the opponents.
The protective clothing which is utilized to defend soldiers or individuals from bullets, ammos and fragments of exploded materials, in generic terms, is called the ballistic protection. With the development of newer and more damaging weapons by the passage of time, the need for better protective clothing came into picture, which is not only light in weight but also can protect the human body from severe damages. For this purpose, many advanced materials and fibres have been developed over the time to increase protection against offensive weapons.
Ballistic protection materials are used to manufacture several protective equipment which include helmets, body armours, armours for vehicles etc.
With the growing external defence systems of almost every country in the world, the demand for protective equipment is increasing globally, which in turn is expected to increase the demand for ballistic protection materials. Because of the growing defence industry, the ballistic protection materials’ market is anticipated to register a significant growth during the forecast period of 2015-2025.
Drivers and Restraints
Social tensions are always present in all regions of the world either from the external or internal sources or due to other reasons. The un-socialistic elements of the society force the governments to be always prepared for the protection of their people. Whilst the preparation for this protection, ballistic protection materials play a significant role and are used in significant amounts.
Terrorism too is one of the biggest threat as well as malign factor in the modern times that has left not even the tiniest part of the world untouched from its grasp. To eradicate, prevent and get protective from such activities, the government needs high level protection for its defense forces. This kind of high level protection requires the use of ballistic protection materials which can help to protect people from severe damages.
Geographically, global ballistic protection materials market is segmented into seven main regions, which are North America, Latin America, Middle East & Africa, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific and Japan. North America is the prime region in the global ballistic protection materials market followed by Europe. Additionally, Asia-pacific is expected to rise as a significant region in the global ballistic protection market over the period of 2015-2025.
The major players in the ballistic protection materials market are as following:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- FY-Composites Oy
- TEIJIN LIMITED
- BAE Systems
- Koninklijke Ten Cate nv.
- Morgan Advanced Materials plc
- ArmorSource LLC
- Ceradyne, Inc.
- Rheinmetall AG
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Supply & Demand
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Manufacturing Technology
- Market Value Chain
The report covers exhaustive analysis on: Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ballistic Protection Materials Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The global ballistic protection materials market is segmented on the basis of following categories:
- On The Basis Of Product Group
- On The Basis Of Armour Type
- On The Basis Of Applications
- On The Basis Of End-user
On the basis of product gorup, the ballistic protection materials market is segmented as the following:
- Poly-ethylene (PE) Based
- Aramid (Aromatic Amide) Based
On the basis of armour type, the ballistic protection materials market is segmented as the following:
On the basis of applications, the ballistic protection materials market is segmented as the following:
- Body Armour
- Face Protection
- Vehicle Armour
On the basis of end-user, the ballistic protection materials market is segmented as the following:
- Homeland Security
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Ballistic Protection Materials Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Ballistic Protection Materials Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Ballistic Protection Materials Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Ballistic Protection Materials Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.