Global Brewery Equipment Market to Reach US$ 28.9 Bn by 2030
The global brewery equipment market is projected to reach US$ 28.9 Bn by the end of 2030. The market was valued at US$ 18 Bn in 2020. If these figures hold true, the market will exhibit a CAGR of 4.8% between 2020 and 2030. The rising number of microbreweries as well as the brew pubs have pushed the brewery equipment market significantly. The other factors which drive the global market for brewery equipment are growing consumer preferences for premium and specialty beer compared to conventional beer or other alcoholic beverages.
Brewery Equipment Market - Key Research Findings
- The brewery equipment market will surge at a CAGR of 4.8% between 2020 and 2030.
- Growing popularity of beer crops is also expected to fuel global demand for brewery equipment over the forecast period.
- The shift from traditional beer to craft beer has led to a rise in the number of micro-breweries and pubs globally, which in turn fuels the demand for brewery equipment.
- Europe has seen an increasing shift towards low-alcohol or non-alcoholic beer due to health benefits. This will have impact on the brewery equipment market in the region
- Rising demand for craft beer is a crucial driver for the global market growth.
- Stiff competition from global producers and top-notch players providing cost-effective brewery equipment is a challenge for players operating in the global market.
Factors Shaping the Brewery Equipment Market
- Expansion of Beer Brewing Industry Will Invariably Bolster Demand
- The demand for premium and flavourful beer produced in small batches has risen. Consumers are moving from conventional beer to craft beer. This has resulted in an increase in the number of micro-breweries and brewpubs worldwide. Demand for brewery equipment is growing due to the rise in the number of micro-breweries, which in turn drives the overall demand for equipment in craft breweries.
- Amid the outbreak of COVID-19, numerous precautionary steps are being taken worldwide to encourage social distancing. The current situation has dramatically affected shoppers' overall consumption habits. Nowadays customers are more likely to live indoors. In addition, lock-downs enforced by various governments have shuttered restaurants and pubs. Extended period of lockdown is proving detrimental for these businesses. Even when the coronavirus passes, consumers are unlikely to publically gather in restaurants, pubs and malls anytime soon. With the hospitality sector losing out on business, the brewery equipment market may be at the cusp of embarking on a tough journey ahead. Nonetheless, once economies limp back to normalcy, the business in the brewery equipment market will pick up.
- Compressors to Remain in High Demand among Equipment types
- Compressors are used at different stages of brewing in craft breweries. They are used during fermentation to produce compressed air for aeration which is an essential stage of the brewing process. The air from the compressor is often used to supply power to beer clearing equipment and to extract solid particles. Additionally, the use of compressed air during beer bottling and carbonation. The other functions of compressed air are the creation of oxygen, the pushing out of the container of yeast and beer, and cleaning and sanitation. The market for the compressors remains strong due to its multifunctional attributes. Furthermore, due to increased usage, performance decreases, leading to an increase in replacement.
- Manufacturers Adopting Innovative Strategies to Boost Growth
- Increasing acquisition activities between craft breweries and large multinational breweries are enabling the market growth in European countries. Various manufacturers are now focussing on providing new flavour and taste in quality beverages. Their focus on value addition in its current product portfolio is a key factor driving the market.
Brewery Equipment Market - Structure Analysis
- Several macro-brewing equipment manufacturers concentrate on providing enhanced beer quality. As a result they are looking for enhancing production efficiency through the implementation of advanced technologies. Market players see this as an opportunity to growth.
- LEHUI offers fermentation tanks made using cutting-edge space technology. Similarly various other companies offer advanced technologies to stay ahead in the competition.
Base year considered
Actual estimates/Historical data
2014 – 2018
2019 - 2029
Market Value in 2019
US$ 28.9 Bn
End-user, Material Type, Mode of Operation and Region
North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and MEA
GEA Group AG, Deutsche Beverage Technology, Krones AG, Lehui Craft, Della Toffola Spa., Prospero Equipment Corporation, Brewbilt Manufacturing LLC, JV Northwest, Inc., Ximo Beer Brewing Equipment, Meura, Meto Brewery Equipment, Inc., Ziemann Holvrieka GmbH, Smart Machine Technologies, Inc, Caspary GmbH, Quality Tank Solutions, Craft Kettle Brewing Equipment, Blichmann Engineering, LLC, and Criveller Group
Fermentation Equipment Segment to Account for the Largest Share
The segment of fermentation equipment is expected to account for the largest market share. It is due to the fermentation process, as the wort is kept in the tanks for a few weeks and acid is released as a by-product during this period, thus raising the chances of tank deterioration. Since the tanks are occupied during the cycle for a longer period of time, there could be a need for more tanks by macro-breweries to increase efficiency. The fermentation equipment is projected to account for a greater market share due to these factors.
In terms of size, the market can be classified into small-sized, mid-sized, and large-sized. Of these, small-sized equipment are likely to witness considerably high demand. Furthermore, the segment will grow at an impressive pace over the course of the report’s forecast period.
Europe is Estimated to Dominate the Brewery Equipment Market
Due to various health benefits Europe is experiencing a growing trend of low or no alcohol beer. In addition, the region is witnessing the presence of leading beer producers including Anheuser-Busch InBev (Belgium), SABMiller (Belgium), Heineken N.V. (Dutch), and A / S Carlsberg (Denmark). Also contributing to the European brewery equipment market is the growing demand for premium and craft beer in the region, especially in the UK and Germany.
Increasing acquisition activities between craft breweries and multinational large breweries is a factor to propel growth of the target market in European countries. For instance; In January 2018, GEA Group Germany-based acquired Vipoll Slovenia-based, which is a beverage filling equipment and technology company. This acquisition was done with intention to broaden and strengthen the GEA Group position among the global beverage industries. As well as this acquisition extended GEA Group’s current product portfolio of beverage packaging equipment & technology.
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.
Rising Demand for Beer Consumption Aiding in Growth
The global demand for brewery equipment is driven by increased beer consumption, increased plant capacity, increased investment by the brewery processing sector and expansion of the product line by major brewery companies. In addition, prominent players are focusing on expansion of business by installing new brewery plants across the globe which is expected to propel the market in the coming years. Increasing preferences towards microbrewery or craft brewery owing to its unique taste among individuals is proliferating high demand for brewery equipment which in turn is a factor to support growth of the global market. Rapidly growing brewpubs will drive the demand for brewery equipment, as this equipment will provide brewed beer on the premises thus supporting the target market growth in the near future.
Nevertheless, the refurbishing of old equipment to upgrade, extend or renovate brewery facilities and operations is a major constraint on the global demand for brewery equipment. Nonetheless, developments in the design of brewery equipment and the penetration of e-commerce are expected to create major opportunities for the market in brewery equipment.
Macro brewery segment held the leading market share
Micro brewery segment forecast to higher rate of growth
Stainless steel segment held lion’s share in the market
Aluminium segment to remain the second-lead
Automatic segment holds dominance
Semi-automatic segment to rise at a higher CAGR
How Growth will Unfold
The massive increase in the microbreweries & brewpubs in both the developed as well as emerging economies is likely to drive the market surge. In addition to this, the growing consumer trend for craft beer and artisanal over a traditional beer or other alcoholic beverages is projected to positively leverage the expansion of the brewery equipment industry over the years to come. Apart from this, the introduction of new products will further boost the industry size. Moreover, the escalating requirement of advanced and durable brewery device for beer manufacturers is likely to culminate in the huge market demand in the forthcoming years.
On the downside, huge capital investments, maintenance charges, and growing energy costs are likely to obstruct the progress of the brewery equipment industry over the upcoming years. Nonetheless, rising focus on digitization of the beer manufacturing processes by key business players will offer new growth avenues for the market. This, in turn, will minimize the negative impacts of the hindrances on the market over the forthcoming years. Besides this, strategies adopted by the leading market players are likely to have a strong impact in the coming years.
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.Click Here To Know How The Growth Will Unfold
Custom Market Research Services
FMI offers custom market research services that help clients to get information on their business scenario required where syndicated solutions are not enough.
Brewery Equipment Market: Global Industry Analysis 2015-2019 & Opportunity Assessment 2020-2030
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights on the Brewery Equipment market offers global industry analysis for 2015-2019 & opportunity assessment for 2019-2029. The study offers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting a thorough research on the historical, as well as current growth parameters of the Brewery Equipment market, the growth prospects of the market are obtained with maximum precision.
Brewery Equipment Market Taxonomy
The global Brewery Equipment market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to readers.
- Fermentation equipment
- Brew house equipment
- Control & Monitoring
- Filling & Packaging
- Mashing equipment
- Milling equipment
- Filtration system
- Fittings & Valves system
- Stainless steel
- Mild steel
Mode of Operation
- Semi automatic
- Macro brewery
- Micro brewery
- Farm brewery
- Regional breweries
- North America
- Latin America
The executive summary of the Brewery Equipment market includes the market proprietary wheel of fortune, demand-side and supply-side trends, opportunity assessment, and recommendations on the global Brewery Equipment market.
Readers can find the detailed segmentation and definition of the Brewery Equipment market in this chapter, which will help them understand basic information about the Brewery Equipment market. This section also highlights the inclusions and exclusions, which help the reader understand the scope of the Brewery Equipment market report.
The associated industry assessment of the Brewery Equipment market is carried out in this section. The macroeconomic factors affecting growth of the Brewery Equipment market are provided in this section and the impact of these macroeconomic indicators on the Brewery Equipment market is analyzed. The processing overview and technological advancements in the Brewery Equipment market is also provided.
Profit margins at each level of the Brewery Equipment market are analyzed and readers can find detailed information on top importers and exporters as well as the value chain of the Brewery Equipment market.
The drivers and restraints impacting the growth of the Brewery Equipment market are explained in this chapter. Opportunities and ongoing trends in the Brewery Equipment market are also comprehensively discussed.
This chapter includes detailed analysis of the historical Brewery Equipment market (2015-2019), along with an opportunity analysis for the forecast period (2020-2030). Readers can also find the absolute $ opportunity for the current year (2019 - 2020) and incremental opportunity for the forecast period (2020-2030).
Based on Product type, the Brewery Equipment market is classified into fermentation equipment, brew house equipment, carbonation, control & monitoring equipment, filling and packaging equipment, mashing equipment, filtration system, milling equipment, fittings & valves system. This part also offers market attractiveness analysis based on Product type.
Based on Material Type, the Brewery Equipment market is classified into Brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel and mild steel. This part also offers market attractiveness analysis based on Material Type.
Based on Mode of operation, the Brewery Equipment market is classified into automatic, manual and semi- automatic. This part also offers market attractiveness analysis based on Mode of operation.
Based on Application, the Brewery Equipment market is classified into macro brewery, micro brewery, brewpub, farm brewery, and regional breweries . This part also offers market attractiveness analysis based on Application.
This chapter explains how the Brewery Equipment market is anticipated to grow across various geographic regions such as North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, and Middle East and Africa.
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the Brewery Equipment market in North America, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on end users and countries in the North America region.
Readers can find detailed information about several factors, such as the pricing analysis and regional trends, which are impacting growth of the Brewery Equipment market in Latin America. This chapter also includes growth prospects of the Brewery Equipment market in leading LATAM countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of Latin America.
Important growth prospects of the Brewery Equipment market based on its end users in several countries such as Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic,Russia, Poland, and the Rest of Western Europe are included in this chapter.
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the Brewery Equipment market in the East Asia region, along with a country-wise assessment that includes Japan, China, and South Korea. Readers can also find regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on end users and countries in the APEJ region.
In this chapter, readers can find information about key trends and developments in the key countries of South Asia such as India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and Rest of South Asia Brewery Equipment market.
This chapter offers insights into how the Brewery Equipment market is expected to grow in major countries in the Middle East region such as Australia and New Zealand, during the forecast period 2020-2030.
This chapter contains information about the market growth of Brewery Equipment in Middle East region such as GCC Countries, South Africa, North Africa, and the Rest of Middle East, during the forecast period 2020-2030.
In this chapter, readers can find detailed information about tier analysis and market concentration of the key players in the Brewery Equipment market along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio.
In this chapter, readers can find a comprehensive list of leading manufacturers in the Brewery Equipment market, along with detailed information about each company, which includes company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are GEA Group AG, Deutsche Beverage Technology, Krones AG, Lehui Craft, Della Toffola Spa., Prospero Equipment Corporation, Brewbilt Manufacturing LLC, JV Northwest, Inc., Ximo Beer Brewing Equipment, Meura, Meto Brewery Equipment, Inc., Ziemann Holvrieka GmbH, Smart Machine Technologies, Inc, Caspary GmbH, Quality Tank Solutions, Craft Kettle Brewing Equipment, Blichmann Engineering, LLC, and Criveller Group.
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provide a base to the information and statistics included in the Brewery Equipment report.
This chapter helps readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions, as well as important qualitative and quantitative information, on the Brewery Equipment market.
How the research was conducted?
- C - Level Executives
- Marketing Directors
- Sales Heads
- Production Managers
- Distributors Heads
- Sales Executives
- Product Manufacturers
- Industry Experts
- End Users
- Current Market Dynamics and Challenges
- Market Characteristics
- Market Performance and Growth Quadrants
- Competition Structure and Market Structure
- Strategic Growth Initiatives
- Near-term and Long-term Market Growth Prospects
- Market Segment Splits and Authenticity
- Opinions on Market Projections and Validity Of Assumptions
- Industry Publications
- Industrial Week
- Industrial Product Review
- Industrial Magazine
- Industry Associations
- Dieticians Association
- Food and Agriculture Organization
- Company Press Releases
- Annual Reports and Investor Presentations
- Research Papers
- Government Websites and Publications
- Trade Websites
Primary Interview Splits