This Float Glass market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Float Glass market.
Float Glass Market: Introduction
The float glass manufacturing process is named after the glass manufacturer Alastair Pilkington and hence, is also known as the Pilkington process. Float glass is manufactured by floating molten glass on a bed of molten metals, such as tin, lead and various low melting point alloys. Float glass is a sheet of glass and with the molten glass method, the resultant sheet possesses a good flat surface and uniform thickness. Most soda-lime glass are float glass and some quantities of flat panel display glass and speciality borosilicate are also made by the float glass process. Common raw materials used for the manufacturing of float glass are soda ash (sodium carbonate), sand, limestone, salt cake (sodium sulphate) and dolomite. Other ingredients may be used as refining, colouring agents or for required changes in the chemical and physical properties of the glass. Float glass is usually manufactured in batch process and its hardness and rigidness along with fact that it is a waterproof and lightweight insulator make it attractive among all end use applications in the global market. Float glass is increasingly being used in windows and doors in the construction industry, particularly for windows and doors made of glass. It is finding a variety of applications, such as windshields, windows and mirrors, in the automotive industry.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Float Glass Market: Dynamics
Float glass is currently the most used glass in the global consumer products industry. This can be attributed to the excellent quality of this glass. It requires no additional polishing and offers structural flexibility. Other prominent advantages are that it can be bent and shaped into various forms easily in its molten state.
The numerous advantages of float glass, coupled with its capability for use in the construction and automotive industry, are considered to be the significant drivers for the global float glass market. Float glass finds a wide range of applications in construction, automotive and infrastructure industries and is used in commercial, industrial, residential and infrastructure construction projects. Growing construction industry output is expected to be one of the most significant factors influencing the increased demand for float glass in the global market. Rising urbanization is leading to new construction activities, which is further expected to boost demand for float glass in building and construction tasks. Moreover, growing urbanization is expected to contribute to growth of the global float glass market at a CAGR close to or below the global GDP over the forecast period. The market has a positive outlook as there is healthy competition and this factor is influencing float glass manufacturers in the global market. Growth of technology and automation in the manufacturing and supply of automobiles has further increased the attractiveness of float glass among consumers and all end use industries. Significant market players are trying to develop strong, long lasting and lightweight float glass for vehicles in the automotive industry, which can be used efficiently and sustain load depending on the vehicle type. Development of material science expertise in manufacturing industries has empowered them to use novel materials, which is estimated to boost the sales of float glass in the near future in the global market.
Float Glass Market: Regional Outlook
North America and Europe have luxurious lifestyles and high disposable incomes with a high standard of living. This has led to the growth of float glass usage in the respective regions. The main application of float glass in construction and automotive industries is expected to act as a catalyst for the growth of the overall float glass market over the forecast period. Moreover, as float glass is strong and has great compressive strength, it is now also used for structural lightweight walls in commercial buildings. Thus, the float glass market is expected see rapid growth in all developed and developing countries in the future. APAC countries are anticipated to assist significantly for the growth of the global float glass market over the forecast period. Evolving countries in the APAC region, especially China and India, are estimated to play an imperative role in the growth of the float glass market in the coming future. In countries, such as India and China, construction and automotive industries are in an active state and thus, these countries are attractive for manufacturers. Consequently, there is humungous growth potential for the global float glass market.
The market for float glass is expected to grow, owing to significant macro-economic factors, such as growth in industrialization and urbanization and growth of the construction and automotive industry. This is pegged to surge growth of the global float glass market over the forecast period.
Float Glass Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the global float glass market, identified across the value chain, are:
- Hartung Glass Industries
- Guardian Industries Corp.
- Central Glass Co., Ltd.
- Trakya Cam Sanayii A.S.
- PPG Industries
- Taiwan Glass Group, Ltd.
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Float Glass Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Float Glass Market: Segmentation
The float glass market can be segmented on the basis of material type and end use.
By raw material, the float glass market can be segmented as:
- Soda Ash
- Others (Colour Additives, etc.)
By end use, the float glass market can be segmented as:
- Solar Glass
- Others (Furniture, etc.)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Float Glass Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Float Glass Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Float Glass Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Float Glass Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.