This Electricity Transmission Infrastructure market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Electricity Transmission Infrastructure market.
Growing electricity concerns, usage of new transmission technology along with use of large central station generating plants (to serve giant areas), the demand for electricity transmission infrastructure is increasing. Spanning across the world, a much-needed attention is required for the electricity transmission infrastructure market. The waves of electricity transmission started in 1900s. Located near demand centres, it is a bulk transmission of electrical energy from generating power plants to electrical substations. Though, it is different from electric power distribution (limited wiring between high-voltage substations and customers). For transmission networks, transmission lines need to be connected with each other. The developing infrastructure market has largely emphasised on the development of electricity transmission infrastructure market. Economic growth, increase in population, policy initiatives, connecting to renewable energy sources are the factors expanding and extending the growth in the electricity transmission infrastructure market.
Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Market: Drivers & Restraints
To add new capacity and better monitoring facilities, new transmission lines are being built and existing systems are retrofitted. Forces such as need for electricity and significant capital investments is considered as one of the biggest driver for the increasing demand of the electricity transmission infrastructure market. Investment in smart grid is accounting for a major share of the overall market. Also the increasing regulatory standards has strongly contributed to the demand of the global electricity transmission infrastructure market. However, loss of electrical energy in long distance transmission (cannot be stored) are the major restraint in the global electricity transmission infrastructure market.
Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Market: Region-wise Outlook
The global electricity transmission infrastructure market is expected to register a favourable growth for the forecast period, 2015?2025. The Asia-Pacific region, led by China, (driven by the government engaging in expanding and upgrading the transmission infrastructure) is projected to its control on the global electricity transmission infrastructure market. North America (driven by the increasing creation of renewable energy projects) is expected to be the second largest market in global electricity transmission infrastructure market followed by Western Europe.
Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Market: Key Players
Some of the key market participants in global electricity transmission infrastructure market are ABB Limited, Alstom SA, Mitsubishi Electric, Eaton, General Electric Company, Hitachi Limited, Siemens AG, Toshiba Corporation and OSRAM Licht AG, among many others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Market: Segmentation
On the basis of transmission lines, the global electricity transmission infrastructure market is segmented as:
- Overhead power transmission and
- Underground power transmission
On the basis of product type, the global electricity transmission infrastructure market is segmented as:
- Transformers includes power and distribution transformers, among others.
- Switchgear and Switchboard apparatus
On the basis of applications, the global electricity transmission infrastructure market is segmented as
On the basis of technology, the global electricity transmission infrastructure market is segmented as:
- High-voltage direct current (HVDC)
- Smart Grid
- Others (new transformer core shapes, amorphous core transformers, among others)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.