This Building Thermal Insulation market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Building Thermal Insulation market.
Thermal insulation is the method of reducing heat transfer between adjacent environments and maintaining an ambient temperature indoors. Thermal insulation in buildings helps reduce the carbon footprint as it utilizes less energy to maintain a temperatureand limits the conduction of heat to the external environment. Thermally insulated homes and buildings are less affected by external environmental temperature. Thermal insulation in buildings can be done using various materials such as fiber glass, foamed plastic, and mineral wool among various others such as cotton slag, wool slag, aerogels etc. Foamed plastic insulation materials include expanded polystyrene, extruded polystyrene, polyurethane and other forms of plastic.
Building insulation can be segmented into residential insulation and non-residential insulation. Residential insulation refers to insulation in individual homes (walls, floor, attics and roof); while non-residential insulation includes insulation in offices, factories, institutions, hospitals, shopping malls and other public buildings. Mineral wool was the most preferred insulation method in the past years, but it lost market share to fiber glass and foamed plastic insulation materials. Fiberglass insulation and foamed plastic insulation are the major insulation types that dominate the market. New method of insulation, such as the aerogel technology is expected to witness growth in the future.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
However, there are some factors that restrain the insulation market as well. Plastic foam insulation materials are susceptible to the volatility in crude oil prices in the international market as polystyrene is a downstream derivative of crude oil. This reduces the competitiveness of plastic foams with respect to fiber glass insulation materials. Another raw material which has limited supply is boron, which is required in the manufacturing of fiber glass insulation materials. Most of the boron required is mined from two primary deposits in the U.S. and Turkey. Polyurethane spray foam (SPF) is an effective insulation and air sealant material, but there exists health concerns such as breathing problems, and asthma upon exposure to MDI and other SPF chemicals which are the key ingredients in it.
North America is the largest consumer of insulation materials, and the revived growth in construction industry in the region is expected to drive growth of insulation materials in the region. The insulation market in Europe is mostly dependent upon re-insulation of old buildings. Asia pacific is the fasted growing region for building insulation market, primarily driven by non-residential insulation. The manufacturing economies of China and India, have created a market for insulation materials, while the market in Japan is matured.
Some of the key companies in the building insulation market are Owen Cornings, Johns Manville, Certain Teed, Knauf Gips KG, Dow Building solutions, Atlas Roofing Corporation and Huntsman Corporation among many others.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product types and distribution channels.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Building Thermal Insulation Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size & Forecast 2015 -2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Building Thermal Insulation Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Building Thermal Insulation Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Building Thermal Insulation Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Building Thermal Insulation Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.