This Flue Gas Desulfurization System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Flue Gas Desulfurization System market.
International awareness of environmental concerns has been increasing in recent years resulted in the stringent environmental regulations regarding sulfur dioxide (SO2) emission in the many countries. Flue Gas Desulfurization System (FGDS) is a set of technologies which works to remove sulfur dioxide (SO2) from exhausted gases from the emission of the sulfur dioxide emitting processes. Basically, the flue gases are removed using a variety of reagents such as caustic, lime, fly-ash, magnesium oxide, soda ash, sea water, limestone, ammonia and double alkali. The flue gas desulfurization system efficiency is based on the reagents and the type of the technology used to desulfurize the Sulfur dioxide (SO2). The FGDS are available in size range from 5 MW to more than 2000 MW capacity.
Flue Gas Desulfurization System Market – Drivers and Restraints
The global FGDS market is expected to show a rapid market growth over the forecast period. The sulfur dioxide is responsible for the acid rain formation, the stringent government regulations to protect the environment have been implemented in many countries to limit and control the emission of the flue gas which is the major factor driving the global FGDS market. The increasing number of energy power plants to meet the rising demand of power needs more FGDS systems which drive the growth of the global FGDS market. The increasing industrialization and set up of chemical, iron and steel and cement manufacturing plants boost the demand of the FGDS which drives the growth of the global FGDS market.
However, the alternative methods used to remove the sulfur dioxide (SO2) from the flue gases after combustion such as Catalytic hydro desulfurization and fluidized bed combustion methods may hamper the use of FGDS system and restrain the growth of the global FGDS market.
Flue Gas Desulfurization System Market – Region Wise Outlook
The global FGDS market is segmented into the seven regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). The North America region has contributed the leading share to the global FDGS market in terms of revenue due to higher demand of the FGDS from the power generation industry and chemical, iron industry. The Western Europe has also contributed the significant shares to the global FGDS market followed by North America. APEJ region is the most lucrative market, followed by the Eastern Europe and expected to register the descent growth to the global FGDS market due to the rising industrialization, manufacturing and processing units of the industries such as power generation, coal, steel and cement. Japan and Eastern Europe are contributed descent growth to the global FGDS market. The MEA and Latin America are at a nascent stage and expected to show a moderate growth for the forecast period. Overall, the global FGDS fabric market is expected to register a significant growth rate over the forecast period 2016 to 2026.
Flue Gas Desulfurization System Market – Key Players
Some of the key players in the FGDS market are as follows:
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc.
- Marsulex Environmental Technologies
- FLSmidth & Co. A/S
- Thermax Limited
- Siemens AG
- Clyde Bergemann Power Group
- Burns & Mcdonnell
- Alstom SA
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Ltd.
- Hamon Corporation
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Flue Gas Desulfurization System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Flue Gas Desulfurization System Market – Segmentation
On the basis of type, theglobal FGDS market is segmented as follows:
- Wet flue gas desulfurizer
- Dry flue gas desulfurizer
- Semi dry desulfurizer
On the basis of applications, theglobal FGDS market is segmented as follows:
- Power generation
- Iron and steel
- Cement manufacturing
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Flue Gas Desulfurization System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Flue Gas Desulfurization System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Flue Gas Desulfurization System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Flue Gas Desulfurization System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.