This Digital Textile Printing Equipment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Digital Textile Printing Equipment market.
Digital Textile Printing Equipment: Market Overview
Digital textile printing is an advanced form of textile printing technology used for the printing of colors on fabric materials. Textile printing was a popular technique in the European culture in the 12th century. It was a popular alternative to hand-woven embroidery which used to print large and ambiguous designs, such as lectern cloths and wall hangings. However, due to the poor quality of ink supplied at the time, the textile printing technology suffered a major setback. In order to cope with the drawbacks of conventional textile printing technology, digital textile printing was introduced in the market place. Increasing preference towards the use of high quality printing technology is driving the demand for digital textile printing equipment across the globe. Rapid expansion of population across the globe, coupled with a rapid rise in income levels in many developing economies, presents ample opportunities for the augmentation of the digital textile printing equipment market in the coming years. Furthermore, the growth of the textile industry globally is anticipated to supplement the growth of the digital textile printing equipment market in the near future. Digital textile printing technology offers numerous added benefits, such as low operational cost, high efficiency and less time consumption for the coloration process. These features make it a viable alternative for obtaining high quality textile printing work.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
However, the initial cost of setup associated with digital textile printing equipment is on the higher side. This may have a negative impact on investor confidence for investing in such advanced technology. Moreover, though it produces high quality print work, but mass production is not possible in the direct to garment printing method. It is believed that digital inks fade faster in comparison to offset inks, which may further derail the growth of the digital textile printing equipment market. But having said that, the advantages associated with digital textile printing technology surpass the disadvantages by a large margin. This sets up the table for significant growth in the demand of digital textile printing equipment in the near future.
Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market: Insights in Brief
The overall textile printing technology market has positive growth prospects, owing to the overall growth of the textile industry in economies of Europe, such as Italy and Spain. Moreover, increasing research and development investment in advancement of digital textile printing technology creates avenues for the growth of the digital textile printing equipment market in the near future. Increasing popularity of polyester as an alternative to cotton as a textile fabric further creates opportunities for digital textile printing equipment providers to augment their business in the near future. Attributing to such significant demand for digital textile printing technology, there is scope for manufacturers to augment their business in the near future.
Digital Textile Printing Equipment: Market Dynamics
Surge in Advertising through Printing on Garments and Apparels
Advertising agencies devise new methods for advertising from time to time. One of these methods is printing on garments and apparels. The direct to garment printing technology is gaining traction in many parts of the world for numerous applications. Moreover, the demand for digital textile printing is also witnessing incremental growth for use in household decor applications. This is anticipated to promote the growth of the digital textile printing market in the coming years. Moreover, digital textile printing offers an added advantage of flexibility of adapting to fashion designs and shortening of lifespan for the coloring operation. This is expected to further boost the demand for the digital textile printing method in the coming years.
Shift towards Sustainable Printing
The concept of sustainability is gaining traction and hence, is being applied and implemented to each and every domain, including textile printing. The demand for sustainable printing technology has grown significantly over the past few years. With the introduction of digital textile printing, cloth waste has reduced significantly. Moreover, the waste generated from the digital textile printing is also relatively less. Mostly importantly, textile digital printing offers energy savings and ink savings. With the emergence of E-commerce as a popular sales channel, the growth of the digital textile printing market is pegged to be on the higher side.
Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global digital textile printing market are Hollanders Printing Systems, DCC Print Vision Llp, Kornit Digital Ltd, Roland DGA Corporation, Mimaki India Private Limited, Monotech Systems Limited, CNT Expositions & Services LLP, Dover Corporation, D-Gen Inc., Konica Minolta, Seiko Epson, Shenzhen HOMER Textile Tech Co., Ltd, Digitex India Inc., Bordeaux Digital PrintInk, and HGS Machines.
Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market: Key Developments
- In 2016, Seiko Epson Corporation announced two new hub sites for developing digital textile printing products. The research lab focusing on ink technology is being developed in collaboration with For.Tex.
- In 2018, Kornit Digital announced the launch of HD printing technology for the avalanche series with an objective of drastically reducing the cost of printing
Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market: Key Opportunities
Shifting trend towards the use of energy-efficient printing technology, coupled with higher efficiency, is anticipated to ramp up the market in the coming years. This is expected to attract new investments in the market, which will further create opportunities for the players to augment their business in the coming years. Furthermore, the demand for vehicle wraps and home furnishing has increased substantially. This is expected to further create opportunities for market players to strengthen their revenue stream in the coming years.
Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market: Regional Outlook
Europe has a strong foothold in the digital textile printing equipment market. The region is expected to further experience substantial growth in the coming years, owing to the increasing growth of the printing industry. Digital printers are being developed at a significant rate in Europe to meet the demand for high quality data printing. Moreover, the textile industry in Asia Pacific is witnessing a rapid boom. This can be attributed to relatively low labor cost in the region, which is further accompanied by initiatives to augment the textile manufacturing capacity. The U.S. has fairly low dominance in the digital textile printing equipment market but growth prospects are positive for the near future.
Brief Approach to Research
FMI will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate digital textile printing equipment market data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, product type and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by a demand-side analysis to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. A detailed analysis of textile printing market is done and conclusions are derived from that to reach a market size of the digital textile printing market. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Digital Textile Printing Equipment: Product Definition and Segmentation
Digital textile printing is a method based on inkjet technology, which is predominantly used for printing colorants onto fabrics. Digital textile printing is usually used to print smaller designs on garments or to print on large rolls of textile fiber. The digital textile printing equipment market can be segmented on the basis of the following criteria:
On the basis of product type, global digital textile printing equipment market can be segmented as:
- Direct to Fabric (DTF)
- Direct to Garment (DTG)
On the basis of consumable ink, global digital textile printing equipment market can be segmented as:
On the basis of sales channel, global digital textile printing equipment market can be segmented as:
- Offline Sales
- Online Shops/Sales
On the basis of application, global digital textile printing equipment market can be segmented as:
- Soft Signage
- Clothing and Sport Wear
- Other textile
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the digital textile printing market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the digital textile printing market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Technology roadmap involved from inception period to present date
- Detailed value chain analysis of the digital textile printing market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the global digital textile printing market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major digital textile printing market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario in the global digital textile printing market
- Analysis of the global digital textile printing market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key digital textile printing market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of top players in the digital textile printing market
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Digital Textile Printing Equipment Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.