Key Research Findings
Commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market size in 2017 – Nearly US$ 135 Mn
Estimated CAGR for the commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market - 5.1% over 2018-2028.
Regulatory framework mandates installation of commercial aircraft video surveillance systems.
Global organizations, such as ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), Federal Aviation Administration, European Aviation Safety Agency, International Aerospace Quality Group, European Aerospace Quality Group and others, have made it mandatory for aircrafts to be installed with commercial aircraft video surveillance systems, the most recommended among which are cabin and cockpit surveillance systems.
Growing terrorist activities and cyber threats coupled with increasing cases of passenger misbehavior have led to a noteworthy rise in demand for commercial aircraft video surveillance systems in recent years.
IATA (International Air Transport Association) projects the number of air travel passengers to double between 2016 and 2035 - i.e. from around 3.8 billion to more than 7 billion, with significant growth in the commercial tourism industry. This, in turn, will drive the demand for commercial aircraft video surveillance systems.
Demand for commercial aircrafts is anticipated to be more than 2X over next two decades. The number of jet planes will also nearly double, reaching 48,000 by 2037, and the single aisle (narrow body) aircrafts will account for ~70% of this demand. This is another important factor that will generate noteworthy demand for commercial aircraft video surveillance systems during the forecast period.
Air cargo represents over 35% of the global trade by value. Major end-use industries, such as pharmaceutical companies rely on air transport owing to improved speed and efficiency in transporting high value, time and temperature sensitive drugs, particularly vaccination products such as Anti Infective Vaccines. This has been resulting in rising demand for commercial aircraft video surveillance systems from freighter planes.
North America will hold a relatively dominant share in global commercial aircraft video surveillance market.
The regional mandate compelling installation of commercial aircraft video surveillance systems in all new aircraft deliveries as well as retrofitting of the same in the existing fleet will remain the key reason for market growth in this region.
APAC and MEA, with significantly growing aircraft production, are likely to generate high demand for commercial aircraft video surveillance systems.
Cockpit door surveillance systems and ground maneuvering camera systems market gaining traction.
These type of systems have been made a mandatory feature in almost all aircrafts. There has also been growth in sales of cabin commercial aircraft video surveillance systems owing to Increasing cases of passenger misbehavior with crew and other fellow passengers. Using these commercial aircraft video surveillance systems, crew members can record video and store it for a duration of 1-6 months.
Top Three Factors Shaping Commercial Aircraft Video Surveillance Systems Market
Growing Industrial Production, Increasing E-Commerce Activities, & Flourishing Global Trade to Push Demand for Cargo Planes
There has been significant growth in the number of freighter planes due to expanding E-Commerce and pharmaceutical sectors and outperforming global trade growth since 2014. Major E-Commerce players, such as Amazon, Alibaba, eBay, amongst others, also trust air transport for express deliveries. Companies must ensure proper supply chain management. Aircraft owners must also make all efforts to protect belongings/parcels from getting damaged while loading and unloading. This will generate noteworthy demand for commercial aircraft video surveillance systems.
Advanced Night Vision Cameras and HD Cameras Trending in Commercial Aircraft Video Surveillance Systems Market
Manufacturers are focusing on the development of advanced night vision cameras and high definition cameras with day/night capability to address all cabin conditions. This has been a major focus area for the key companies in commercial aircraft video surveillance systems marketplace.
Global Commercial Aircraft Video Surveillance Systems Market Structure Analysis
The global Commercial Aircraft Video Surveillance Systems market is a consolidated market wherein Tier 1 companies hold more than 60-70% revenue share.
- Top companies in the Commercial Aircraft Video Surveillance Systems market include Securaplane Technologies Inc. (Meggitt Plc), UTC (United Technologies Corporation), Airbus S.A.S., AD Aerospace, Global Airworks Inc., Latecoere Group, navAero AB, Orbit Technologies Ltd., Cabin Avionics Limited and Kappa Optronics GmbH
- As a part of their business strategy, prominent commercial aircraft video surveillance systems players have been focusing on gaining market share in North America and Europe markets as these two regions account for dominant share in terms of aircraft fleet and production
- Some of the commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market players have also shown keen interest in expanding their geographical presence in Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific regions with growing aircraft production to cater to the increasing number of air travel passengers
- As a differentiating strategy, commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market participants are focusing on cost reduction and development of highly efficient camera systems
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- What is the size of the commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market?
The commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market was valued at US$ 140.4 million in 2018. The projected growth rate for the commercial aircraft video surveillance systems industry is a healthy 5.1% CAGR between 2018 and 2028.
- Which are the largest markets for commercial aircraft video surveillance systems?
North America will hold a dominant share of the market for commercial aircraft video surveillance systems. Security concerns over potential for domestic or international terrorism is a key aspect driving adoption.
- Which are the top companies in commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market?
Kappa Optronics GmbH, Securaplane Technologies Inc., Cabin Avionics Ltd., orbit Technologies Ltd., UTC, navAero AB, Airbus SAS, Global Airworks Inc., and AD Aerospace are among the leading market players in the global commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market.
- What are the uses of commercial aircraft video surveillance systems?
Commercial aircraft video surveillance systems are primarily used in the security inspection and threat prevention. The industry is also gaining in supply chains management for air cargo transport in the e-commerce sector.
- In what types are commercial aircraft video surveillance systems available?
Manufacturers produce commercial aircraft video surveillance systems in four types – cabin surveillance, cargo surveillance, cockpit surveillance, and ground manoeuvring cameras. Cockpit door and ground manoeuvring camera systems are witnessing higher demand.
- What is the outlook of the Asia Pacific commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market?
The demand for commercial aircraft is expected to double by 2040. Also, pharmaceutical companies are increasingly reliant on air transport, especially for temperature sensitive drug formulations. Consequently, the growth in aircraft production in the APAC region will contribute to growth.
- What is the market positioning and key strategies of market players?
The players in the commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market are pushing towards consolidation of their market share in North America and Europe largely to leverage the presence of aircraft manufacturers such as Airbus and Boeing, and in APAC and MEA to meet the needs of growing airline fleets.
Enquiry before Buying
- Is this research conducted by Future Market Insights?
Yes, the commercial aircraft video surveillance systems market research has been conducted by expert analysts of Future Market Insights through a combination of primary research and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to research analyst
- What research methodology is followed by FMI?
FMI follows a methodology that encompasses demand side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through supply side analysis. This methodology is based on use of standard market structure, methods and definitions. Request detailed methodology
- Who are the respondents for primary research?
FMI speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
- What are the sources of secondary research?
FMI conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
- Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample and it will be sent to you through an email.
- How can I buy this report?
FMI provides a secure online payment system to buy report seamlessly. You can buy the report securely and safely.
By Product Type
- Cabin Surveillance systems
- Cargo Surveillance Systems
- Cockpit Surveillance systems
- Ground Maneuvering Camera System
By Aircraft Type
- Narrow Body
- Wide Body
- Regional Jets
- Personal & Passenger Aircrafts
- Logistics & Cargo Aircraft
- Retro Fit
- Line Fit
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia