This Direct Oral Anticoagulants market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Direct Oral Anticoagulants market.
Direct Oral Anticoagulants: Market Insights
Direct Oral Anticoagulants are rapid and short acting agents which have relatively low bleeding risks and overall safety. Direct oral anticoagulants are alternative choice for blood clot treatment in selected patients. The conventional anticoagulants are warfarin and heparin, however, direct anticoagulants are a new class of medications. Use of direct oral anticoagulants is beneficial over the traditional anticoagulants as they requires monthly blood tests, dietary considerations and careful attention to the uncontrolled bleeding. Whereas, direct oral anticoagulants are highly effective and requires less monitoring and reduce the risk of brain bleed when it is taken for the prevention for stroke. Direct anticoagulants are used in certain health conditions such as atrial fibrillation or for the treatment or prevention of blood clots in the lungs known as deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Direct Oral Anticoagulants: Market Dynamics
Adoption of direct oral anticoagulants over the exciting alternative to warfarin and is used for the first line choice of treatment for venous thromboembolism and atrial fibrillation which is expected to spur the global direct oral anticoagulants market. Growing approval from the FDA and CE mark for the direct oral anticoagulants will further boost the direct oral anticoagulants market in the near future. Rising cases of thrombosis which is the major cause of morbidity and mortality in various parts of the world is expected to further drive the direct oral anticoagulants market in the forecast period.
However, some factors which might restraint the growth of the direct oral anticoagulants include high cost when compared to warfarin and shorter acting dose which makes it important not to miss any doses. Furthermore, stringent regulations for development of drug is expected to restraint the growth of direct oral anticoagulants market.
Direct Oral Anticoagulants: Overview
Rapid adoption and projected usage in the large patient population affected by thrombosis condition will increase the revenue share of the direct oral anticoagulants market. Advances in the quality of anticoagulation therapy by offering alternative to the warfarin will boost the direct oral anticoagulants market. Direct oral anticoagulants offer reliable inter individual efficacy, standardized dosing and it does not require monitoring which create huge potential for the direct oral anticoagulants market to grow in the near future. Further growing incidence of Venous Thromboembolism in the patient suffering from cancer will drive the growth of the direct oral anticoagulants market.
Direct Oral Anticoagulants: Region-wise Outlook
The North America is expected to contribute to a major share in the global direct oral anticoagulants market owing to rapid uptake of new direct oral anticoagulants and increase in atrial fibrillation patients treated with anticoagulants. Increasing number of surgeries and growing prevalence of chronic disease is expected to boost the North America direct oral anticoagulants market. Europe is expected to contribute second largest share in the global direct oral anticoagulants market with a significant growth owing to growing approval for drug development. Growing focus on development of novel therapy for coagulation is expected to drive the direct oral anticoagulants market. Asia Pacific market is mainly driven by the factors such as increasing prevalence cancer and growing risk of venous thrombosis. Growing awareness for the adoption of new therapy and increased usage owing to high patient pool in emerging economies such as India, ASEAN countries is expected to drive the direct oral anticoagulants market. China is expected to register rapid growth in the direct oral anticoagulants owing to development in the new therapy and growing presence of key manufacturer. Latin America and Middle East & Africa market is expected to slow growth in direct oral anticoagulants market, due to lack of awareness and low adoption owing to high price of direct oral anticoagulants market.
Direct Oral Anticoagulants: Key Players
Some of the key players present in the global direct oral anticoagulants market are Bristol-Meyers Squibb Co, Pfizer Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bayer AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Pab Organics Private Limited, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited, among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants market Segments
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 – 2016
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2024
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding China
- Middle East & Africa
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Direct Oral Anticoagulants Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Direct Oral Anticoagulants: Segmentation
The global direct oral anticoagulants market is segmented on basis of drug type, application, end user, and geography.
Segmentation by Drug Type
Segmentation by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Direct Oral Anticoagulants Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Direct Oral Anticoagulants Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Direct Oral Anticoagulants Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Direct Oral Anticoagulants Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)